Unnamed Mafia (anon) - Game Over

Grace

(1) I'm not voting you for either of those reasons, actually. My reasons for finding you scummy haven't changed from D1. (2) But I'm leaning more towards Hot Wheels being your scumbuddy than anyone, since the only other option is Dragonite, and you just wanted to bus him.

(3) Also, as for the #124 bit, I'm seeing it more as you looking like you're going after Dragonite to conceal buddying up, but I'm not sure what to make of Dragonite right now so I'm not pushing that option too hard. (4) And what's with your opinion that "lol I have more scumreads so I'm townier than you"? That makes no sense and sounds like little more than arguing a point for the sake of arguing a point.

(5)And as well, I'm not "lining up lynches", as you claim. I'm merely giving my priorities. Calm down on that point.

1. Well, you said I was "still bugging" you "due to excessive focus on the potential 2x miller & cop aspect".

2. So, Hot Wheels--aka the guy who I'm currently voting and pushing because I don't believe his role claim--is probably my scumbuddy, but Dragonite--aka the guy who I was voting and pushing at the end of yesterday--couldn't be my buddy because I was bussing him? What?

3. What buddying up, exactly, am I supposedly concealing? I voted Dragonite after his first real content post, in which he voted me. So yeah no buddying whatsoever is going on.

4. You accused me of seeming scummy for not having any scumreads other than a "not overly viable one" on IT, which wasn't even true anymore. I was trying to point out that that was a bad argument because FYPOV it didn't apply to you.

5. Saying "I'd prefer to lynch Iketani over The Grillmaster" is giving a priority. Saying "let's lynch The Grillmaster once Iketani is gone" is lining up lynches.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and consider something: when I claimed miller I was one of the first people to post. if I am scum, either that is me being incredibly gutsy by faking miller when I didn't know whether or not a town one existed, or that is manix giving me miller as a fake. if manix gave me miller as a fake, that is manix believing that two miller claims wouldn't be suspicious. and if that is the case then there is just as good a likelihood of manix actually including two millers.

I can agree with you that the manner in which you claimed Miller was befitting that of a fellow townsman. However, riddle me this.

I don't buy multiple millers in a 9p game. also inclined to agree with insane; she could have claimed properly in a less passive-aggressive manner three hours before she did. anyone object to hammer? and okay, even if she's new and didn't know that millers are supposed to claim, once people pointed out that it is fairly common practice for them to do so, why didn't she do so then?

Here you clearly state that you don't buy multiple millers. Isn't it rather convenient that after the lynch, you're willing to accept the possibility of there being two millers? What could have possibly made you believe so strongly in the fact that there was only one miller?

Getting a bad vibe from the way Fluffy seems to automatically assume people are town rather than null, typically for reasons not actually related to alignment. For an example, why is Reinbach's content townie and not just scum writing content that looks decent?

Hmph, if one were particularly inclined, similar complaints could be made at anyone who appears townie. I believe you are the one who needs to explain why I stand out from others whose appear townie. But choose your words carefully, for those who cast undue suspicion on Schtolteheim Reinbach III shall feel my wrath!

Grillmaster never gave another read on Ike after it became a wagon. Distancing much? Grill asked Ike to comment on other players, but never gave his response on said comments beside that thing about miller (which isn't a read).

I'm finding your choice of words rather distasteful. One cannot distance themselves from a wagon while being tied down to it via a vote.

Current lynch priority for D2, IMO, is Grillmaster > Hot Wheels > NARS > everyone else, but Grill's the only one whom I'm currently confident would flip scum.

If you're so confident Grillmaster will flip scum, then why is Hot Wheels second on your lynch priority? From their interactions, I find it highly unlikely that they're scumbud-

I'm not voting you for either of those reasons, actually. My reasons for finding you scummy haven't changed from D1. But I'm leaning more towards Hot Wheels being your scumbuddy than anyone, since the only other option is Dragonite, and you just wanted to bus him.

I would never admit to actually doing such an uncultured thing, but say if I were to be intaking a drink while reading this statement, I would be unable to resist the resulting spitetake. Do explain, what makes it so likely that these two are scumbuddies? Why is the only other option Dragonite, of all people? Even ignoring the other currently active players, why could it not be New Age Retro Scum? Hmmm?

I will speak more about my lynch priority shortly, but first, dinner awaits.

Hey McSnootyTalk Junior-Junior, please talk normally, It makes it harder to understand what you're saying.

Your suspicion of Hot Wheels is ridiculous. Thinking there's only one miller is fine (I agree with that thought) and, from his point of view, he's town looking at a miller PM and a flipped miller, so he has to believe there's 2 millers because he knows that 2 players *are* millers (him and the flip). His belief change is completely consistent with his claimed role, so it's null. You can find him scummy based on "there aren't 2 millers" rolespec (as I do), but you can't say that his belief change is scummy, because it's just not.

I'm tired and got back from a quiz that completely wrecked me so this will probably be my only post until tomorrow (realtime, not game time). sorry.

@reinbach- I know I found two millers weird as well. which is why I'm not scumreading grillmaster for thinking I'm scum because of it. but at the time, not just the claim, but the manner in which iketani claimed combined with the fact that she was both a miller and a tracker, made me think she was scum. that being said, I don't think I was at any time as sure as grillmaster is that two millers are impossible. which is why I don't get his insistence on it. and then as grillmaster said, I had to accept two millers after the claim.

##Vote: Dragonite

still think fluffy mite b scum but atm I think I like this case more. His scumhunting consists mostly of just analyzing the wagon of someone he thought was scum. the rest of it is an argument against grillmaster that looks at one part of what grill is saying and disregarding like 75% of it. it's nitpicking to the extreme. also whatever you want to say about grillmaster; I don't think "no content" can be an accusation. I think that if grillmaster were scum trying to push the double miller mislynch on me, his vote would be more of a votepark. but he was still trying to find scum elsewhere too in the night phase.

though not so much at the very moment. grillmaster, what are your other reads? who would you vote right now if not for me?

Dragonite (as previously discussed), or maybe Fluffy based on his last few posts, I think. It's early phase and Dragonite already has a few votes, and hasn't posted since my last comment on him, so nothing more to say there. Actually, I almost switched to Fluffy at the end of my last post, but the claim thing is still worse for me. Also, his case on me is either scum fabrications or terribad town, but I don't have a good sense as for which yet, so I'm holding off for now.

Other people: NARS is inactive (hypothetical inactivity vig?), no read on Beethoven or Reinbach, feeling better about IT than I was yesterday.

Also, can we discuss the lack of a kill last night? Do we learn anything from that? Is there some sort of strategy that comes out with a N1 no-kill?

Hey McSnootyTalk Junior-Junior, please talk normally, It makes it harder to understand what you're saying.

This is how I normally speak. Believe me, I am trying my hardest to make things understandable for the likes of you.

Regardless, I promised my lynch priority two posts ago, and am here to deliver.

Dragonite > Fluffy Platypus > New Age Retro Scum > Hot Wheels > Everyone Else

Most of the reasons of why Dragonite has been bothering me have already been said, so I'll save you the trouble of having to hear the same case spouted again. However, in addition to all of that, I'm bothered by the fact that his only scumread is Grillmaster, and everyone else is a null read. I don't agree with Fluffy's case on Grillmaster (note that the inverse is also true), but its his/her lynch priority that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. NARS is there simply because his lurking infuriates me, although I find lynching someone specifically for that to be in poor taste (I bet he's Rapier). The most preferable alternative would be for him to get a sub, so that something is coming out of that player slot. Hot Wheels' responses have been fine so far, which is why he's dropped a few rungs on the list. Despite his repeated complaining at my sophisticated word choice, I'm finding Grillmaster's actions of late to be much more pro town than before, which is why he isn't even on the list anymore.

##Vote Dragonite

Do note that this puts him at L-2. I will be rather upset if someone hammers him knowing this.

Also, can we discuss the lack of a kill last night? Do we learn anything from that? Is there some sort of strategy that comes out with a N1 no-kill?

I can only fathom that either it's due to some role related cause (e.g. Doctor, Hooker, Bulletproof Vest, etc.), or scum idled their kill for whatever reason. Honestly, as far as strategy is concerned, I'm just as much in the dark as you are. Only thing I can say for sure is that if the kill was stopped by a BPV, the person in question should claim that; after all, it wouldn't be giving scum any more information than they already have.

##Vote: Grillmaster

His vote today is the epitome of lazy and uninspired scumhunting. "I don't believe the claim" is just about the easiest vote to make in the game, with a simple shrug and "Manix shenanigans" being a simple excuse for being wrong. His logic has been boggling as well, what with:

How many millers in a 9p game with a cop would you consider unreasonable? 3? 4? My point is that if scum saw 2 legit miller claims, they might try to get in on the party and also claim miller. That would definitely reduce the power of the cop.

I don't even know why he's suggesting this, as it is clearly irrelevant to the game at hand.

Then there is the argument that assumes there must be a Cop. In a game that has already shown Town had at least one investigative role (Tracker), where he believes there to be only Miller. It'd be perfectly acceptable if Town had two investigative roles that one's role has had its usefulness limited. But regardless of that, if Hot Wheels is scum by merits of his role, why then is there no attempt to argue Hot Wheels is scum by virtue of his actions as well?

I believe just sitting on the indefensible "lol claim" point is lazy scumhunting because it allows Grillmaster to votepark on Hot Wheels all day, with no change to his argument or opportunity to argue the actual number of millers in the game because only the mod would know.

And I have to go, so I'll leave you with this beriddled mess.

Kind request to Grillmaster: Stop harping on people's posting styles. No one's posting in a way that gets in the way of lucidity. If you find his big words too difficult to understand, grab a dictionary.

it's only advantageous to claim the source of the stopped killed if your bpv got hit, because you know for sure that you're the cause of it, and you're a vanilla now, so mafia don't have too much reason to gun for you (other than to get rid of clears). town could have like a doctor and hooker or something so they can't be 100% sure that they were the ones who blocked the kill and they also become a top priority target for the mafia once they claim. besides, the former probably protected someone who looked townie, and is in no danger of a lynch.

idk I think that if grillmaster were scum he would have dropped the case on me by now. nobody is actually agreeing with him and if he's scum, sticking to his guns about it just makes him look bad. and then if he does manage to actually get me lynched it just looks even worse for him.

so nars has ~12 hours to post before he gets modkilled? fantastic

I was looking at fluffy's reads post near the end of d1 again. I think someone (insane?) already pointed this out but he seems really quick to just put everyone in townread category. but at the same time he has like a bunch of clauses in those townreads, like hot wheels is town if the miller claim holds up, scholteheim is town but hopefully he has more content, dragonite is leaning town but his picking apart the fluffy wagon is weird. also I just realized that he never actually responded to my vote on him. fluffy, what was your reason for voting iketani initially?

I suppose my reads on other people is a bit behind schedule... spilled milk, I'm just gonna have to go for it.

Fluffy Platypus: Your suspicion on Grill is not too logical (not saying that mine isn't).

I'm not voting you for either of those reasons, actually. My reasons for finding you scummy haven't changed from D1. But I'm leaning more towards Hot Wheels being your scumbuddy than anyone, since the only other option is Dragonite, and you just wanted to bus him.

dafuq is this even? You think that Hot wheels is more likely to be grill's scumbuddy than me and yet Grill is bussing me (implying I'm his scumbuddy)? Explanation would be nice thank you. Also, how did Hot Wheels become grill's potential scumbuddy anyway?

I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but your first suspicion on Grillmaster...

Grillmaster: Really only has one concrete read to go off, and I'm not seeing it as an overly viable one. Then he more or less prodvotes Dragonite for essentially the exact same reasons as Dragonite did for prodvoting him - what was, in his mind, a lack of content.

Early Verdict: Probably scum, but I'd like to wait on lynching him until after Iketani's out.

Grillmaster was right to call me out for lack of content. And while he only had one scumread at the point, so do you. I also didn't like how you gave the impression of lining lynches... Haven't payed attention too much of your posts until this time, but it's not looking good.

Beethoven: Can't say much about him. Content is so far so good...

IT: I don't have much comment on this person. I can't justify my lack of reads and I won't try to.

'Something' Rein III: He certainly has a... noble air around him... Not much I can comment on.
Hot Wheels: 2 millers is weird, but I don't think it's worth getting all suspicious about rolespec. Arguments are reasonable and not much to pick on.

The Grillmaster: And here is where I put the bottom line, I don't really have another case on him and I'm going to stop pretending like I still had one. Holding the miller vote on Hot Wheels is weird but I guess that's about it.

##Unvote ##Vote:Fluffy Platypus

##Vote: Grillmaster

His vote today is the epitome of lazy and uninspired scumhunting. "I don't believe the claim" is just about the easiest vote to make in the game, with a simple shrug and "Manix shenanigans" being a simple excuse for being wrong. His logic has been boggling as well, what with:

I don't even know why he's suggesting this, as it is clearly irrelevant to the game at hand.

Then there is the argument that assumes there must be a Cop. In a game that has already shown Town had at least one investigative role (Tracker), where he believes there to be only Miller. It'd be perfectly acceptable if Town had two investigative roles that one's role has had its usefulness limited. But regardless of that, if Hot Wheels is scum by merits of his role, why then is there no attempt to argue Hot Wheels is scum by virtue of his actions as well?

[...]

Kind request to Grillmaster: Stop harping on people's posting styles. No one's posting in a way that gets in the way of lucidity. If you find his big words too difficult to understand, grab a dictionary.

So would you also call it "the epitome of lazy and uninspired scumhunting" to start the day voting for confirmed or near-confirmed scum and not move your vote?

I haven't argued Hot Wheels as scum on the basis of actions because his actions haven't been scummy, as I've said before. However, I feel that the unlikelihood of a second miller is large enough to outweigh that.

The logic that you criticize was over a debate with Hot Wheels over whether 2 millers would increase or reduce the power of the cop (i.e. rolespec), although I acknowledge that that logic was not very good, I maintain that 2 millers in a 9p game reduces the power of the cop by a lot. OTOH you bring up a good point that having a tracker and a nerfed cop could make up for this.

Italicized: Hi, I am actively having trouble understanding Reinbach. (And was with you too when you were shoehorning dog jokes into your posts.) I'm sure it's partially due to me reading the thread when absolutely exhausted, but complex sentence structure and using more words than necessary (and more complicated words than necessary) don't help. While I am doing my best, up until his last post I assumed it was intentional and that he could stop. So, fuck off.

##Unvote

##Vote: Fluffy Platypus

Beethoven's point about the relevance of the tracker flip (having another info role) is a good one. I think FP has actually been scummier than Dragonite this phase, so that's where my vote is going.

dragonite what's the point of talking about people if you're just going to say you don't have a real read on them? it's just more empty posting. I also don't like your sudden flip on grillmaster, to go from voting him to sheeping his case on fluffy. and why were you pretending and trying to hold on to the grillmaster case if you knew it was bad?

What nerve. That slacking, no-good predecessor of mine leaving this player slot in such a state. It appears as if I must be the one to bring redemption to this slot.

First, I need to make a claim, for I do not believe there will be any good in keeping my role secret. I am town compulsive tailor. I may not target myself. In order to avoid interfering with the cop's reports (since I do believe that a cop is highly likely to exist, with a flipped miller, a second claimed miller, and my own role), I will cooperate in whatever way I can.

Next, my reads: currently, I feel the worst about the Grillmaster, Fluffy Platypus, and Dragonite. I do not care for either of the Grillmaster's or FP's original votes on Iketani. FP's vote was bad because he was quick to call Iketani's RVS joke vote reasons "not clever and nonsensical," which means that he's "scum trying to be cute and sell their reasoning". The two statements do not correlate. I don't like Grillmaster's jump on Iketani because his original vote looks like he's taking a continuation of an RVS joke out of context and declaring scum intent in it.

Grillmaster seems to be more reactive than anything else in D1, which bothers me. He voted for Iketani, who voted him in RVS, for a reason that I feel is weak and taking words out of context. He called IT's vote on him a "delayed OMGUS", and voted Dragonite who had voted him. The timing of this last vote especially bothers me the most. I also take issue with his stance on Hot Wheels after Iketani's flip. He's not "clear scum" because we have a flipped miller. We don't know what Manix is going to put in this game. (See my claim, for example.) Are HT's actions scummy independent of his miller claim? And if you think two millers reduces the power of a cop significantly in a 9-p game, what about MY role?

Fluffy Platypus's earlier vote on Iketani explained, there's something that bothers me with his putting my predecessor on both "lynch priorities" he gave. People who are lazy slackers will either be modkilled or subbed out, and should be left to the mod to deal with unless even the mod literally can't do anything about it, and only serves to "pad out" your lynch list. Also, surely there has been enough content from other players so that maybe you have something to say on them? Right now, your D2 content is only about Grillmaster. Is there anyone ELSE you suspect (besides Hot Wheels, since the only thing you said about him after Iketani's flip was "believe his claim less because Iketani was miller")? His reactions to Iketani's vote on him in D1 also look bad. I take issue with people who call THEMSELVES "easy mislynches".

Dragonite decides to analyze Fluffy Platypus' wagon in his first real content post. His comment about "not going to put him at L-1 for only one content post" seems to imply that he WOULD have voted FP had the votes not been so close, but then he decides to analyze the votes on FP's wagon. If you think that FP is scum, why are you looking for scum on his wagon? His analysis of HT and Beethoven's votes seem rather lazy, and even says Iketani's vote is reasonable. Apparently, Grillmaster's vote is the only one he actually has issue with. Why? And then in D2 suddenly drops his Grillmaster suspicion and votes FP.

Insane Technique's unexplained jump on Iketani in early D1 and his eventual explanation why (along with vote jumps that seem too hasty) also rubbed me the wrong way. Actually, quite a bit of IT's D1 stuff rubbed me the wrong way, but his N1 stuff does seem better. I'm still not fully convinced, but he's less of a concern to be than the other three.

If you're not mentioned on this list, I have no current problems with you.

Manix, can we get votals? I would be placing my vote down on one of Dragonite or FP, but I am not certain what the votals are and do not care to place a vote without knowing.

Votals:

Dragonite (3): Insane Techniques, Hot Wheels, Schtolteheim Reinbach III

The Grillmaster (2): Fluffy Platypus, Beethoven

Fluffy Platypus (2): Dragonite, The Grillmaster

Not Voting (1): Eiki Shiki

There are 23 hours and 29 minutes left in the phase. With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Look at OP, the game is described as "vanilla", in my head that said "mostly vanilla" (not sure why), but what I assumed it meant was no role shenanigans (and my only information was my role PM, which does not have shenanigans)--miller + tailor claim + miller claim shows that clearly, I was wrong about that. (My reaction to ANOTHER anti-cop claim is basically "screw it, I don't even know anymore")

Eiki Shiki, you should probably target Hot Wheels with your ability as long as both of you are alive.

In your apparent scumread on me, how strongly does my ED1/exit-RVS vote on Iketani factor in? Cause, sure it was a weak vote, but such is RVS. And saying "he voted Dragonite who voted him" as a reason to find me scummy is bad, since basically everyone has agreed that that post of Dragonite's was scummy, so what's your point?

##Unvote

##Vote: Fluffy Platypus

Beethoven's point about the relevance of the tracker flip (having another info role) is a good one. I think FP has actually been scummier than Dragonite this phase, so that's where my vote is going.

Care to explain why? FMPOV, Fluffy has posted several arguments which I find quite disagreeable, but Dregonite's content on a whole has been of lower quality. His recent reads post does little to rectify that issue, as half of it is fluff, and his doubletake on you alongside his vote on FP look rather bad.

Fluffy Platypus's earlier vote on Iketani explained, there's something that bothers me with his putting my predecessor on both "lynch priorities" he gave. People who are lazy slackers will either be modkilled or subbed out, and should be left to the mod to deal with unless even the mod literally can't do anything about it, and only serves to "pad out" your lynch list.

Considering I did this as well, I would like to inquire why you have no issues with me (although, I do admit, it's hard to have issues with one as devilishly handsome as myself) but are bothered by similar behavior with FP.

Dragonite decides to analyze Fluffy Platypus' wagon in his first real content post. His comment about "not going to put him at L-1 for only one content post" seems to imply that he WOULD have voted FP had the votes not been so close, but then he decides to analyze the votes on FP's wagon. If you think that FP is scum, why are you looking for scum on his wagon?

Agreed, it bothers me that Drugonite looks for associative reads on D1 for someone he didn't even bother voting for in the end.

So Eiki currently suspects every single plausible lynch target.

A lot of her suspicions are based on posts from Early Day 1 of all things. I dunno why people still care about me making a vote without explaining it in RVS. It's something for people to react to because it's "weird". Fluffy's vote is similarly meaningless at this stage of the game.

Additionally, all of her non-ED1-related content contains a lot of reportery snippets and questions rather than "X is scum because Y". As an example, we know Dragonite dropped his Grill vote, why is Dragonite scummy for this and why is the new content not worth addressing? Furthermore I can't tell why she thinks Fluffy is the best lynch compared to everybody else and in the end it just looks like she's just trying to leave her options open. Claim doesn't affect my read one way or the other.

##Unvote

##Vote: Eiki Shiki

If nobody wants to join me on this then Dragonite is still my preferred lynch of the day - his reads haven't evolved past lackluster one-liners and his tone about dropping Grill sounds like he just dropped the vote because he was getting grilled (lol) on it. Fluffy is an OK alternative but 2/3 of the people actually on the wagon are ick and probably scummier than Fluffy himself.

it's not really scummy because he's looking for associative reads; it's scummy because it's just padding his post to look good when the only real content in that first post was the paragraph at the beginning on fluffy and then the paragraph at the end on grillmaster. his most recent post is similar; it's some stuff at the beginning about fluffy and then more than half of it is fluffier than the platypus for whom he's voting.

grillmaster's idea on how to use the tailor is probably the best idea.

insane why do you think that eiki shiki would claim tailor if he was town?

insane why do you think that eiki shiki would claim tailor if he was town?

So that you would ask this question.

Keep in mind she doesn't need to be a Mafia Tailor to make the claim, unless the Cop would rather check her role than get an actual result.

basically if the claim was made ED1 I could see it being town, but when we have a flipped Miller Tracker and a second Miller claim it could just as easily be scum claiming something crazy to try and seem townie. Also consider that the original player didn't claim it when there's no positive utility to the role.

Eiki Shiki, you should probably target Hot Wheels with your ability as long as both of you are alive.

Yes, I had that thought as well not long after I had posted.

In your apparent scumread on me, how strongly does my ED1/exit-RVS vote on Iketani factor in? Cause, sure it was a weak vote, but such is RVS. And saying "he voted Dragonite who voted him" as a reason to find me scummy is bad, since basically everyone has agreed that that post of Dragonite's was scummy, so what's your point?

I don't like your exit-RVS vote because it gave me the impression of you trying to force a scum reasoning onto a response that did not feel scummy at all, but all in all my biggest issue with you is your reactivity. Dragonite's post in which he voted you was bad, yes, and I already discussed it. But what really rubbed me the wrong way about your vote on Dragonite was the timing, and your "reactive" votes on Iketani and IT preceding it. Do recall that at that point in the game, it was Dragonite's only real content post, and it did not sit well with me how quick you were to jump onto him immediately and declare his one post to be so much worse than whatever problems you had with IT at first.

However, whatever problems I have with you I find FP and Dragonite to be worse, and I'd rather lynch one of them first today.

Considering I did this as well, I would like to inquire why you have no issues with me (although, I do admit, it's hard to have issues with one as devilishly handsome as myself) but are bothered by similar behavior with FP.

It's because I don't have any issues with the rest of your content and you've been contributing. FP's first content post was voting Iketani for "nonsensical fire metaphors, which makes me feel you're scum trying to act cute". His next content post, with that lynch priority, was two hours before deadline. Plus, it's funny to say you'd be willing to lynch someone despite inactivity because of PoE, when most people's D1 reads are not exactly accurate.

Insane Techniques, I'll get to your posts in a minute because you guys are flooding this thread with replies faster than I can keep up.

the original player didn't do anything at all other than an RVS post, and iketani didn't claim miller, which doesn't have positive utility either.

also checking eiki's role is basically a result on her (though I guess they could just target her and it would be the same effect). eh we'll see I guess.