FE6 Girls Only LTC

Espinosa

Some more stuff  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Try to train Miledy?

• Yeah, she has good growths and levels fast.
    • Instapromote for 8 move and compensate for the lack of levels with boosters
  2. 2. Try going for a second Warper besides Niime?

• Yeah, do your best with Ellen (as of C14, L6.99/0 and 90% into D-C staves)
    • Don't bother; the low-turn direction won't allow this
  3. 3. Fa?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there are some bosses against whom str-blessed pegs are really good apparently (this applied to Vanessa in the girls only LTC I did in FE8 as well).

I've been wondering what would result in a lower turn count - recruiting Cath in chapter 12 or doing it later in chapter 16. Chapter 12 should be clearable in 5-turns, while Cath appears on turn 7, so Roy should be able to seize on turn 8 or 9. In chapter 16, Cath appears on turn 10 and, once recruited on turn 11, we're missing out on Narshen's Delphi Shield because Cath is the only one allowed to steal items (Astohl and Chad may not gain exp). I guess I can still consciously sacrifice another turn just to get the shield for Thany/Miledy (it's hard to guess which one of the two will be the bulkiest right now; Miledy I guess?).

One thing that's certain is that the extra turns spent in chapter 16 lead to the acquisition of superior items.

I guess I should open up my old LTC save in C16 and count the squares to understand how many turns it would take to break the wall to Zeiss, recruit him, all while Thany, Roy and Cath rush to the boss taking the right-hand side. I warpskipped the chapter on my full-party LTC run and Ellen won't be warping now, so that experience is mostly useless for the purposes of solving this issue.

And I thought MY Thany was good. Her 10/9 stats at ch18 are equal/worse to yours except in speed and skill lol. Go go super Thany.

39 (robe) 15 20 26 16 12 14

Edited by Irysa

Mine only beats yours in strength by 1 point actually, losing / tying everywhere else. She's 15/2 so basically almost the equivalent to yours (though capramming speed early and hence slower).

And it looks like Miledy can start attacking the wall to Zeiss on turn 8, not taking dancing into account. If she carries promoted Sue w/ Brave Bow along with her, I expect she can recruit Zeiss on turn 9 (turn 8 - 1 Silver Lance + 1 Brave Bow, turn 9 - a bow attack from Sue breaking the wall).

Recruiting Cath in chapter 12 also means she can steal Hugh's Member Card, allowing me to save the money needed to hire him for the card otherwise. I think I'll go ahead and recruit her early. I'm probably missing out on the treasure on the left hand side (in the room with the snipers) though, namely the useful Rescue staff. Though Cecilia could probably get there on time with a support unit (like Lilina or something), especially if dancing is involved (none should be needed on the right-hand side).

Hmmm, let's think again. lol.

Could be missing something but it appears that I cannot 5-turn chapter 9 due to not being allowed to expose Noah to attacks. If I were okay with having Noah attacked by a Fighter, I'd have a pretty elegant 5-turn clear (actually went as far as get it done then decided I would stick to the rules I came up with).

The problem is that a) Fir attacks Thany and Roy when nobody else is in range, b) Noah is prioritised over Thany/Roy by the other enemies.

I'll think about it some more, but most likely I'll try to 6-turn while feeding Lilina and Sue as much exp as possible and maybe try to recruit Shin / visit the Killer Bow village / shop? I'd like the Silver Sword village the most but I believe Fir is pulled south if you send a unit there, which is bad.

Sometimes I wish I could just turn the FoW off when practicing strategies.

That'd be pretty similar to a normal run, considering Miledy is just about the only female unit you really want to use. Zeiss can make a good enough Miledy clone however, and I don't see why you wouldn't play that kind of run on Hard Mode either (you have the whole cast of Marcus, Zealot, cavs, Rutget etc.).

Also,

lol

She survived the enemy phase, but since Iron Sword whiffed the boss she couldn't finish him off with two Silver Lance hits on the enemy phase. Funny fact is that if I ended the turn without doing anything with Fir, Thany would've been the one to crit the boss instead (at 4%).

That clip is from my older attempts, before I had to give up the chance of 5-turning the map.

Chapter 11 should be a memorable one.

Lots of infrastucture, multiple objectives and three epic new characters in Lalum, Echidna and Tate. A dancer, an offensive juggernaut and a flier. Less reason for scrubs like Dorothy and Wendy to keep showing up.

At least I didn't try avotanking any Mercs with her (who one-round KO her sometimes).

It's funny to imagine what my turn counts would be like if I were determined to play each chapter only once without any resets. Stats too (though I'd also expect much higher level-ups all across the board and, also, more action for Dorothy and the like).

At least I didn't try avotanking any Mercs with her (who one-round KO her sometimes).

It's funny to imagine what my turn counts would be like if I were determined to play each chapter only once without any resets. Stats too (though I'd also expect much higher level-ups all across the board and, also, more action for Dorothy and the like).

a while back I actually considered doing a playthrough like that, where I try to get low turns without saving the game, just to see what scenerios the game tosses you

although i'd never do it for a game like FE6 since hitrates and some bosses would make one really really sad

Thats basically one of the reasons I was interested in those RNG hacks for FE6 and 7 that I posted about a while ago. I've been casually playing FE7 HM with it, it's nice to actually be able go into a map without knowing things at all.

You can always just never reset the game and do suspend restart chapters if you want as well but that doesnt work so well for early chapters.

Edited by Irysa

Well, if your LUA is turned off and you don't replay the chapter or any of its parts, that's about the way you perceive the games in their natural form. Sure, you can memorise something from your past experiences and re-produce but for most people that's mostly limited to the prologue and maybe the first chapter.

Chapter 10 Echidna in 5 turns.

Dorothy and Wendy continue to prove their superiority (if not combatwise than definitely Moral Superiorityâ„¢) by taking two turns to kill a Merc and burn RNs whiffing so that their neighbour may benefit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll never understand this game's AI.

What could possibly cause a Shaman to attack Lilina from a different place when on two different runs (between which the discrepancy occurs) I have ALL my characters on the same exact positions, equipped with the same exact weapons and the same string of RNs preceding the enemy phase? Lilina gets a bad level-up as a result and my whole preparation for the last few turns (involving the recruitment of Tate and Echidna, which is tricky) gets destroyed, all because the Shaman attacks Lilina from the north and not from the east.

Maybe I'm missing some bit, idk.