Lucia vs. Lucina

NyanKitteh

Lucia vs Lucina  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which character do you like more overall?

Bright bow

Basilio died in the timeline without lucina. Can you tell me what kept basilio Alive in this time line?

Like I wrote in my last post, what kept him alive was the plot. Well, sure, everything happens because the plot says it does...

What I mean is that it isn't a question if Basilio's survives but merely how the plot decides that Basilio would survive.

Imagine the same scenario without Lucina.

If Lucina and therefore the in-story justification of him surviving no longer exists, then he would simply survive because his injured wear so bad, he was believed to be death by Flavia and Wallhart.

That's exactly what happens even with Lucina. Except without her we would be spared Basilio's absurd claim that despite him supposedly being near death, he would have totally attacked Wallhart again if he didn't suddenly remember her warning.

So the Lucina-less version would effectively be the same as the one with her, but would be slightly more believable.

The other timeline? This detail of the other timeline only exists because Lucina brought it up in the first place.

If she is removed, then suddenly Basilio no longer got killed by Wallhart, so no justification is needed on how he could survive that encounter in one timeline but not the other.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going off the wiki here, but another version of Robin arrived with Lucina. So if she had never travelled to this world this version of Grima would never have been destroyed. And his influence gave Robin the hints that allowed him to defeat Validar.

It may be possible to write Lucina out of the story, but so what? Basically any given character in the series could be written out of their game with enough massaging of the plot.

Grima followed Lucina to this timeline and managed to find Avatar and messed up their memories.

But Lucina arrived after Avatar was found by Chrom and Lissa.

lolwut?

The plot already mentions that the time gate thing doesn't deliver everyone at the same place or time. For example, Laurent landed a couple of years ahead of everyone else.

So it is possible that Grima arrived before Lucina despite entering the time travel gate after her.

Edited by LuxSpes

You mean like this?

Forced in one chapter and can contribute chip damage, maybe ORKOing if she gets lucky with crits. However, she loses to trained Zihark and Mia, and while she has better luck, Stefan is better than she is at base. Late join time, swordlock, unreliable offence and fragility of a mage all speak against Lucia's value as a unit. Brings along a Laguzguard which is of some use here and there. Use her in the first chapter she starts in, and then don't deploy her again. 2.5/10
Credit to whoever I copy pasted