A Link Between Worlds

Loki Laufeyson

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the game, I had a blast even though I have never played a Lttp, the game was quite enjoyable it took me about 12 hours though I haven't collected everything in the game yet, the 3D though it was stunning, first 3DS game I actually played with the 3D on, it added so much depth, and the game play was nice, I wasn't to keen on the skull woods dungeon, but that's because those wallmasters freak me out, blame my childhood experience with them for that XD so I ended up doing that dungeon last, All in All I loved the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, and now am very excited for Zelda on the Wii U

Beat the game yesterday and got everything except...

the Super Lamp and Super Net.

Was great fun; really liked the non-linearity, although that did make the game easier as you went along (since you got more hearts and better equipment).

Only thing I can really complain about is that the game was missing a wow-factor; the game was mostly a retread of LTTP, with a bit of Ocarina of Time thrown in.

Also, I'm probably a bit weird, but how the heck does this game fit in the Zelda timeline? I thought it took place after LTTP, but...

why is the Triforce split like in Ocarina? I remember touching the full Triforce at the end of LTTP.

I believe the Oracle games and Link's Awakening also occur before this game, but there's nothing about the Triforce in those games.

Edited by VincentASM

Perhaps the Triforce split anticipating its capture. I finally got all those stupid shell fish, now I just need 6 more heart pieces, the Super Net and whatever that empty slot on my collection screen is.

Edited by Knight

The only time I ever used a guide was to figure out how to get the Master Ore in the Shadow Palace, and I thought it was actually the Big Key in that room. That is the major reason why I hate it, but many of the small things like not being able to see shit and enemies that go invisible make it just all the more worse.

Someone on Zelda Universe told me how to solve that one. Its an ass biter for sure and once you realize what was going on, yer like "OMFG!" So genius in its simplicity....

Beat the game yesterday and got everything except...

the Super Lamp and Super Net.

Was great fun; really liked the non-linearity, although that did make the game easier as you went along (since you got more hearts and better equipment).

Only thing I can really complain about is that the game was missing a wow-factor; the game was mostly a retread of LTTP, with a bit of Ocarina of Time thrown in.

Also, I'm probably a bit weird, but how the heck does this game fit in the Zelda timeline? I thought it took place after LTTP, but...

why is the Triforce split like in Ocarina? I remember touching the full Triforce at the end of LTTP.

I believe the Oracle games and Link's Awakening also occur before this game, but there's nothing about the Triforce in those games.

Dont even ask, brah. Most of us dont even know. The only things im certain on is these:

It takes place many generations (like 8) after ALttP. (or at least its supposed to..)

Its on the Decline Timeline.

The Oracles and LA most likely happened before this game takes place.

Lorule is still a mystery since...

[spoiler=that thing where]

there has been no mention ever at all about a second Triforce ever existing in the series prior to this. While alternate worlds have existed (Twilight Realm, Termina, etc) none of them had a Triforce before. Hence many Zelda theorists scrambling for answers and trying to tie Lorule to other alternate worlds.

Hilda is awesome.

[spoiler=that thing where]

there has been no mention ever at all about a second Triforce ever existing in the series prior to this. While alternate worlds have existed (Twilight Realm, Termina, etc) none of them had a Triforce before. Hence many Zelda theorists scrambling for answers and trying to tie Lorule to other alternate worlds.

Well, the Twilight Realm looked like a mess anyway, all dark and evil. I assume Lorule didn't look dark or evil before the loss of their triforce. Also, Termina was intended as a strange place, a weird parallel universe that may as well have been a figment of Link's imagination.

Ahh, the great things about Zelda, all the fan theories and interpretations.

So I gave this game to my little brother to play after I finished it, He loves Zelda, So I was curious as to why he stopped playing the game in under an hour, I question him and he tells me he is stuck... I was seriously confused how he was stuck, he tells me all the monsters are killing him.... so again I am like how?? They didn't hurt me for that much and he said they take about 2 hearts away every time they hurt him.... then it hit me! He started on Hero mode XD

I told him to restart his game right away on normal haha (His reason for starting hero mode was he didn't know what it was/did and was curious) well he learnt his lesson!

Just beat the game.

Personally, I am not that exited about it. In my opinion, the game has very little that justifies it not being a remake.

Like, they may call it Lorule but it's still the Dark World. Still the same looks, the same enemies, the same music...

Gotta agree with this. It feels like a HeartGold/SoulSilver type remake of LttP. And I love LttP, but call it what it is. The dungeons play different and there are new features, but the world is pretty much exactly the same, dungeons are all in the same places, have the same theme, and are done in the same order, you enter Lorule/dark world at the same time, most of the portals to and from are in the same general places, most of the items are the same (including the ones that were previously Lttp-only) and work the same as they did in LttP...

Ending stuff

I know Zelda games aren't big on story, and I saw the Hilda-is-actually-bad twist from a mile away, but I still thought it was a good twist, particularly for a Zelda game...until she, too, was damseled like it was nothing. Is damsel in distress the only thing Nintendo knows how to do? Save the princess? Nope, you gotta save two princesses! Your own, and the one that was just trying to murder you.

EDIT: Okay wait, I just complained a lot, but I really did like the game. I liked the non-linearity and fast pacing, and although it's not supposed to be a remake, it was pretty cool to basically play an updated LttP.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I beat it yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot. Was wow'd by the simplicity, yet cleverness of most of the puzzles. The game never actually had me stuck anywhere, which is a shame, but it was so enjoyable that I didn't care.

Just beat the game.

Gotta agree with this. It feels like a HeartGold/SoulSilver type remake of LttP. And I love LttP, but call it what it is. The dungeons play different and there are new features, but the world is pretty much exactly the same, dungeons are all in the same places, have the same theme, and are done in the same order, you enter Lorule/dark world at the same time, most of the portals to and from are in the same general places, most of the items are the same (including the ones that were previously Lttp-only) and work the same as they did in LttP...

EDIT: Okay wait, I just complained a lot, but I really did like the game. I liked the non-linearity and fast pacing, and although it's not supposed to be a remake, it was pretty cool to basically play an updated LttP.

I really hate when people call it a remake. It's the same layout, but just like how Final Fantasy X2 uses FFX's background and such, or Majora's Mask uses all the models from OoT. It's a whole new story, and unlike the aforementioned games, they had to recreate the entirety of the backgrounds and models again.

I beat it last night, too. After four days of having it. But eh. I liked it a lot. A lot of the puzzles I really liked. Like the Wallmaster puzzles. Those were pretty clever. It's not my absolute favorite, but it is fun.

Beat the game last night. I loved this game's nonlinear system...it almost felt like a breath of fresh air that the series really needed. Not to mention the music - this game has some of the best music I've ever heard in a 3DS game. I grew a little concerned when I noticed the first three dungeons (Eastern Palace, House of Gales, Tower of Hera) had the same music, but I was amazed when I heard the seven Lorule dungeons had their own theme. That was a lot of fun.

And that ending, oh man.

I expected the twist with Princess Hilda coming for awhile, especially during those sequences where she was talking to Princess Zelda's painting. But I never expected Ravio to be who he was revealed to be at all in the game. That was what probably blew my mind the most. But it makes more sense, seeing as he has all the game's usable items...he probably brought them over from Lorule.

Overall, this game was definitely what the series needed. Hopefully the next Zelda game will be just as good, if not better.

I downloaded this yesterday because I got the Zelda 3DS XL bundle for $150 at Target

I've played for less than an hour so far and I'm still trying to figure out how to get to Osfala -_- I suck at Zelda

The game's plot bomb was not what i was expecting because of the same ol' formula Zelda tends to follow in terms of its characters.

So Hilda being the Chessmaster threw me for a loop and it was awesome! I do see why some people would have a beef with it because many think she should have been the final boss. Not sure i agree with that, but oh well. I love Hilda. Shes my waifu!

The game's plot bomb was not what i was expecting because of the same ol' formula Zelda tends to follow in terms of its characters.

So Hilda being the Chessmaster threw me for a loop and it was awesome! I do see why some people would have a beef with it because many think she should have been the final boss. Not sure i agree with that, but oh well. I love Hilda. Shes my waifu!

I suspected something off with Hilda about halfway through the Lorule dungeons, but I certainly like the twist. I think Ravio left a better impression on me though, and I did not see that twist coming.

I really enjoyed this game, easy or not. The bosses were all really easy but honestly I did get a little stumped in the dungeons aside from the fact that they're all very short. Some were a lot tougher than others, like the Dark Palace and Ice Ruins, but then others were very straightforward like the Thieves' Den and some made me scream out loud on the bus Skull Woods Battles with Shadow Links that you Streetpass are one of the best Streetpass implementations in a game since Animal Crossing. And of course the music is great and being able to tackle the dungeons in any order is another plus. The only bad thing I could say about this game is that it's short.

As for the quest itself, I should have known, the brutal trek towards Rosso's Ore Mine should have tipped me off that maybe the Ice Ruins isn't the wisest first choice of dungeons on my first playthrough. I was searching for that one guy to finish the milk delivery sidequest, and one thing lead to another, and then I was in a dungeon where everything could kill me in 2-3 hits. It was intense, but it was fun.

the brutal trek towards Rosso's Ore Mine

Ugh. UGH!! You know what that almost feels like? It almost feels like trekking to Death Mountain in Adventure of Link only not as hardcore. Its just getting to Rosso's Mine is such a pain in the ass. And goddamn Lynels in your face when you have like four hearts. Bleagh!

I really hate when people call it a remake. It's the same layout, but just like how Final Fantasy X2 uses FFX's background and such, or Majora's Mask uses all the models from OoT. It's a whole new story, and unlike the aforementioned games, they had to recreate the entirety of the backgrounds and models again.

Using the same art assets is not the same as blatantly copying the world. Don't know about FF, but Majora's Mask takes place in an entirely different world from OoT and despite the re-used art and character models actually turned out to be the most unconventional and unique title in the series. Hell, I'm pretty sure even Portal uses the same art assets as Half-Life 2, and no one is calling those the same game.

This is not like those. This is the exact same world, with certain places looking exactly the same but upgraded and no significant new areas because it has the same number of dungeons in the same places with the same themes (even the Pokemon remakes added new areas to the games). The story is technically different but not really by much (partially because it's a traditional Zelda game), and the game plays pretty much exactly the same as far as controls, items, etc., with the wall-moving being the only significant new mechanic. Even Dark World - ahem, Lorule portals are largely in the same places, although we no longer ever have the ability to change the worlds at all.

Same world + same gameplay = not a remake?

Thing is, if they had called this a remake from the beginning, people wouldn't think it weird at all to call it such.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

This game looks quite good, I actually haven't played a newer Zelda since Twlight Princess. Maybe this will be the game to grab my attention again, Skyward Sword looked fun but didn't grab me

i bought the XL bundle for this game. ALttP was my first zelda game and this game is a dream come true. ive only just gotten to the first dungeon but everything is amazing so far. So much nostalgic bliss and i love how they opened up the area west of the castle, linking the blacksmith shop to the castle and sanctuary for easier travel.

getting rupees is crazy. they just throw them at you.

Edited by Hawk King