√ⁿ² Day 6: Why do people like: [Say'ri]?

Elieson

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second coming of Azel, yes yes yes. Pair him with Maribelle for a total Azel/Aideen throwback.

That right there made me go "OMG" when I first made the connection.

[Then the realization that Brady doesn't give a damn about anything gameplay wise made me realize that pairing's solid since it gives Brady what he needs: More Magic.]

Ricken's no Yosuke, more like Ken. And I never liked Ken so he definitely irritates me as a character.

ehhhhhhhhhh

-Same English VA

-Same element of choice (Wind)

-Become well-balanced later in the game (Yosuke once he starts getting better healing & phys skills, Ricken with reclassing to pick up skills like Luna)

People don't like Ricken

Well, he starts with elwind in a chapter full of wyverns. That's a reason to like him, I guess.

Or this:

http://i.imgur.com/hwKSqKJ.jpg

This. Anyway I think Ricken's adorable and he actually has flaws (everyone thinks he's a child and he's underestimated a lot). He's actually a good unit, in my game at least and he has the whole Cavalier line. I don't think he's as annoying as people typically think he is.

People like Ricken?

I usually use Miriel instead since she's faster although she can't take a hit. Last time I used Ricken, however, he dodged two 66% wyvern attacks for me, ensuring my victory!

Edited by Malebolganone

I adore my little shota husband. He's cute and childish, a tad immature no doubt, but he is also sincere and a determined hard worker. In a game with limitless grinding, I dont care about how badly and shakily he starts out; any Sage with Luna is fantastic.

PS: Japanese Licht is far cuter than English Ricken. That is all.

I'd like to make Ricken into a Dark Knight but from what I've seen the horse model scales with his body, so he looks like he's riding a pony. Not cool. :(

BTW does Luna affect Res too? Didn't know that.

I like Ricken because he is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal (yeah that's my reason) who also voices Luke/Asch in Tales Of The Abyss <3

Also I like Lon'qu cause he is a badass and awesome and has a sexy voice who also voices Gaius in Xillia!

Edited by Shelie

I'd like to make Ricken into a Dark Knight but from what I've seen the horse model scales with his body, so he looks like he's riding a pony. Not cool. :(

I use him as a dark knight, and I think the pony is actually rather adorable. Its the same when he's in the cavalier line as well.

And then when I reclass Nowi and Nah onto horses, they're the cute little midget family who ride ponies. :3

This is a bad thing? IMO, Ricken's death pony is the only thing that justifies classing him to DK.

I actually like him as a Dark Knight as his final class and I thought it was unique since he gets a smaller horse than everyone else and it's kind of adorable

Luna affects def and res.

I never cared much about Ricken, anyway. It's nice that he comes with Elwind in a chapter with Wyverns, and that it's still useful in the chapters to come, but overall I prefer either Miriel, who comes sooner, or Tactician!MU to do the job (I hardly ever reclass, because it makes the game far too easy imo). Their stats also surpass Ricken's by the time he joins.

The only good thing about him that I can see is that he's male (I think this game lacks male characters, which limits how many future children you can recruit) and that he passes Luna.

Took my time on this because Ricken got some excellent discussion.

Onward, to the next person, who's RNG broke the trend of Gen1->Gen2->Gen1->Gen2->

Day 6

Say'ri

Generic Samurai Traditionalist, with actual story involvement. Her support pool makes me hate her but she's not a bad unit statistically in a mildly-efficient setting. Can fly and has Vantage, so it's a neat combination of skills and decent stats via modifiers. I just don't like her overly-defeatist attitude and limitted support pool, so it's always Bench-town for her.

Plus, I'm afraid that if she dies, then killing Yen'fay will have weird dialogue.

Edited by The Protown SK

Not much to say on her, except she's wasted potential for only having a part in Valm saga, only having two supports, not having a child other than Morgan, and being a prepromote Swordmaster that, while being admittedly one of my favorite classes, just doesn't see as much use since I have Lon'qu and Owain. I like her personality well enough, bland as it is; just wish she had a child at least.....

myahhhhhhhhhhh.

I don't like Say'ri. At all.

-Plays too much off obvious Samurai stereotypes

-Voice bugs the SHIT out of me

-Non-existent support pool (how awesome would it be if she could actually marry certain people?)

-Limited character development to get her out of the previously mentioned stereotypes

-Not overly useful as a unit

Shrugs. I like her (then again, I like pretty much everyone). Japanese blade princess? Hell yeah. There's not much else to say other than that I'm disappointed that Lon'qu and Yen'fay can't support with her (or anyone else) especially because she played a pretty important role during the Valm arc.