Which GBA Myrmidon/Swordmaster is your favorite?

Fire Emblem Fan

Which GBA Myrmidon/Swordmaster is your favorite?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBA Myrmidon/Swordmaster is your favorite?

• Rutger
    • Fir
    • Guy
    • Karel
    • Karla
    • Joshua
    • Marisa

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joshua is amazing. He has nice hat, isnt a brooder, good looks, and awesome stats. Except luck. He has terrible luck. Oh well, nothing a booster cant fix...

Rutger is cool cuz he helped carry my FE6 run with Dieck.

Yeah, I think that's why joshua isn't so good as a gambler as he is as a fighter hehe

Nevertheless he's my favorite too

Now I think I'll play FE6 again, so I can remember Rutger and FIr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a lot of swordmasters (rutger, karel, joshua) have really tired LOOK HOW BADASS I AM personality. it loses value if it's done over and over again.

i voted marisa because i find her awkward personality to be endearing and because she has been pretty good to fantastic every time i've used her.

That's dumb because 1) Joshua isn't even doing the badass thing seriously, he's more like Levin than anything else 2) Neither is Karel really, KILL EVERYTHING does not fall under standard definitions of badassery 3) The swordmaster who just wants to be the best they can ever be at handling swords and are generally awkward elsewhere has been done more in FE. A lot more.

Why I like Jossua as much as the newt one, I gave my vote to Guy.

As a unit, he's the best Swordmaster of his game (Though Lyn wmay be a better unit overall).

His personality is pretty good either. He's trying to be the best, but he's clearly young and inexperienced.

But the main reason is his unique animation.

Marissa is a pretty aweome assassin and the most serious choice for the Class in FE8, and it fits her personality better. Still a pretty good unit.

Marisa is literally Joshua but worse and she joins like 6 chapters later. She's like Fir without any of the upsides of Fir. Namely being a Swordmaster in a game where Swordmasters are the best. What a chump.

• 2 weeks later...

Karla, because there's something about those stoic sword-wielders that gets me, and, for whatever reason, I actually enjoy her nihilistic personality, when I usually hate that kind of character. Plus, she's freakin' sexy.

• 2 weeks later...

Marisa is literally Joshua but worse and she joins like 6 chapters later. She's like Fir without any of the upsides of Fir. Namely being a Swordmaster in a game where Swordmasters are the best. What a chump.

Give up.

Maris is best unit because tits bias.

Joshua is best unit because hat.

Your argument is invalid. Of course tits and hat are better than stats, or huge crit chance. /sarcasm

I actually really like Guy. What sells him over Joshua for me is his supports with Karel. I just find his determination in that support to be pretty admirable. I don't like pre-promotes too much, and he is the only one you can raise straight from Myrmidon in his respective game, unlike Joshua and Marisa in FE8, so I make more of an effort to make him a deadly force.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it's Fir>Joshua>Guy>Marisa>Karel=Karla. My only play through of FE6 is ironman, and Rutger got killed on Ch 7, so I can't really fit him in on the scale. Never really used Karel or Karla because pre promote, and never really bothered with Marisa either, since I already had Joshua as an awesome myrmidon. Guy gets third, because I've actually used him, although he isn't quite as awesome as 1 and 2. Joshua is just a crazy good unit, good stats across the board. Finally, Fir… for me, Fir has been a god. She regularly scored 4, 5, and 6 stat level ups, has been my major bosskiller and panic button (now that Marcus and Jerrot are past their expiration dates), and was my first character to promote. I am glad I let her kill pretty much every last pirate reinforcement on Ch. 10.

• 2 months later...

I'll always be a Marisa boy at heart. I recently used Joshua on my latest playthrough of Sacred Stones and it just wasn't the same as my murderous queen. Plus her supports with the other members of the mercenary troupe are the best!