FE6 Girls Only LTC

Espinosa

Some more stuff  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Try to train Miledy?

• Yeah, she has good growths and levels fast.
    • Instapromote for 8 move and compensate for the lack of levels with boosters
  2. 2. Try going for a second Warper besides Niime?

• Yeah, do your best with Ellen (as of C14, L6.99/0 and 90% into D-C staves)
    • Don't bother; the low-turn direction won't allow this
  3. 3. Fa?

I'll never understand this game's AI.

What could possibly cause a Shaman to attack Lilina from a different place when on two different runs (between which the discrepancy occurs) I have ALL my characters on the same exact positions, equipped with the same exact weapons and the same string of RNs preceding the enemy phase? Lilina gets a bad level-up as a result and my whole preparation for the last few turns (involving the recruitment of Tate and Echidna, which is tricky) gets destroyed, all because the Shaman attacks Lilina from the north and not from the east.

Maybe I'm missing some bit, idk.

Huh. FE AI is tricky, and sometimes stupid (as in "I got two units that can attack unit X, but I'll have A take up the only space B can attack from despite having other places to attack from" stupid).

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never understand this game's AI.

What could possibly cause a Shaman to attack Lilina from a different place when on two different runs (between which the discrepancy occurs) I have ALL my characters on the same exact positions, equipped with the same exact weapons and the same string of RNs preceding the enemy phase? Lilina gets a bad level-up as a result and my whole preparation for the last few turns (involving the recruitment of Tate and Echidna, which is tricky) gets destroyed, all because the Shaman attacks Lilina from the north and not from the east.

Maybe I'm missing some bit, idk.

You're not the only one that has no clue on this game's AI. I think the only one that understands FE6 is dondon.

Huh. FE AI is tricky, and sometimes stupid (as in "I got two units that can attack unit X, but I'll have A take up the only space B can attack from despite having other places to attack from" stupid).

I think I had this occur on my previous LTC run when I was playing with a full team on HM, in Percival's chapter. That time, my solution was just think of a new strategy, but now I have doubts that when I play through the map for the 3rd time that it will be like the 2nd time and not the 1st, so I'm basically forced to keep restarting over and over. Pity; my strat seemed so complete - with everyone recruited and all villages visited in the lowest possible turns.

Apparently, whether the Shaman targets Lilina from the north or the east was affected by Thany's inventory (which I emptied on my first attempt), and Thany was more than 20 squares away. Didn't see that coming.

Now I need to decide whether I'm 8-turning chapter 12 and 9-turning chapter 16, or 5-turning chapter 12 and 12-turning chapter 16 (the Delphi Shield costs an extra turn because both Roy and Cath need to be ferried and danced). Still not sure if I can reach the Rescue staff in 9 turns (I suppose I could send Thany together with Miledy's group and have her go for the treasure, since she has Boots).

Chapter 11 Echidna in lowest possible 9 turns.

Pretty important chapter since there's recruitment, village saving, lots of promotion items and stat boosters, shopping... Lilina really gets the most out of her levelling opportunities.

So here I thought chapter 12's turn 1 is a good time to feed Lalum the Angelic Robe. I thought wrong - I do not have enough units to deliver 3 foot units on time if I want to 5-turn the map. Maybe assigning Tate to the left-hand side would help? Probably just need Lalum to keep dodging and not any robes just yet (though it seems inevitable considering I will never have a Barrier staff, but there should be a better time for it regardless).

Chapter 12's 5-turn seems more tight than I had imagined, and I might need all 5 dances and all mounted units on the left-hand side to achieve it.

I wonder if C13's Body Ring would be best on Lilina. Once she promotes, she is able to carry unpromoted Roy around while building supports with him and it also makes her faster when using Bolting.

Pretty much everybody is weighed down by something on this run, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Wendy contributes by baiting the stupid staff AI!

Looks like Lilina is gonna become one heck of a sage. I think this run shows that Lilina with slightly above average speed makes a perfectly fine mage vs normal mode enemies, or arguably better than Lugh because she can ORKO more high HP enemies.

Except that Lilina getting good speed is not reliable, while Lugh has a decent shot at it and doesn't need that much mag to ORKO anyway.

Not that either of them should be good in LTC under normal conditions though :P but I think Lugh has a very obvious edge, including availability.

Edited by PKL

Chapter 12x is here, and I no longer feel I went overkill with Sue's stats. Having ranged killer access early is so good for bosskilling. Too bad she doesn't get a better (=any) sword rank on promotion. Now to finalise that strategy...

They should've added Wind Edges much earlier in the series - RD wasn't really a good game to introduce those in.

I'd like to say something good about Valks, but the only Valk who exists and does something in my GBA runs is Cecilia. On that note, I'm sure I'll enjoy using her on this run.

Now, branched promotions allowing Dieck to go Nomad Tropper would be great. Or not too hot if it's E bows (still, I imagine I'd train him over Allence).

Been wondering if I need to promote Tate and/or Miledy in chapter 13 (where I currently am). Both are at the right level (though either of the two could use extra levelling for better stats, Tate moreso with those crap bases), and a 5-turn of the map with the killer weapon shopping is pretty demanding. Thany getting a Killer Lance is pretty much a must for bosskilling during the midgame portion of FE6, and somebody like Tate pretty much requires one of these to actually have some semblance of combat. It's Miledy's favourite weapon too, offering good chances of one-rounding without weighing her down.

It looks like breaking through the bottom bridge is the way to go, and going about it my usual way - flying Thany across the ocean - does not quite allow to fulfill the side objectives.

Lilina should be able to save the Body Ring village on her own pretty easily, though. She's kinda close to ramming the level cap, so if I have to take an extra turn in C14 to obtain a Guiding Ring I will (I want Nosferatu, Pure Water and item!Torch anyway). Not sure if I can save the Guiding Ring village in Illia at all, and I'd prefer that Lilina starts her promoted training until then. Those Boltings boosted by the Roy support are a huge selling point.

• 2 weeks later...