How bad is the content for Tales of Xillia?

Replica Model

I recently got a PS3 and me being a big Tales fan I have to buy Xillia but the only thing I'm really worried about is the ESRB rating that says "sexual themes". I have a little brother who is not even in his teens yet and my parents don't allow me to play it because of it but how bad is it? It can't be that bad, right? I mean, its a Tales game, its probably just costumes or something. Or unless its like the spa scene in Tales of the Abyss that happens quite frequently.

Sexual themes is probably talking about some of the skits but they arent even too bad, my little brother & sister watched me play the game and there was nothing wrong with it

Some dialogue, but that's skippable. The main story isn't too bad.

EDIT: One skit comes to mind, but it's milder than Shrek.

EDIT2: Oh, right, Teepo. Remember to keep your party well-fed, and that tidbit should never come up.

Edited by eclipse

My parents are get disgusted with this kind of stuff and pound me with questions like, "why are you playing this vulgar game? Did you just buy a PS3 so you could see this vurlgarity?". So to keep my hide safe I have to ask these questions.

Xillia 2.

Stay the hell away from Xillia 2.

You're making Xillia 2 sound filthy. This makes me wonder if I should even play Xillia...

Edited by Replica Model

Some of the outfits are kinda skimpy but if you played Graces f or Vesperia or Abyss I don't think this is a big change from the usual. There's innuendo but nothing blatant. If you are really concerned, skip the skits and nothing should really come up, but it isn't as bad in the fan service department as the ESRB rating makes it sound.

You're making Xillia 2 sound filthy.

Because a certain ending anime movie in it is. The GIFs. I can't forget the GIFs.

Xillia 2 is "fanservice anniversary" edition. I mean that's not necessarily a bad thing... but in your situation, you probably shouldn't get it when/if it gets to be in English.

Xillia 1 is just plain enjoyable, and everything you expect from a true anniversary title. It's fun. And it doesn't have any of the things I'm describing about Xillia 2.

No need to fear the first.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 2 weeks later...

Because a certain ending anime movie in it is. The GIFs. I can't forget the GIFs.

Xillia 2 is "fanservice anniversary" edition. I mean that's not necessarily a bad thing... but in your situation, you probably shouldn't get it when/if it gets to be in English.

I require sauce for said gifs.

I played it in japanese. I don't think there's any sexual content with the 1rst game, but maybe I missed some innuendos because of the language barrier. The second game had a hot spring ending which has pretty sexual themes...