Arena Grinding, is it possible to beat Shadow Dragon without it?

I've been playing Shadow Dragon on and off for a while now and am currently at Chapter 15.The challenge is starting to pick up and I'm curious if its possible to beat the game without using Arenas. (I personally find them annoying).

I only used it on my swordmaster Wendell, and then he died after about 8 opponents,

Ah well he got me cash. Other than that i have not used it on the others.

Edited by SwiftStrike

I don't think that enemies on Normal ever get significantly stronger, considering that even late in the game new recruits have little more then their class bases. Like how Midia is effectively base Jagen but with growths.

One way or another, the arena is never necessary. Neither for gold or exp.

Edited by BrightBow

Even so, the level shouldn't be too hard. All you gotta do is to find a way to slow down Garnef for a few rounds until he leaves. It might be a good idea to open a can of Pure Water for once.

Edited by BrightBow

Come to think of it, Gharnef actually is a lot more dangerous here then he is in the original game. He has pretty much the same stats but the changed weight mechanics mean that he has a whopping 16 Agility while the old one had merely 9.

Extremely possible, as Refa proved with a Wyvern Maria and Horace with Wrys and Shin with Biraku among many of the small examples

Hey, my chumps team was amazing! Chapter 15 takes a little thought, if you're having trouble, try to take things a bit slower.

If you're worried about Gharnef, base Lena + a Pure Water will bring her up to 14 RES. Her RES growth is 50% (assuming she's still a Cleric), meaning that she'll average another point of RES every two levels.

For everything else, something that flies and a Pure Water should clear out the worst of it. Use your own archers against the enemy Dracoknights.