Best/Worst Mercenary in FE

Best/Worst Mercenary  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

2. 2. Worst?

Do you mean by personality or as a unit?

Honestly, Severa is a great mercenary, and she can also reclass, beating all those idiots, and allowing to max out her stats easily.

Her growths are amazing too. Ranger just hates Cordelia and Severa, so of course bias would come into play.

Edited by Carter

You missed Ulster and Machua.

I guess you're not counting prepromos, but if you are, there's Harken, Echidna, Flavia, Galzus, and I think Ralph? some forgettable dude in FE5

Probably missed some myself ohwell

Anyway:

Ogma, Gerik, Dieck, Machua, Malice, Holyn, and Ulster are all favourites, with Malice being my most favoured in terms of personality, most useful? Probably the three (good ones) in GBA. All very capable units.

I guess Severa is not my fav, personality is annoying and recruitment is too many rescue shots

As someone who doesn't play postgame most child characters are utterly useless so

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

You missed Ulster and Machua.

I guess you're not counting prepromos, but if you are, there's Harken, Echidna, Flavia, Galzus, and I think Ralph? some forgettable dude in FE5

Probably missed some myself ohwell

Anyway:

Ogma, Gerik, Dieck, Machua, Malice, Holyn, and Ulster are all favourites, with Malice being my most favoured in terms of personality, most useful? Probably the three (good ones) in GBA. All very capable units.

I guess Severa is not my fav, personality is annoying and recruitment is too many rescue shots

As someone who doesn't play postgame most child characters are utterly useless so

I'l add them in. And no, I'm not counting prepromos.

Worst is Inigo - he's screwed over by having Olivia as his mother, primarily because her bases suck and she's hard to marry off. Having the most annoying child paralogue is strike three.

Best? I'm particularly fond of Gerik.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Best: Severa

Great unit and great personality! I love her development through her supports with her mother, and she is a great foil to her mother in terms of personality.
Worst: Gregor
I went through the list, but Gregor just became the worst through default. If I could actually remember Caesar I probably would have voted for him.

Voted Dieck because unlike the other mercs, he comes in when you're really lacking on good units. Most others are great units but aren't as much of a lifesaver <_<

Edited by Irysa

Voted Gregor for worst because he's terribly mediocre. And best I voted for Malice because I like her design even though she's NOT a mercenary. Well...technically she is but she's not.

Best: Gerik. So manly, so studly, such great bases, so insta-promotable for either hand axes or a horse. <3

Worst: Caesar, just because there's no incentive to use him

Do you mean by personality or as a unit?

Honestly, Severa is a great mercenary, and she can also reclass, beating all those idiots, and allowing to max out her stats easily.

Her growths are amazing too. Ranger just hates Cordelia and Severa, so of course bias would come into play.

My post makes it pretty clear that I'm judging by personality and it's no secret that I hate her either.

... I might be missing something here, but what makes Gregor so bad?

Mercenaries are generally good units from what I can tell, but Gregor is just painfully mediocre. He isn't really useful when you recruit him and he's passed up majorly by the other two mercenaries in the game. For some reason, when he comes in, for me he just doesn't work at well as a unit. He gets the worst honors for being a mediocre unit in a great class.