The War for Our Future - Character Development Thread

MRDRHAWK

[spoiler=Poly and Alicia's Farewell to the Dreamers]

Alicia:*writing a note to Ace* "Ace...I know this may shock you, but I'm heading back to Ferox with Poly to rebuild it. I do wish to stay and end this war, but I've decided that since my home is here now, I'll follow Polydeuces no matter where he goes. Please understand Ace, Poly is under a lot of stress and grief right now from the losses of Breezy and Duck, plus Kat's departure on top of that. I will still invite you, Exalt Chrom, your no doubt adorable daughter Lucina, Gaius and all the friends I have made here to our wedding. I wish you and the Dreamers all the best in ending this war. Love as always, your twin sister, Alicia Taylor, Khaness of Ferox."

*Seals the letter and sets it in Ace's tent*

"There, all done now. I have all my belongings with me. Shall we get going, Poly my love?"

Poly: Of course. *slings his things over his shoulder, breathing a heavy sigh* You know... With all that's gone on lately, I'm surprised I didn't do this sooner. I guess I was waiting for you to be behind me for every step of the journey I was about to embark on. *sighs again* You do know that rebuilding Ferox won't be easy, right? Especially only with the two of us.

Alicia:*smiling*"Rebuilding a country torn apart by war is never easy, especially with two people. The biggest factor in any reconstruction is the efforts of all a country's people, rulers included. *Has a thought* Since we're going home, I ought to stop by Ylisstol to pick up Cynthia....*has another thought* Oh dear...I do believe she doesn't know she'll have a new mother now..."

Poly: Yeah, that would be nice... and don't worry about her. I suspect that she'll be fine, though I suspect there'll be a bit of teasing from her first.

Alicia:*giggles*"Yes, I just remembered that from when we first found her at Border Sands. We'll both go pick up Cynthia together then. I'm sure she missed you quite a bit."

*Takes Poly's hand* "No matter what the road ahead may hold, we'll tackle it together. As a family, we'll pave the way for Ferox to recover. Well then my love, shall we be on our way?"

Poly: *cracks his neck and smiles at Alicia* Of course. One way or another, we'll change the world from our home of Regna Ferox... the three of us together, as a family... our family.

Now then... let's be off. We've got a long way to go, so if we're gonna do this right, we have to go as soon as possible.

*turns his head back towards the Dreamers' camp* Besides... it's not like there's anyone else back there that either of us is really leaving behind. Ace already knows we're leaving from your letter, so... nothing else needs to be said to anybody.

Alicia:*smiling back at Poly*"Yes, we are a long way from home. No one else needs to know about us leaving.(Though Ace may or may not tell them...)"

"There should still be a ship in Valm Harbor we can take back to Ferox. Come, let us go before someone takes notice. It's better this way to slip out unseen."

Poly: Right. No need to cause a ruckus.

Hand in hand, Alicia Taylor and Polydeuces slipped out unseen to catch a boat back to Ferox. Their first stop would be Ylisstol to pick up Poly's daughter Cynthia, then the new family of three would then proceed back to the Feroxi palace and begin reconstruction from there. The couple's wedding would have to wait until the war was over, but in Alicia's mind it would be one heck of a party.

Edited by Ace Tactician

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Worlds End: Part 1/3]

*Whistling*

"...What the hell are you doing!?"

"Enjoying life Alexander. Before I leave this Anna wretched place."

"Brother is happy because he can see Lissa again~"

"Ah THAT'S it! I knew it!"

"Alexander leave father alone."

"Ice I'm JUST poking fun at him. He knows that. You are too serious without Arthur around you know?"

*Watching*"Bloody everything people, spirits whatever we are."

"Your awake finally Leo? From the curse of Twilight?"

"Not my fault that book is cursed. Blame father for its power. *tosses the book to Angel* Its blank now. Useless."

*catches book* "Hmm.."

"Let me see that.*takes book* God damn it...Jxemas!"

"...What?"

"You touching the book broke the curse on it. Its harmless as a flea."

"...Your kidding me right?"

"Haahahaaha....Oh that's funny. Let me see*opens book* Wha. *opens it again* The hell? Its fucking blank!"

*Puts on mask* "Well then. I did a favor then. My Black Wing still is on my back though.."

"T-That it is...Its kind of big actually.."

"FINALLY the shy one speaks. Your uh...Alexhile...Apple...Something with an A..."

"...Alexia?"

"That would be her name."

"It would seem so. When is Light going to send us back already?"

"Let me ask....Light? What's taking you so long?"

"Hang on...Takes awhile to get the Outrealm Gate set up by Magic Rune.."

"And they said it was impossible."

*Staring more deeply into twilight*

"Dear you will ruin your eyes that way..."

"Father, you never showed me this back at home."

"He couldn't find it. That's why."

"Twilight, Alexia was a Dark Magic book that was made in Judgral times. He gave it to Ice and she passed it down to her children. Its sometimes found, sometimes lost. But it comes back to haunt us for eternities.."

"Your implying the people who died to the book. Us. I should've known better. But I couldn't handle the temptation."

"Weak."

"Alexander stop now."

"Make. Me.*laughs*"

"......."

"Please tell me your going to stop right?"

"Speaking of history...."

"You want me to go over my history again? Hm. Ice."

"Hmm? Oh yes. You, Shadowfrost Zenbiniar, was a noble of Grannvale or more accurate, Velthomer. You went to Agustria before everything went to hell and met Raquesis, my mother. You and her had an affair right before war reached the grounds of her country. You left, and when you came back, she had fallen for Finn and left with Sigurd to escape Reptor and Langbalt."

"Continue."

"Afterwards, she came to you right before the big event of the century and came to you with me as a child. You never wanted to see her again and thus after the coldness you gave her, you named me Ice. Then..."

"Please continue."

"You murdered several survivors of the battle of Belhalla. Ayra, Sylvia, and Fury all being some. And then came Tiltyu....Where he nearly killed Sorin and took her and Tinny away from him, leaving Arthur the only known survivor. It was then after 5 years of brutal torture you killed and broke Tiltyu as well, but left a hole in your heart of pity and hate for Julius and Manfroy. So you turned incognito and dawned a name by Xhasow and with it, killed Kempf, and Raydrik. And then were manipulated by Julius once more by your grief and hatred."

"Yes. Correct."

"By then, Sorin had beaten you in Yied and in Grannvale where he met me. And that's where you all know the rest.."

"This is all true?"

"Leo. Elibe. Now."

"Right...Father, was a military officer at age 15 for Bern. He left and a year later, became the Mage General for Etruia. But due to other things, he left the position to Pent, the current Mage General during his time. Afterwards, he found the Black Fang and joined their cause to free themselves from nobles. He along with Brendan and Lloyd Reed, tried to convince Sorin into joining the Black Fang. When he refused, a bunch of other people from it attacked him and he was blamed for it. And for that, taken away Four Fang titleship and was replaced with Jaffar, the Angel of death. As the Dark Winged Angel, he worked harder and harder to regain his titleship. That's when Nergal found him and told him he could be a powerful assassin if he defeated a dragon. But he was used in the end. And saw the Black Fang disappear into the ether."

"Ah yes I remember.."

"Not until he met Karla, he was not able to see the foolishness of his wrong doings. And so, he sided with Eliwood and begun anew on the Sacae plains with Karla....Well until it happened. Which you all know. I touched the book of Twilight, and in turn, went insane with ambition thinking if dragons came back into the world, I would be able to live in a peaceful world.."

"It sums it up pretty nicely."

"Who's going to do Magvel?"

"I guess I have to hmm?"

"Yes."

"I Shadowfrost Zenbiniar, was known as the Black Diamond in the SEVEN stones of Grado. I murdered Sorin's father and brother and kept two tomes, away and locked in the castleof sed place. I didn't do a lot in the war, but I saved the love of my life, Natasha from being caught by Grado's army."

"We know this. Can I go from here?"

"Hmmm... No. Its really about it. Nothing really to say in Magvel."

"Light are you ALMOST done?"

"I just finished, get over here Shadowfrost."

"Well then...Time to go into a sword traveling so I won't get left behind.. Your new body, I say new dryly looks decent."

"Bloody get out of here. Light let us go."

"Indeed...Indeed.."

Green was Shadow

Red was Alexander

Medium Blue was Angel

Purple was Ice

Orange was Leo

Light Blueish was Jxemas

Pink was Alexia

Gold was Light

Parts 2 and three soon ish.

Edited by Zeref

[spoiler=The Worlds End: 2/3]

"If I may Shadowfrost..."

"What do you want?*walking through the Outrealms* Tell me Light. How does one such as you get around to controlling Space and Time?"

"People with the ability to use Rune Magic are able to 500 years later. I'm the so called master of the outrealm and for two years, spend my years here."

"Don't you think its unwise though? If people knew who you were, they would want your power."

"Rune Magic can't be taught to anyone. Nor don't you underestimate anyone either."

"Hmmm.....You mean you don't use actual magic anymore?"

"A good enough magic user can use Rune Magic without loss. HOWEVER, there is one spell, that can't be used without punishment in full. Magic Rune: Death."

"Fair enough. I'm guessing you can use it without loss of energy?"

"Very good...I still want to know one thing though."

"Is it about my so called "death"? Because if so..."

"It was a lie. Degeneration? Lie. Forgiving my sins? Lie. His entire speech? Lie. He just took poison and died. Though the Reincarnation process was sped up due to Light's influence."

"How did Jxemas, Angie and Alex come to be?"

"Just another pair of people who have my blood that have memory loss of my name. Though Jxemas knows who I am now..."

"I see. Very interesting."

"You're a strange man. Very strange."

"Well Light... We're interesting people. Very interesting..."

"This is your stop. Here."

"Ah yes Light. What will you do now?"

"Roam until I find my place in the universe. Forever until I find my life's purpose."

"Sounds boring. Heeeheheh."*walks into the outrealm gate*

"....Goodbye mister Light."*walks away into the Outrealm gate*

"Haha..Tell Rift I said hi will you?"

"You know? Huh. Even people like you have your secrets..."

"All part of my plan...All part of my plan..."*leaves into the gate*

[spoiler=The Einherjar: To Guide The Future]

Marth: All of us gathered here.... This is quite a sight to behold.

Alm: Supposedly, we are from the same day and age. It's odd that our paths never met.

Celica: Well, there were these three pegasi knights that came from a distant land. Perhaps that's where they went?

Marth: Those three.... they don't happen to have the names Palla, Catria and Est?

Celica: So then you DO know them. That explains their origins.

Marth: Yes Celica. They once fought alongside me in battle. Together, they are known as the Whitewinged Order of Macedon, led by the Red Dragon

Knight, Princess Minerva.

Celica: Color me surprised to have three able knights that fought alongside you to aid us.

Alm: *wondering* Come to think of it, there was something odd about one man in particular. He was a rather magnificent knight that served King Rudolf before joining my army.

Celica: Ah, him. I had heard that he washed up on Rigel's shores without any memory of who he was, or where he came from. I believe it was around the year 605. But about a year afterwards, he left for a while before returning a year after. Something about someone named Nyna....

Marth: *Thinking to himself* (That was around the time that General Camus went missing after the battle against Grust. And from their description, just about the time that I had ran into Sirius, who disappeared after the War of heroes. Could he have been.....)

Celica: Is something the matter Marth?

Marth: Hm? No, I was just thinking of something

Celica: Well, we do come from different continents. That is probably why you never acknowledge the existence of Valentia, as we haven't of Archanea.

Ephraim: Fascinating conversation, Marth, but why did you summon us?

Eirika: Brother, don't be so rude! They're having a conversation. You can't simply interrupt them

Roy: I agree with your sister, King Ephraim. Perhaps us four could converse until we are called?

Ephraim: Hmm... All right then. *turns to face Lyn* you’ve been quiet for a while, Lyndis. Is something bothering you?

Lyn: *lost in thought, she shakes her head when she hears her name* Hmm? *turns to face the trio* Oh, just still trying to wrap my head around this whole ordeal. It's certainly not an easy tale to believe

Roy: I know what you mean, but let's face the facts; there are many heroes here from all different sagas. I'm just surprised us two were chosen. I mean, my father was one of the best knights in Pherae!

Eirika: *giggles* you admire your father then?

Roy: Of course. I just hope that one day; I can be as good as a Marquess as he was

Lyn: Oh, you'll be fine! If you're anything like your father was, you'll be a fantastic Marquess!

Ephraim: ...

Eirika: *notices her brother's silence* is something bothering you, Ephraim?

Ephraim: *turns to face her sister* ... I just want this whole thing dealt with. Marth summoned us for a reason, yet he stalls. I'm sure he's a fair and just person, but I can't stand doing nothing!

Eirika: So converse with us. Wait until he's ready brother. You're so impatient...

Ephraim: ... Fine *turns to face the Elibians* so... what are you two famous for?

Lyn: Oh, I helped Roy's father, Eliwood, and his best friend, Hector, fight back a group of assassins. Long story short, we crushed the legion of enemies and slew a dragon

Roy: I did something similar, but it was an army, not a bunch of corrupt assassins. What about you two?

Ephraim: We both fought to combat monsters, the strongest army in our land, and eventually the master of the monsters, the Demon King, who possessed our friend, Lyon

Eirika: Yes... It was really difficult, but thanks to our friends and the sacred stone of Rausten, we trapped the Demon King and saved the world!

Roy: That's such a tragic story. Sorry to hear that... *looks sad, but then perks up again* ... But what is this 'Rausten' place you speak of?

Eirika: Oh, well their Princess at the time, L'Arachel...

Seliph: Sir Ike. I must mention how much you remind me of my father from the tales I was told of him by Oifey as a child and the stories you have told me.

Ike: Wait, Seliph... You say it like you never knew your father.

Seliph: That's... Because I didn't he died when I was an infant. The same with Leif.

Elincia: I see. I'm very sorry for that

Leif: Don't be. I doubt we were the only children to lose our parents. In fact, most of Seliph's forces consisted of orphans.

Ike: Orphans fighting a war? I understand a few but it sounds like it was your whole force. You all are much stronger than I gave you credit for. We all have something in common then.

Elincia: Micaiah? What about you?

Micaiah: I don't actually remember my parents. Mostly because I was being a mother to the Dawn Brigade. Though in a way... You were all parents also.

Leif: ... You mean to our allies right? I can see that. Although I would never had survived to be that if Sir Finn hadn't been so devoted.

Ike: Heh, that's another thing... *trails off*

Alm: Right, well enough of that. *Turns to the Magveli and Elibean* Nice history lesson everyone. To continue with it, I, along with Celica here, united our two warring countries and saved mankind from destruction by our God's influence, by defeating him.

Celica: Yes, and together, formed the Kingdom of Valentia with Alm and I as the rulers. *takes Alm's hand into her own*

Alm: *Slightly flushed* Y-You didn't have to mention THAT.

Marth: *Joining in on their conversation* How very fascinating. All of your stories are truly unimaginable feats and are worthy of the titles that history has bestowed upon you. I am glad to be able to call all of you friends.

Lyn: Titles that history has bestowed upon us? *voice rises slightly* Do you mock me, Marth? After the battle with the Black Fang, I gave Caelin to Ostia and left for the plains, never to be remembered by time

Roy: That's a bit melodramatic, don't you think?

Ephraim: *cuts through the two figures* enough! Lyndis, Marth certainly didn't mean to come across as offensive, I assure you *turns to face Marth* I too feel proud to call you a friend, King of Archanea. Must've been one rough ride to get a title such as that

Eirika: D-Don't forget, brother; you also governed Grado after the War of the Stones. It was tough for all of us, but I couldn't imagine how hard it must've been for you...

Ephraim: Sister...

Roy: Wow, the bonds those two have... It's similar to mine and Wolt's relationship. Maybe even Lilina. They do care for each other

Lyn: *still annoyed by Marth's comment, but pushed it to the side* I remember Wolt from our battle with Magvel and Tellius, but who's Lilina?

Roy: *gives Lyn a puzzled look* ... You know, the daughter of Hector?

Lyn: Oh! *genuinely surprised* ... Say, because Hector and Eliwood were such good friends, were you do also close friends?

Roy: Of course. I remember seeing her for the first time when I was four or five in Castle Ostia

Lyn: Is that so? What's your relationship like then?

Roy: *genuinely confused* Uh, I just said we were close friends...

Lyn: And nothing else?

Roy: With all due respect, Lady Lyndis, I think I know what you're implying, and the very thought shouldn't be in your head

Lyn: *smirks* Oh... You know, it was so much more fun teasing about Eliwood and Ninian behind their backs

Eirika: *turns to face the two Elibeans after conversing with Ephraim* Teasing who now?

Roy: *flushes slightly* I-I wish not to speak about it

Lyn and Eirika: Aww, how cute!

Ephraim: *closes his eyes, sighs and turns to face Marth* ... Where were we?

---------------

Marth: *notices Ike's seclusion* Not one for words are you?

Ike: Not at all. I'd rather not be an irritation since I'm not exactly a n-

Elincia: Sir Ike, I feels as though I know what you are about to say and if you think of us nobles on a different plane than you...

Seliph: That's right. It's not social classes that separate us. It's simply experiences.

Leif: And it seems most of us have gone through some of the same things, just different times.

Micaiah: You've earned the right to stand with us Sir Ike. Everyone here is not so different from yourself.

Ike: I see. I appreciate that.

Seliph: Of course. We are all allies here and it seems we will be together for quite some time.

Leif: Heh, was that dread I heard in your voice?

Seliph: W-What? No, not at all. I feel honored to be in the presence of this many heroes.

Micaiah: I wouldn't call myself a hero... I've done things I'm not proud of...

Elincia: But hasn't everyone?

Celica: *to Micaiah* Regardless of what it is you may have done beforehand, your actions afterwards prove to outweigh any of those things, though your plight was understandable. You shouldn't sell yourself short

Alm: No man or woman is a saint Micaiah. Naturally, you'd want to do what you thought best for your country after regaining control of it. Heck, if I didn't have Celica with me, I would have strayed from the right path long before I was crowned King.

Celica: Alm... *embraces him*

Marth: While I'm glad that we're all getting along here.... *Gets everyone's attention* There's something that I'd like to address, which is why I had gathered all of you here.

Celica: Oh, that's right! My apologies Marth.

Alm: Yes, what is it that warrants our attention?

Marth: I'm certain that you already know what it is that we're up against, along with the stakes, should bad turn to worse. And before meeting all of you, I came to know the current defenders of this world, along with their leader. I can say that they certainly are a rather..... Interesting lot. What do you make of them?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ephraim: "Interesting" indeed. I haven't spoken to any of the other members yet, but from what I've gathered, we have a bunch of different characters here. They seem workable though

Eirika: Similar to the army we used against Grado and the monsters?

Ephraim: Yeah *thinks* There's something about that Dusk fellow though *thinks again* I can't put my finger on it, but he's...

Eirika: Similar to you perhaps?

Ephraim: *turns around in surprise* What? What makes you say that?

Eirika: Well... *thinks about what she's going to say and how to word it* ... From what I've seen of him; he fights for those he holds close to his heart, has an unshakable resolve, is a force to be reckoned with in battle... yet he battles for his beliefs. How is that not you?

Ephraim: Are you calling me stubborn?

Eirika: *giggles* If you weren't, Magvel might have plunged into eternal darkness

Ephraim: ...

Eirika: By the way, brother, have you seen or heard about the one known as Polydeuces?

Ephraim: No?

Eirika: Well, he's one of the rulers of the continent of Ylisse, and he's currently with the Azure Dreamers. Perhaps you should speak to him too? Kings and Khans could share many tales!

Ephraim: *looks disappointed* And what about you? You ARE the Princess of Renais after all...

Eirika: Well yeah, but... how could I help? I'm nowhere near as intelligent as you...

Ephraim: At least you never had Lyon lecturing you about the history of Magvel. Stop cutting yourself short, you're very much an independent woman and, if there does come a time there you need someone to lean on... *smiles* ... Well, what are brothers for?

Eirika: ... *smiles back* Thank you, brother... *giggles* Oh I'm glad Polydeuces didn't hear that

Ephraim: And why's that?

Eirika: He does this thing... I think he calls it... 'shipping'? Whenever a male and a female share a moment, he tries to urge them to get together

Ephraim: *raises an eyebrow* Excuse me? That's so inhumane. What kind of leader does that? ... And besides, we are twins... what a vile thought

Eirika: Yeah... that's the Khan for you

Ephraim: ... *sighs* Conversing with him is going to be one enjoy full experience... *sighs again*

-------------------

Roy: The Dreamers, King Marth? They are certainly... odd... but if they've made it this far, then they must be capable of changing this world for the better

Lyn: I agree, but shouldn't we assist them? Since we've been here, we have done naught to aid in this war!

Roy: Patience, Lyndis. We were summoned for a reason *turns to face Marth* ... Although I am curious as to why you summoned us, King Marth. Is there something you need assistance with?

Marth: *To Roy* And what if I told you that one of their members is a time traveler that came from Elibe? He is the son of Raven.

Roy: The son of Raven? *thinks* ... Oh, you mean Duck? Duck is here!? *is surprised* How is he here though? That makes no sense in the slightest...

Lyn: Perhaps he's... one of us...?

Roy: *shakes head* ... No... I believe that Duck is the real thing... *snaps fingers* Oh, seeing him will be quite pleasant indeed!

Lyn: The son of Raven... Should be interesting if he's anything like his father

Roy: What about Raven?

Lyn: Well he was... *trails off*

------------------------------------------

Alm: The Azure Dreamers huh? A small group if you ask me. But, if they're anything like the Shepherds, then they might have a chance.

Celica: Might? Alm, do you not believe that they can succeed?

Alm: I never said that, but wishing upon a star, or praying to Mila isn't going to solve their problems. I'm sure you remember what happened when our Gods got too involved.

Celica: Well, yes but what does that have to do with them?

Alm: I'm saying that if they are to challenge fate and save to world, they must stop at nothing to achieve it, be strong enough to actually pull it off, and maintain it for peace to last.

Celica: I understand, but...... Aren't you being a little harsh on them? Need I remind you that two wrongs don't make a right?

Alm: And two rights don't prevent the next wrong.

Celica: *taps her feet and pouts* Alm, we've been over this many times already.

Alm: I know, I know. I haven't forgotten Celica, but my point is, until they actually prove to me their will, I am not obligated to believe any such claims.

Celica: *sighs* ..... Hang on, Alm, look. One of them appears to be a warrior of Mila. Her name is Agrona...

Marth: Yes, but she'd very much prefer that you call her Kat.

Alm: Is that so? I had honestly thought that the world forgot about our Gods since our reign. These Dreamers really are something else.

Celica: I would very much like to speak with her, if given the chance. *sighs* Wow, so much of the world has changed since our absence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leif: Seliph, have you heard of a swordsman named Dan?

Seliph: Ah I remember him. They say he had Loptyr sealed within him. Nonetheless he has almost as much skill with a blade as Shanan.

Leif: Really now? That begs for closer inspection if you ask me.

Seliph: Loptyr is no longer sealed in him though.

Leif: And you want to take that chance?

Seliph: Hmm I suppose not.

Leif: I wouldn't say we have to take an aggressive approach.

Seliph: Not at all hopefully. We'll just have to see won't we?

Leif:Then by that token, how would you feel to know that there is one in the Dreamers who has laid claim to Lord Ares' Mystletainn.

Seliph: Ah I've heard of him. The Mage General. Quite an impressive title. Although the fact that he is able to wield it means he is of Lord Ares' blood, or somebody in the House of Hezul.

Leif: Yes. The Dreamers have so many colorful members It's amazing how many of them relate to our story... (I didn't tell Seliph... but to think I'd see on with that blade once more... The Shadowblade... We never would have defeated Raydrik is he hadn't helped when he did. He... never told me his reasons though. He just said he made a promise... I wonder....Xhasow.....)

------------------------

Micaiah: Ike, Elincia, I feel I have something to share.

Ike: Go on then.

Micaiah: In the Dreamers, there is a set of twins, Ace and Alicia. They are related to the Goddesses Ashera and Yune

Elincia: Hmm...

Micaiah: Ace has inherited Yune power of Chaos while Alicia has been given Ashera's power of Order. They are quite formidable due to these gifts.

Ike: Beorc that can control the powers of Goddesses? This is something I must see.

Elincia: ...Even through relation, it's still a spectacle to behold. I wish to speak with them at some point, if only to see their character in person.

Ike: I know we will at some point. I'll make sure of it.

--------------------------------

Marth: I know, quite the army this is, isn't it? As for their leader....... well, this will surprise a lot of you actually. He is a man who can harness both light and darkness, named Sorin. I trust you've heard the name before?

Alm: Sorin? Sorry, but that name doesn't ring a bell. Celica?

Celica: I'm afraid not.

Eirika: *turns to Marth, genuinely surprised* S-Sorin? Sorin's here? But he's...

Ephraim: *looks at Eirika* Sorin? Isn't he the one who saved Tana and assisted you in your quest throughout Carcino and Jehanna?

Eirika: Yes, he did. I believe the two married, but I'm not quite sure on that

Ephraim: Is that so? He helped out on our siege against everything Grado and the monsters had claimed, and was a good friend of ours, so to see him here is... well, it's quite hard to believe

Eirika: Yet he's here... oh, catching up with him will be such a delight for the both of us

Ephraim: Indeed

--------

Roy: Sorin's here as well, Marth? First Duck, and now him. Imagine if Marcus or Lance showed up now as well

Lyndis: *looks at Roy* Sorin fought in your army too? Strange. He fought under Eliwood's rule against the Black Fang. Was an ex-soldier from Bern's military. Didn't he marry Priscilla?

Roy: *looks confused* Err, no? He married Fir, daughter of Bartre and Karla

Lyndis: *also looks confused* Could've sworn he married Priscilla... How odd. Must've been a popular man with the ladies

Roy: That's hardly appropriate, Lady Lyndis...

Lyndis: Oh, I'm only joking! *smirks*

Roy: Right...

-------------

Seliph: ...Sir Sorin? He's here?

Leif: You remember him?

Seliph: He fought alongside my father until his demise and disappeared afterwards. Once we began the liberation, he returned to help. How could I forget him? He helped Finn save your life also if I recall.

Leif: He did... He said he was doing this for our parents. He told me he wanted for us to live the happy full lives our parents had envisioned for us.

Seliph: It makes sense considering he was the father of Arthur and Tinny. He never spoke of our parents often. And when he did, somebody would always bring up his wife Tiltyu. The conversation would promptly end afterwards...

Leif: ... That doesn't explain what he's doing here. It will be nice to see him though.

Seliph: *nods slightly in agreement* Quite.

--------------------

Ike: Sorin? Here? That brings back memories.

Elincia: *closes her eyes as a small smile graced her lips* You have that look in your eye Sir Ike.

Ike: *chuckles* I'm not surprised. Sorin was someone I could truly call my friend. Considering what he lived through most his life, he was trustworthy. When I couldn't protect somebody, he would in my place. Even despite his extreme bias to protecting Mia. I'm glad they had each other.

Micaiah: ... (I don't know him personally but...)

Elincia: You mean his past of abu-...I remember the promise we made. He said that if you all defeated Ashnard for me, I'd have to do what I can to protect the children of Crimea who do not have a voice.

Ike: He never mentioned that one. He was always helping somebody so it doesn't seem too far off for him though. *looks at Michiah* That's right. The two of you never met on the same side.

Micaiah: No but you both seem to hold him in high regard.

Ike & Elincia: We do.

Elincia: But... what is he doing here? Or rather, how is he here?

Ike: No doubt assisting the Dreamers but... Hmm... I suppose we'll just have to find out from him directly.

Elincia: Yes.

Alm: Now wait just a minute here. How is it that you all know the same person, when we all come from different eras AND continents? This doesn't add up. No mortal could ever pull off such a thing.

Celica: Tis quite the phenomenon, indeed

Marth: His story is an interesting one indeed. Perhaps you should ask him yourself. But anyways, the Dreamers. They have indeed come a long way in ensuring the future. However their time has grown shorter and shorter to pull it off, and the threat still lives. If we don't come up with a solution soon, those that aren't from this Outrealm will become trapped here.

Alm: Yes, we are aware of that. But what can we do about that? We have no leads right now.

Hubba: *Appears out of nowhere* I believe that's where I come in.

Celica: Hubba? What brings you here? And can you really help them?

Hubba: Indeed I can. However, to create a way to traverse the realms on a scale as great as this, it requires them to achieve something that none have ever done, save for the Shepherds.

Marth: You don't mean....

Hubba: That is right. For them to return home on time, they must best the world's greatest heroes. Said people being all of you.

Alm: Well well well. Looks like we'll be testing them after all. And if they don't succeed?

Celica: Alm, don't say that!

Alm: Like I said before, if they are to prove their worth, we cannot go easy on them. And until they best me, I am not obligated to have faith in them.

Celica: *sighs* You do have a point there.

Eirika: Fight the Dreamers?

Ephraim: Yes, Eirika. Fighting at full force, hoping to be bested? Sounds like a fool's errand indeed

Lyndis: Not really, but I think I see where you're coming from. Either way, we cannot go easy on them

Roy: So it's a test of worth... what if they lost though? What happens if we win then? The Shepherds of this realm are mostly deceased, if I'm recalling correctly. If the Azure Dreamers can't handle the reins of the steed, how do they expect to achieve the prize?

Ephraim: *turns to Roy* Well that's what this is, isn't it? It's to see if, as you said, they deserve the prize; their dream. At this rate though...

Eirika: ... You don't need to say it if you don't think you can muster the strength to say those words, brother. There's merit to what you say though; dreams that aren't or can't be fulfilled are nothing but distractions. A fantasy world, perhaps

Lyndis: Quite. *scans the surrounding area and faces* If they can't defeat us though, then I guess we're going to have to be the ones to turn this nightmare into a reality

Roy: *rolls eyes* All this dream talk... as much as I find it amusing, I think I'm getting a little tired of it

Ephraim: ... *sighs and closes his eyes, rubbing his right eyebrow with his fingers* ... I'm not too sure how to respond to that... *turns to Alm, Marth and Hubba* What do you think about that? If they fail, are we suitable warriors?

Marth: You'd underestimate them then? After fighting alongside them, I'd say that they're pretty capable and can handle their selves. Believe me, they are no pushovers, if they can withstand Risen form Shepherds, along with some of our own past enemies.

Alm: Is that so? Well then, this shall be interesting, indeed

Celica: *smirks* Almost like the time you were defeated by the Shepherds?

Alm: Hey! They just got lucky is all.

Celica: *Giggles*

Marth: This is also a chance of a lifetime to go against all of us. Are we to deny them that glory? What say you?

Roy: Of course not. We're nothing but withered legends. The people can't rely on fables, especially when they have no relation this world. I never doubted them for a second, King Marth. I believe in them, but I'm just considering all possibilities here

Lyndis: I agree. They deserve as much chance as me and my friends were given during our tale. I remember Eliwood and Hector going through similar trials themselves, and they emerged victorious. If a loud, clanking inconsiderate idiot can hurdle over such a mountain, why can't these Dreamers?

Eirika: They will. They are the new heroes of this world, just like us before them

Ephraim: Quite so! We're all ready to do what's necessary, Marth. Just don't stall this out any longer than need be

Ike: Sir Ephraim's right. Standing here and talking about it will get us nowhere. Let's get this started shall we?

Elincia: Nothing is impossible. If we put everything together, we have seen it all happen.

Micaiah: We believe in them. They are the future and it's time we let them know that. We cannot simply guide them the whole time.

Seliph: *nods in agreement* When my father died, his dream and life were simply past onto me. He gave me his courage, his fighting spirit. Our parent's spirits dwell inside all of us. Now we must be a parent to the new generation and show them they can make their own path.

Leif: So we're all in agreement here Marth.

Marth: Alm?

Alm: You already know my answer to that, Marth.

Marth: And Celica?

Celica: I second everything that has been said. Yes.

Marth: Very well then. *Turns around* Hubba!

Hubba: So then your minds are all made up?

Marth: Yes. The Azure Dreamers' time has come. Without further delay, let us prepare for the oncoming trial.

Hubba: *nods*

Credits to DodgeDusk for Elibe/Magvel era and Sorin for Jugdral/Tellius

Edited by Hero-King