Parallel Falchion

Original Alear

I wanna say that someone in the game mentioned that, in spite of at least one of the gemstones being destroyed, Lucina was able to undergo a partial Awakening.

I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere in the game too, but it's also mentioned in the scanlation thingamabob (http://serenesforest.net/gallery/fe13comic.html). Specifically, Lucina's Tale P. 1.

I think it either flashed because of Chrom's being there or that's what Lucina says and thinks anyway. It might be that it detected the future Grima was there or something? Kinda odd that they never xplained that one. Though the OP's question was definitely answered by Lucina at some point in the game that I don't remember which it is, but I remember reading about it during my latest Lunatic playthrough at some point after she joins. Maybe Chapeter 14?

How would a partial Awakening work? The ritual simply kills the candidate if they don't prevail.

Chrom: It seems that whoever attempts the rite must brave Naga's fire. If both body and spirit survive the agony, they are blessed with the dragon's power. Otherwise, the candidate...dies.

Edited by BrightBow

How would a partial Awakening work? The ritual simply kills the candidate if they don't prevail.

Chrom: It seems that whoever attempts the rite must brave Naga's fire. If both body and spirit survive the agony, they are blessed with the dragon's power. Otherwise, the candidate...dies.

By Naga not being able to be summoned fully. It's not that Lucina wasn't a compatible candidate [FP3 demonstrates she IS] is that Naga's power remained sealed.

[Come to think of it... wouldn't breaking the gems of the FE after sealing Grima away... prevent Grima from ever getting another chance? Wait... Laurent was on to something...]

Edited by Airship Canon

By Naga not being able to be summoned fully. It's not that Lucina wasn't a compatible candidate [FP3 demonstrates she IS] is that Naga's power remained sealed.

[Come to think of it... wouldn't breaking the gems of the FE after sealing Grima away... prevent Grima from ever getting another chance? Wait... Laurent was on to something...]

Is it explained why it didn't work? Because Lucina did not have all the gems? Or if she didn't have any, how could she have summonsed Naga at all?

Anyway, Naga's power would have been needed to allow time travel in the first place.

Edited by BrightBow

Is it explained why it didn't work? Because Lucina did not have all the gems? Or if she didn't have any, how could she have summonsed Naga at all?

Anyway, Naga's power would have been needed to allow time travel in the first place.

One of the gems was destroyed, so Naga could only partially be called upon.

Pretty sure the gems can't be destroyed. From what Lucina stated in FP3 from witnessing her other self, it was stated that the gem was just lost. Then again, the Starsphere shattered after the creation of Starlight in Marth's time, so I might be shooting myself in the foot.

I still find the partial Awakening to be possible. The Falchion's power was sealed after all, and she may have just unlocked some of it, which is why her's isn't the Exalted Falchion. Why its known as Parallel..... Can't really answer that one

Thanks for all that information.

Btw, was as all of this explained in the FP DLC? Or where else is it explained?

I think it was in the FP DLC it was stated something about one of the gemstones being lost forever for… some reason. But just the FP DLC, since the children were comparing it to their own timeline.

This might be a bit of an odd question, but has anyone seen anything in the game or out of it that explains why Lucina's Falchion is significantly more powerful than Chrom's "non-exalted" Falchion?

While the others have described the offical reason, I like the DBZ explaination. How the Androids are stronger in one timeline, this Falchion just happens to be better crafted in this one.

It's silly headcanon but I love my DBZ damn it.

So, are we saying that Lucina did a sort of half-ritual and got a bit of Naga's power? I suppose that kind of explains it, but I still think that that means she failed the ritual. I mean, she didn't have all the gemstones and that can't be a good thing. Hmmmmm..... I'm just not sure. :lol: