Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Yeah, imagine Oscar/Fiona or any other knight proc'cing Sol and recovering huge amounts of hp, and being like unbeatable. And royals too, lol.

Well, Fe8 seems like a nice idea though, so... CHANGING VOTE

edit: MONOCLE... B-BUT LUNAAAA

Edited by Quintessence

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind seeing 7 in the mix as well, both max stats and otherwise. Nothing is really game breaking afaik

FE7 sounds kinda boring tbqh. It's basically FE8 without most of the skills, however few FE8 has anyway (not counting Silencer), no reclass options, poorer effective damage and less interesting legendary weapons. Maybe once we properly play some FE8 games, we'll see potential in playing the other GBA metas just for the hell of it, but it's not something I'd be rushing to do most definitely.

Yeah, imagine Oscar/Fiona or any other knight proc'cing Sol and recovering huge amounts of hp, and being like unbeatable. And royals too, lol.

Well, Fe8 seems like a nice idea though, so... CHANGING VOTE

The first FE8 game should be held any moment now, as I already have two complete teams in PM. Just need me, Nicolas and SB to be on at once, and I suppose I could technically play ZM in PoR Arena and run Nicolas vs. SB at the same time (though Elieson does need some input at this point still).

Well, Sol activates only skl/2% of the time, and Nihil blocks its activation entirely. All Gold/Silver Knights are doubled and 2HKO'd by Lions, too. Even Haar fails to escape a Lion Lord ORKO. I'm sure we can ban some stuff, but even then, why play a game full of skills none of which ever activate? Though, we could do it like we currently play PoR and not allow the movement of innate skills around, so characters with innate Nihil like Ike and Nolan would have unique value. I'm not sure, maybe it could be played, but I'm not sure how effectively.

but but but in max stats;

Canas!Luna has 56HP/21Def with 22AS. That's not insane or anything. Eliwood!Durandal is 3 points shy of a slick 2HKO on Canas. Eliwood.

Even with full supports, his crit isn't through the roof because others can easily cancel his crit.

And anyone with even no def through supports WILL survive 2 Lunas, If they can reach the 60hp threshold

Espi, input from me?

Also I'm on my phone and lack an efficient way to update lethe v boyd. I'm working on it though

Edited by Elieson

Another idea to nerf Radiant Dawn royalty:

Since Laguz do need to be commanded to transform even with Formshift, if you run more than one of these guys, one of them will be entirely helpless before their player gets several turns to command several of them to shift and attack. And if you get second turn, your precious Tibarns and Caineghises get whacked really hard with really awful halved untransformed stats.

Actually, that sounds perfect, though it also means you won't be seeing any of the meeker dudes like Janaff and Nealuchi.

I think RD could be playable, after all.

Also, is biorhythm taken into account? Imagine Resolve Miccy at regular-high-best with Thani/Rexaura... DAYUM

I found bio to be too much of a hassle to deal with, both in PoR and if we ever decide to play RD, too.

We just need ZM to be on now right?

ZM made his query before we quit yesterday. It could be processed now, followed by my turn.

Espi, input from me?

Also I'm on my phone and lack an efficient way to update lethe v boyd. I'm working on it though

I mean, you still currently need a dude to watch over your calcs and actions with various mechanics before you've figured everything out and are no longer disoriented. Nobody else was doing that last night, so I had to be the only one criticising you.

Oh.

Hey im trying~~ but srsly I do appreciate you making sure I didn't derp up that badly, and speaking up when I did.

Oh.

Hey im trying~~ but srsly I do appreciate you making sure I didn't derp up that badly, and speaking up when I did.

It's cool. And I wouldn't recommend trying to do anything arena-related on a mobile - sounds masochistic.

Actually, you know what would help a lot?

Espi, could you add a "Hit" column in the op, to calculate everything bar support and wpn accuracy? The skill x2 + luck number being in the op would make calculations a bit easier to run.

Actually, you know what would help a lot?

Espi, could you add a "Hit" column in the op, to calculate everything bar support and wpn accuracy? The skill x2 + luck number being in the op would make calculations a bit easier to run.

It's already there. It's titled "acc". There's one for "avo" too.

are you kidding me? I never considered acc to represent hit.... I totally knew that..... Edited by Elieson

This is pretty amusing to watch :P

Sorry that I wasn't around to start this match, but I guess it's good to have another person experience the joy of moderating.

I'm available most of the day on Saturday (until 5pm UTC-4), so I'd be happy to run an fe8 or fe9 game that day.
As for RD, I don't really think it's necessary to be expanding to more games that quickly, especially since fe9 is obviously quite similar. Also if we ever include biorhythm I am never hosting a game again

Turn 8

[spoiler=Teams and Rules]

Espinosa's team

tpz7.pngiqfw.png3jbw.png84ka.pngeofp.png

VS

ZeeEmm's team

1du9.pngtq2g.png6ryz.pngvow8.pngk85u.png

Ruleset:

- Maximum Stats meta, no boosters, no custom skills

- Shade active until 2 members have fallen, Provoke always active

- GBA-style counter

- NOJ Effectiveness (3x)

The Transformation Gauge belonging to ZeeEmm's Lethe has decreased by 3. Lethe's Gauge is at 7/20.

iqfw.png vs. k85u.png

ZeeEmm's Lethe (Claw) attacks Espinosa's Boyd (Silver Axe+)!

7 dmg 100% hit 0% crit -% Skill

(12 92 28 29)

Boyd receives 7 damage!

Espinosa's Boyd (Silver Axe+) counters ZeeEmm's Lethe (Claw)!

23 dmg 95% hit 0% crit 28% Skill

(77 14 92 90)

Lethe receives 23 damage.

ZeeEmm's Lethe (Claw) attacks Espinosa's Boyd (Silver Axe+) a second time!

7 dmg 100% hit 0% crit -% Skill

(44 51 17 7)

Boyd receives 7 damage.

Lethe's transformation gauge has been reduced by 1 due to engaging in battle. Lethe's gauge is at 6/20.

--Result--

Current HP (Espinosa's Team)

Ike: 60/60

Boyd: 46/60

Brom: 55/60

Nephenee: 0/59

Ena: 72/72

Current HP (ZeeEmm's Team)

Makalov: 0/60

Astrid: 56/56

Jill: 60/60

Haar: 52/60

Lethe: 31/68

Turn 8 Ends. Espinosa performs next.

Edited by Elieson

Lethe should have 31 HP not 41.

I feel like having fun, so let's have Ike Brave Sword Haar.

Dang it too many numbers on my screen, that was me just hitting the wrong button. My numbers on my paper were correct, I promise!