A Link Between Worlds

Loki Laufeyson

Ohhh, oops. Yeah, I was thinking of going to that one too since it's the closest to where I first enter Lorule, I think?

Not exactly. There's some stuff you have to do first in order to get inside. I'll just put spoilers around this step-by-step guide.

1. Grab the Hookshot from Ravio if you haven't already. You need it to get there. If you can buy it and upgrade it, then go ahead and do so, but it's not necessary.

2. Head south from the Village of Outcasts (Lorule version of Kakariko Village) and you'll find a house. Pay the guy inside, and you'll gain access to the giant bomb flower in his backyard.

3. The bomb flower will follow you when beckoned. Use it to blow up any gigantic rocks you find barring the path as you move EAST toward the Swamp Palace area. Strike it once to ignite the fuse. DO NOT LET ENEMIES TOUCH IT, as they will light the fuse as well.

4. Lead the bomb to the entrance of the Swamp Palace and blow up the large rock in front. Then hookshot across the chasm and you'll have access to the dungeon. Be sure to save at the Weathercock you find outside the dungeon!

And that's all there is to it. If none of what I just said made sense...consult a walkthrough. :U

Edited by Karaszure

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say if you want to do the dungeons from easiest to hardest, do them in this order:

Thieves' Hideout (Lorule version of Kakariko Village)

Swamp Palace (west of House of Gales area)

Skull Woods (Lost Woods)

Turtle Rock (House of Gales area)

Desert Palace (Desert...duh)

Dark Palace (Eastern Palace)

Ice Ruins (Death Mountain)

• 2 weeks later...

...Okay, how in blazes did Turtle Rock and the Ice Ruins switch places since ALttP? xP Weird.

Anyway, sorry for not responding to this sooner, I was busy ordering the guide and waiting for it to get here. Which it did today and I managed to get the Collector's Edition to boot! And it seems to recommend that the Skull Woods be done first, so I'm just going to go with that one. I've gotten a bunch of different responses here and I had decided against doing the Swamp Palace first, so yeah. :P

Oh, and I'm going to do some more exploring before I continue the story. I missed so much stuff and I usually explore a lot, with or without a guide. lol

Edited by Anacybele

*squints menacingly* The whole point is to do the dungeons in any order.

Swamp Palace was the first one i did on my first run. It was glorious too. Its always good to get that one out of the way because of its prize. I usually save Ice Ruins for last cuz that level is Garm's balls. You do have to do Thieves' Town before Desert Palace for a reason that will become clear to you soon.

*squints menacingly* The whole point is to do the dungeons in any order.

Swamp Palace was the first one i did on my first run. It was glorious too. Its always good to get that one out of the way because of its prize. I usually save Ice Ruins for last cuz that level is Garm's balls. You do have to do Thieves' Town before Desert Palace for a reason that will become clear to you soon.

DUH. That's what people have already been saying. But I still needed to figure out which to do first. >_>

I've already decided to go to the Skull Woods. End of story. Also, if clearing the Thieves' Town is required in order to get into the Desert Palace, then I can't exactly do those two any time I want, now can I?

Sorry for the double post, but it turns out I misread my guide. It actually recommends the Thieves' Town dungeon first. The Skull Woods part was just an exploration section. :P

I was looking at it too fast. lol So, change of plans, the Thieves' Town comes first!

DUH. That's what people have already been saying. But I still needed to figure out which to do first. >_>

I've already decided to go to the Skull Woods. End of story. Also, if clearing the Thieves' Town is required in order to get into the Desert Palace, then I can't exactly do those two any time I want, now can I?

Ask for advice and shoot it down. So freaking typical of you. The Thieves' Town before Desert Palace is the only instance where theres slight railroading other than the beginning of the game where you have to do Eastern Palace before everything else. In fact, you can do Desert Palace freaking last if you so wanted, so really, yes you can do em in any order. No one says you have to do Thieves' Town and immediately do Desert Palace afterwards.

Wtf do you even need a guide for this game, omg.

Ask for advice and shoot it down. So freaking typical of you. The Thieves' Town before Desert Palace is the only instance where theres slight railroading other than the beginning of the game where you have to do Eastern Palace before everything else. In fact, you can do Desert Palace freaking last if you so wanted, so really, yes you can do em in any order. No one says you have to do Thieves' Town and immediately do Desert Palace afterwards.

I didn't know you were trying to give me advice, actually. I mean, I had already made a decision, so I wasn't expecting anymore help.

Wtf do you even need a guide for this game, omg.

Are you calling me an idiot/saying I must suck because I want to use a guide? If so, you're completely wrong. I could very well beat the game without it, I just wanted to get a helping hand in deciding which order to do these dungeons in. And see what accessible stuff I missed before entering Lorule. Turns out I missed A LOT, so it was a good thing I decided to pick this pretty book up before continuing.

Also, even if I WASN'T good at this game, there's nothing wrong with looking for some help in solving some of the puzzles or what not.

You liked Skyward Sword, didnt you? *squints playfully* Admit it, you got that guide because you needed your hand held. Part of the reason i kept going back to the game was to find all the stuff. ALL THE STUFF! You'll be utterly astonished at how much stuff is in the game. You'll be even more astonished to find out that that stuff isnt necessarily hidden or even really tricky to get. Its just...there waiting to be collected. Its like a huge reward for just combing the overworld(s) and trying new things. Unlike LoZ, things arent hidden in cryptic areas. Getting the official guide is kinda...cheapening the fun there. Its different than just peeking on GameFAQs to find out how to solve that ball-crushingly sneaky puzzle in the Dark Palace. I peeked at an FAQ to get something i missed on my initial run. (cue me going "omfg how on earth did i even miss this to begin with? erugh.") But using a full color official guide....Its so not necessary and i feel a little sad for you because you dropped 20 big ones on that guide and its going to kill part of the thrill of this game.

Nope. I got the Skyward Sword guide for Christmas alongside the game (Christmas 2011, to clarify). I didn't even use it until near the end when some of the puzzles in the last dungeon stumped me. Why would I have needed it to hold my hand throughout the whole game when Fi practically already does that? xP

I know how much is in this game, because I looked through some of what I missed. There IS a lot, I'm well aware.

Maybe guides "cheapen the fun" for you, but not for me. They've always been worth the money when they get me to stop wanting to pull my hair out at trying to find those last few Heart Pieces or solving a frustrating dungeon puzzle. And they're there if I forget something in a future playthrough too. Sure, they have a typo on occasion, but it never bothers me.

Edited by Anacybele

Unlike LoZ, things arent hidden in cryptic areas. Getting the official guide is kinda...cheapening the fun there. Its different than just peeking on GameFAQs to find out how to solve that ball-crushingly sneaky puzzle in the Dark Palace.

Oh that infamous puzzle! I stumbled onto the solution on my own after much frustration, it was the best feeling ever once I figured it out. They need to do more stuff like that!