Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

I second fe10 as being a poor game to run in Link Arena format. I'm hardly seeing much of a future in fe6 that doesnt feature the Big Three. 8 has some promise still, and 9, well we're getting there.

Let's finish balancing metas for 6-9 first please, before we dabble into the nightmare that will be Fire Emblem: Ridiculous Disaster

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to withdraw from any matches I'm in or running until Friday at the earliest. Medical reasons are making it extremely difficult for me to be online.

I second fe10 as being a poor game to run in Link Arena format. I'm hardly seeing much of a future in fe6 that doesnt feature the Big Three. 8 has some promise still, and 9, well we're getting there.

Let's finish balancing metas for 6-9 first please, before we dabble into the nightmare that will be Fire Emblem: Ridiculous Disaster

Yeah, that's right. On the note of FE6, what do you think of allowing the Brave Sword?

I'm going to have to withdraw from any matches I'm in or running until Friday at the earliest. Medical reasons are making it extremely difficult for me to be online.

Get well soon!

Yeah, that's right. On the note of FE6, what do you think of allowing the Brave Sword?

okay dude

i already said that if you can prove that you can execute an enemy control glitch in chapter 21x and trade an item to the convoy, then we can allow the brave sword. if you're unable to prove that, then the default position is to ban the brave sword.

Hey I'm still waiting for SB to submit his team for the Boosters / Custom Skills / No Ike <Support> Oscar / No Ragnell Match. I have a secondary team I can submit for that though. Would anyone else like to face me in a Boosters / Custom Skills / No Ike <Support> Oscar / No Ragnell Match? Espinosa is hosting, and he already has my team.

Hey I'm still waiting for SB to submit his team for the Boosters / Custom Skills / No Ike <Support> Oscar / No Ragnell Match. I have a secondary team I can submit for that though. Would anyone else like to face me in a Boosters / Custom Skills / No Ike <Support> Oscar / No Ragnell Match? Espinosa is hosting, and he already has my team.

I have one almost done, so I can face you in not to long hopefully.

Get well soon Randa!

You should probably face Anon who's got a nice team ready to face yours. Just decide if you want to test the first team you sent me or finalise the second one (which is a lot more original).

FE6's future is probably in the absolute max stats metagame. I have a good feeling that there are still teams preferred to others though, as seen in Gonzo having dreadful hit issues without a +hit affinity.

FE10 should be playable enough, and mastery skills are nowhere as likely to proc compared to more reliable alternatives such as Adept... Still deserving a nerf though. I believe I proposed copying PoR skill mechanics and adapting the rest to it. Royals (-Kurt) and Giffca do deserve a ban though.

edit: also, thanks for listing the average stats Lucina, but I'm not sure how realistic these averages are considering you can BEXP your people in the base with totally different mechanics, allowing more stats to be capped that way. There might be an advantage to these stats however, such as nerfing the royals (who capram everything with perfect level-ups otherwise), but also some drawbacks (Ike doesn't reach his speed cap and is doubled by a lot of guys).

Edited by Espinosa

Maybe, if we were crazy, we could calculate averages with BEXP used.

Yeah, we're not that crazy. It's either the stats we have listed as average on the site (the same ones Lucina posted afaik), or we use the max stats.

Yeah, we're not that crazy. It's either the stats we have listed as average on the site (the same ones Lucina posted afaik), or we use the max stats.

And given FE10's style, even with a lot of the proposed restrictions, averages is probably best. About every unit is usable in the game so the supports, which are stupidly flexible, are all it is so far to differentiate between units.

And given FE10's style, even with a lot of the proposed restrictions, averages is probably best. About every unit is usable in the game so the supports, which are stupidly flexible, are all it is so far to differentiate between units.

Everyone's usable really? Spd and def caps are really bad for many of the units.

Espi: I'll have team 2-A (the one I think you want me to run) fully submitted in about 2 hours. I'll at work and cant edit boosters and all that shiz in too easily right now. That one can face AnonS whenever. I still question a few parts of it, but we'll see how it turns out.

Hopefully it tests well.

I just need to organize skills for them. Equipment and Boosters are all written down on my scratch pad, so I will be able to throw them in easily.

Edited by Elieson

Ah okay, take your time. The only other game I'm running right now is kinda stalled (though the suspense for the monstrous slaughter about to unfold has been building as more units got KO'd), and I'm a player in three other games right now, two also kinda stalled.

FE5 has like the simplest calcs ever. Very few supports and none that boost raw stats, mostly the same stats capped on key units, Charisma and leadership stars easily counted - even most viable weapons have the same exact 70 hit.

Support bonuses that benefit one person and not the other

Leadership bonuses that vary from unit to unit, and work for allies and the user alike

Charisma which may exist on a unit be it an innate skill, or any sword-user who's holding the King Sword, which means a Charisma boost that could change mid-battle without anyone actually dying. This, which only works for the allies, not the user, btw

And of course, AS calculated into AVO, which can actually matter in this meta (compared to FE9 meta, which it doesn't matter ever)

Edited by Elieson

This is all easy to memorise after you've done like two turns though, and once you know what affects hit rates you just clear your mind and check which of these variables are still active. The leadership stars appear on just two viable units, too.

And weight does matter in FE9. Mist and Ellincia are weighed down by the Runesword without Energy Drops, and all viable casters are weighed down by heavy tomes such as Rexbolt and siege. You've just played two max stats games in a row so you forgot that it matters quite a bit.

I have a question about Wrath that I can't check very easily because of my PoR game having 0% growths. Two actually.

1) Will Wrath kick in at exactly 50% HP?

2) Will it kick in for the Runesword? I do know the Sonic Sword can crit at range. Elieson warns me the Runesword won't crit in FE7.

Yeah it should activate at 50%. I'm guessing this is Refa's Mist we're talking about?

Sonic Sword and Runesword can critical at range, and combat skills such as Resolve and Adept will activate. They won't activate mastery skills at range though.

Edited by Woodshooter