The worst ideas for a video game.

IceBrand

Demons stole your pet dog and you have to slaughter the denizens of Hell to get it back.

Now that I think about it, that has better plot and characterization than the Mario Franchise.

Edited by sifer

You are at a bus stop but are out of change. Thus, you need to go around the neighborhood and ask for more change within a particular time frame before the bus arrives.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

You are an Italian plumber, transported to a mushroomy dimension, where you must save a princess held captive by a dino-turtle-dragon-monster.

You were supposed to get a cake as a reward... but Kirby stole it!

Kirby_and_Cake.png

mariosad.jpg

Let's take a renowned character seen as strong and independent and put her in a game where the script makes her seem like a bratty teenage girl with daddy-issues. Let's also strip away the free exploration aspect of said game and replace it with action game cliches.

You're in a house and you have to find a missing contact lens(with blurry vision since you don't have said lens). If you walk on it, it's game over and you have to start all over again(lens location is randomized).

Edited by LuxSpes

Let's take a renowned character seen as strong and independent and put her in a game where the script makes her seem like a bratty teenage girl with daddy-issues. Let's also strip away the free exploration aspect of said game and replace it with action game cliches.

You're in a house and you have to find a missing contact lens(with blurry vision since you don't have said lens). If you walk on it, it's game over and you have to start all over again(lens location is randomized).

^I don't often lose my glasses but when I do...

It is Hella anoying

Objective: find your glasses

Start the game with blurry vision...

you can use the ability clear sight to help you look for things, but it requires glasses in your inventory

Beware of cruch sound underfoot... 25% chance of game over each time sound is herd. (idden modifiers make it 100% chance occurence)

To identify objects, you have to be 2 feet away.

Edited by sifer

You are playing as the scientist Dr. Jekyl, who is trying to get to a wedding for some reason.

Unfortunately, every person or animal on the streets seems to be determined to make you regret the day you were born

Suffering enough harassment makes you turn into the serial killer Hyde. But instead of going after your tormentors, you are fighting...things, while going through the stage in reverse.

Edited by BrightBow

A game which have a good scenario, good things, etc, but at the very end, like a the 99% of the game, you have a question which give you one choice, and it's to... try again.

Edited by Finn

A game where you're a cliche hero in a cliche world fighting a cliche villain for a cliche cause. All the game mechanics are cliche attack, jumping and walking, with nothing but cliche linear stages and problems.

you wake up one day missing one of your arms

as the day goes on you look to find what happened to it

however, around the middle of the day each day(your body resets somehow when you sleep), one of your legs also vanishes.

you meet a small frog name Julius who offers to give you a ride to his apartment to do drugs

obviously you can't agree to his terms because you have one arm and one leg, drugs is the last thing you need

eventually you realize that the real quest is not to find your missing limbs but to help Julius kick his addiction to crack cocaine.

Demons stole your pet dog and you have to slaughter the denizens of Hell to get it back.

Now that I think about it, that has better plot and characterization than the Mario Franchise.

Me want. Me want. rescue pet dog is a break from rescue sister/princess