gay thread

Esme

It is not sinful and heathonous (is that a word?) and blasphemous. The reason the Bible gives for it is simply that it is an abomination, which is a tautology. It is wrong because the deity said it was. In the religion I assume you are referencing, there is no need for further reasoning for God's word.

Edited by Makaze

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I figured but c'mon, they have to give SOME reason. I read the bible and asked clergymen and the best I could gather was that gay sex defeats god's purpose of sex which is procreation but there has to be more as clergymen believe in the unitive property of sex, being that sex brings the participants close together on a spiritual level, so then gay sex does the same thing which defeats their argument

That explanation is not in the good book but for the sake of argument, still falls short of a few other questions. Is one obligated to have sex? Is one obligated to have sex only at a childbearing age? Is one allowed to masturbate? Is one allowed to have anal and/or oral sex?

Spirituality need not come into it.

Edited by Makaze

Like nearly all rules in the religion, it is a 'just because' rule. There is a reason, but it doesn't have to do with reason. My first post on the subject has my take on it.

Edited by Makaze

They didn't have nearly tge knowledge we have about STDs, keeping monogamy and only heterosexual relations (which are needed for reproduction), they wouldn't spread as much as if everyone had sex with whoever the fuck they wanted whenever the fuck they wanted.

i follow this rule!! i love most other people as much as i love myself. but ohhhh it's only wrong when I do it!!

Actually, as far as I know, this is a misinterpretation of what the phrase means, the meaning would be something like this: "You should love your neighbor. Also, you should love yourself."

The question at hand is "why is homosexuality seen as a sin that is to say why is it sinful?

Because people can't read the bible, so they follow whatever the fuck someone says to them, which might not always be good.

Now let's stop this shit and go back to gayness and rainbows and shit, because discussing pointless things that will lead nowhere is for us boring straight people, have some fucking fun.

Edited by Tonton

I see some religion and gays shit

the boy I've been in love with for a while has ultra religious parents who are so insane they voted for Rick Santorum

and they're so oppressive and controlling that he can't even add me on facebook because I'm a homoqueer

needless to say his parents have been a major obstacle for us to even just be friends

Edited by Inui

Actually, as far as I know, this is a misinterpretation of what the phrase means, the meaning would be something like this: "You should love your neighbor. Also, you should love yourself."

Now let's stop this shit and go back to gayness and rainbows

how do you know i'm the one with the wrong interpretation??

wait i'm an atheist i only ever use the bible for smacking enemies in castlevania sotn

how are rainbows gay

kanye always makes a good thread good

EDIT: ey yo don't be dissin JESUS and his followers I will smite your asses

Edited by Esme

fuck all y'all I wasn't here for this and I'm gonna answer it anyways

So is there a reason or is it a "just cause" rule?

Both. The vastest majority of Christians aren't well-acquainted with the Bible. My mother goes to church often, yet did not know of Joshua's slaughter of the Canaanites. I can't blame most of them because the book is very boring and more of a picture of its time and religious society than a cogent series of stories.

The Old Testament which is historically preached as the precedent for homosexaul distaste is actually somewhat dim on direct references to it, outside of the famous passage --which as some have pointed out is specious itself. There are some that can be taken either way, though, and as you read through it the vibe you're given is that homosexuality is associated with debauchery, which is itself despised because Israelite society was founded heavily on contracts and order.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

it's cute when you act smart Esau

when are you gonna play games with me on Steam

x:<

Also I dunno. I don't really play multiplayer games that often outside of League. I'm trying to get one of my friends to play some Civ V, though.

^nigga you gay

^^soooooo there isn't a reason, it's bad because God says so or Leviticus rather

Well, yes and no. The easy answer is that no, there is no reason and it's just something that's gotten out of control over centuries. The real reason is more "kind of...", and has to do with gradual societal association of homosexuals with impurity through any number of events. Sodom and Gamorrah are often related as being purely homosexual because of their desire to rape the angel visitors, but that's not so. They were simply incredibly sinful with regard to their indulgences. It probably came to be despised simply because of that association.

We gave you the reasons people think anything is a sin, including those for believing homosexuality is sinful. They aren't good reasons but that is what people choose to shield themselves with. Unfortunately even the crappiest armour is adequate in great droves.