Google+ needs to leave, forever.

Klokinator

It would've been a much keener move to implement something like this integration when Google+ first became something public. As a social networking site, if it became mandatory to access Youtube via a Google+ account, to the extent where each service was one and the same, it could've posed a serious threat to Facebook's userbase.

Moving the integration up now isn't nearly as good a move as it would've been some years ago.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that you can only reply to, thumb up or down or do anything with comments section on videos whose channels have a partnership with youtube. I don't even see a simple 'Report' function on non-partnered channel's videos.

So...uh, I'm not sure I understand this comment thing. It said they'll send replies to your comments at Google+, but does that mean you just straight can't view any comments from videos now? Because I can't view any of the comments for any videos at all.

Youtube has a dreadful habit of rolling out unneeded, irritating changes but this truly takes the cake. Even Youtube comments are better than no comments at all.

I can see comments fine and reply to them, but I'm a partner so... not sure. SoC isn't, I don't know if he's having issues. Are you with G+ now, did you make the switch? If you made the switch there shouldn't be any issues (other than the fact that it's completely shitty) and you should be able to see/post comments, but I could be wrong about that.

Why the hell did they remove 'Show Comment' feature? Are they TRYING to get everyone to hate them? If yes, then congratulations. You fucking suceeded.

Okay, I thought I was crazy, it is gone, then? Guhhhh now I can't search for my old comments for nostalga XD

My reaction to Google+ YT: photo-3389.png?_r=1383621823

Edited by L95

I mean, my Google+ account is linked to my Youtube. Whenever I log in it asks me whether I want to log in as my email address or my Youtube handle. It constantly asks whether I want to use my real name or some such, but I say no every time.

Does that mean the accounts aren't linked? Because that would be remarkably stupid.

So...uh, I'm not sure I understand this comment thing. It said they'll send replies to your comments at Google+, but does that mean you just straight can't view any comments from videos now? Because I can't view any of the comments for any videos at all.

Youtube has a dreadful habit of rolling out unneeded, irritating changes but this truly takes the cake. Even Youtube comments are better than no comments at all.

My friend linked his YT to his Google+ account and he can't see any comments on any videos either, so it's not just you.

Another friend says he can see comments but can't comment at all, so it's probably just buggy overall.

Everything's fine for me other than the layout itself

Edited by PKLucas531

I ended up making my real name "Klokinator" just so I wouldn't have to.

you can get your account terminated for doing that.

not saying there's a sizable chance of that happening, but it's in the ToS last i checked...

My friend linked his YT to his Google+ account and he can't see any comments on any videos either, so it's not just you.

Another friend says he can see comments but can't comment at all, so it's probably just buggy overall.

Everything's fine for me other than the layout itself

i did this (linked G+ and YT) when they first tried to get all of us to do it. all of my accounts work just fine.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Didn't read much of the topic but I agree with any anti-Google+ sentiments and have been complainig appropriately to try and make my voice heard lol

In the mean time I am NOT switching over, even if I can't comment, I'm not going to be taken in by the plague and become a zombie. I WILL BE THE LAST MAN STANDING

So I "updated" my channel... The Google+ notification system is really dumb. I just want a simple inbox like what we had before, so I can easily check and reply to the comments on my videos.

Also, the feature for reviewing comments flagged as spam doesn't seem to work properly.

2z4hli8.png

This new interface makes it extremely difficult to follow convos on youtube. They say X replied to Y, but when you click on the link, it sends you back at the main video. Who thought this was a good idea?

Seriously, google made some questionable change to youtube before, but this is extremely bad decision making. And that is why monopoly is bad. If there were other big video distributor with the same quality as youtube, changes like that(and forcing you to subscribe to a service you never asked for) would probably encourage some people to leave youtube in favor of a less invading site.

This new interface makes it extremely difficult to follow convos on youtube. They say X replied to Y, but when you click on the link, it sends you back at the main video. Who thought this was a good idea?

Seriously, google made some questionable change to youtube before, but this is extremely bad decision making. And that is why monopoly is bad. If there were other big video distributor with the same quality as youtube, changes like that(and forcing you to subscribe to a service you never asked for) would probably encourage some people to leave youtube in favor of a less invading site.

Believe me... Niconico is even worse.

At least when it comes to video quality allowances. 40 MB for free users limited to certain bit rates, and 100MB for premium users.

...but comments are easier and lulzy though.