Fire Emblem: Dante's Journey

kurthnaga

Hello forums! I've been a stalker for a while now checking out different hacks, and I've decided I want to make my own. Of course, I know nothing about coding and I am pretty inept at the whole concept. Story, Art, and Design, however, I can take care of. I am looking to put together a team to make a recreation of Dante's Inferno in Fire Emblem - Each Canto being a new Chapter, and having a few levels set up as puzzles and not really combat.

My lack of ability to code doesn't mean I don't want to learn how to code or do it myself, but I just don't know how and I've had issues finding tutorials that I personally can follow on the internet.

If you are interested in the idea in general or want to help let me know!

Edited by kurthnaga

I suppose there could be things like warp puzzles, rescue chains, and moving characters to specific points while dodging fire traps? I suggest writing out what puzzles you want, and then see whether or not you can pull this off with stuff that exists in Fire Emblem (if you're looking for something like a Zelda puzzle, it might not work as expected).

if you're talking about the game however, there's suddenly more than enough to be fighting. I've been thinking of some ways to do puzzles in GBAFE engines and the only two concepts for puzzles that I can think of at the top of my head revolve around pressure plates and door opening shenanigans(which would require extensive eventing) or moving unit X to location Y under time limit Z.

if you're talking about the game however, there's suddenly more than enough to be fighting. I've been thinking of some ways to do puzzles in GBAFE engines and the only two concepts for puzzles that I can think of at the top of my head revolve around pressure plates and door opening shenanigans(which would require extensive eventing) or moving unit X to location Y under time limit Z.

DoF has stairway mechanics (one-way teleportation, if you will). I have no idea how it's implemented, though.

DoF has stairway mechanics (one-way teleportation, if you will). I have no idea how it's implemented, though.

Sounds like a simple area code like:

AREA 0x00 Teleport [1,1] [1,1]

Teleport:

REPOS [1,1] [12,25]

ENDA

Just as an example

I've been dabbling in just a bit of hacking , over the past few weeks to make a layton styler puzzle map where certain enemies drop X use items, and where certain chests need to be opened on certain turns (more like, at certain points). One thing I haven't tried yet is to make enemies move on a path not related to blue units positioning. Is there a way to handle enemy movement as if making a sentry sort of move pattern?

(Posted this here in case the ideas would make sense for your hack)

Edited by The Protown SK

You could make give them "guard" AI and give them a series of move commands. It's pretty messy but I can't think of another way without assembly hacking.

I may be able to help with this Dante thing depending on what you need