Question concerning manaketes

Xenomic

Hmm....that is quite true. I'd imagine that after so many years of doing what they've done, they'd have other means to reproduce and whatnot.

Also, I dunno...the fact that they have no qualms with mating with a dragon period should seem more awkward than someone that looks like Nowi that is a dragon.

And yes yes, I know that this question is quite awkward, bizarre, and weird, but still think it's a rather interesting question and conversation. ^^;;

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here's another thing that came to mind after discussing it with someone (no, done with the whole birthing method thing. I think it's been discussed enough unless others have opinions on it?): What exactly do manaketes eat? Do they eat things like normal humans do? Or are there specific things that they just outright won't eat? I'm leaning more towards more like what normal humans eat, but a lot more than them (IIRC, Nowi said that manaketes required more food to eat? Or was that Nah? One or the other said that...).

In her supports with Anna in Awakening, Tiki gives us our only lead toward abnormality.

Tiki seriously threatens to eat Anna.

Otherwise, I'd say the diet is similar to humans, at least to some extent. Even if they are 50% human, Ninian and Nils manage to hide their dragon heretage for quite some time. However, no 100% dragon has ever done this, so I'm still a bit iffy.

not quite; her mention by Nergal in the final chapter was mistaken for a quintessence mention, but her earlier mention in chapter 19xx in Hector's story still calls her Aenir... granted, that line was cocked up by the translation too given they mistook the name as referring to a place, but hey, her correct name's in the English script SOMEWHERE

as for the primary topic at hand, i'd theorise thus: while the humanoid manakete form is obviously not their native form, it is a form that they took in a bid to ensure the survival of the dragonkin (in the Archanea canon, anyway), so it seems reasonable that whatever the process of becoming a manakete was, it would've ensured they were capable of breeding in their manakete guises as well as their dragon ones. even if doing the do as humanoids didn't become their primary method of reproduction, the existence of Sophia, Nils, Ninian and Nah - of mixed human and dragon/manakete heritage - suggests that it was at least possible (although in Nah's case, all things considered, the male cast of FE13 would likely have been much more comfortable boinking an outright dragon as opposed to Nowi's loli state...)

it's anyone's guess as to how hypothetical manakete pregnancies are carried over between forms

(did i really just spend a good twenty minutes theorising about fictional pregnant dragons)

Nils and Ninian were presumably born before dragons took human form. ...Let that sink in. (In short, humans can mate with dragons in dragon form.)

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Ok, so here's another thing that came to mind after discussing it with someone (no, done with the whole birthing method thing. I think it's been discussed enough unless others have opinions on it?): What exactly do manaketes eat? Do they eat things like normal humans do? Or are there specific things that they just outright won't eat? I'm leaning more towards more like what normal humans eat, but a lot more than them (IIRC, Nowi said that manaketes required more food to eat? Or was that Nah? One or the other said that...).

About the Manakete's birth, we may talk more about Idoun's case.

There may be more than one way to give birth to them. They may be able to give birth both in human and Dragon's form, which would define which form is the most usual for them.

When you ask what they eat, you could also ask what kind of clothes they work. Since the reasons for Nowi outfit is that she's a Manakete, the question is worth being ask.

And all these questions are part of a larger topic : Dragons and Human Cohabitation. Manakete are, for various reasons (survival, curiosity, spying...), a link between Humans and dragons. They may be different than the original Dragons. That can explain the difference between Archaneia and Elibe. (Depending which one is first, I can try to work a theory). BTW Wyverns and Manaketes may be cousin. I'd say they are similar to humans and monkeys.

At first Dragons ate whatever dragons eat. I imagine it consisted mostly of roasted meat. But Manaketes had to live along with humans, and not being noticed by them. So, they got used to Human Food and started developping a habit for it. I saw them eating mostly spicy stuff, but that may be me being specist.

About the clothes, I'll guess Nowi is less used to humans, and uses her outfit because it's just the most convenient to her, and more complicated clothes will impede her movement. It's just an example of whta they where could told you about them.

And, do we know when Manakete started appearing. Most may think it started developping after Dragons won the war (I know more about the Elibe's story...), but they may have appeared before. For humans to consider Dragons as other intelligent species, and not just merciless beasts, some dragons may have started to take a human form to create contact. That would be a logical action.

Are Manakete denaturing their Dragon's inheritance by living as humans and having childs with them ? Or are they just trying to find a way to leave together with humans ? Are they submitting themelves to their aggressor ? Or is it a way to conserve their strength before they can take revenge ? Or do they really want to live with humans ?

You can draw parallels between Manaketes and other real population (The American Indian or Aborigine come to mind.).

Dragons and Humans have to live together, but there's a price to pay.

I really am sorry if this post offended anyone. That's not my intention.

About the Manakete's birth, we may talk more about Idoun's case.

There may be more than one way to give birth to them. They may be able to give birth both in human and Dragon's form, which would define which form is the most usual for them.

When you ask what they eat, you could also ask what kind of clothes they work. Since the reasons for Nowi outfit is that she's a Manakete, the question is worth being ask.

And all these questions are part of a larger topic : Dragons and Human Cohabitation. Manakete are, for various reasons (survival, curiosity, spying...), a link between Humans and dragons. They may be different than the original Dragons. That can explain the difference between Archaneia and Elibe. (Depending which one is first, I can try to work a theory). BTW Wyverns and Manaketes may be cousin. I'd say they are similar to humans and monkeys.

At first Dragons ate whatever dragons eat. I imagine it consisted mostly of roasted meat. But Manaketes had to live along with humans, and not being noticed by them. So, they got used to Human Food and started developping a habit for it. I saw them eating mostly spicy stuff, but that may be me being specist.

About the clothes, I'll guess Nowi is less used to humans, and uses her outfit because it's just the most convenient to her, and more complicated clothes will impede her movement. It's just an example of whta they where could told you about them.

And, do we know when Manakete started appearing. Most may think it started developping after Dragons won the war (I know more about the Elibe's story...), but they may have appeared before. For humans to consider Dragons as other intelligent species, and not just merciless beasts, some dragons may have started to take a human form to create contact. That would be a logical action.

Are Manakete denaturing their Dragon's inheritance by living as humans and having childs with them ? Or are they just trying to find a way to leave together with humans ? Are they submitting themelves to their aggressor ? Or is it a way to conserve their strength before they can take revenge ? Or do they really want to live with humans ?

You can draw parallels between Manaketes and other real population (The American Indian or Aborigine come to mind.).

Dragons and Humans have to live together, but there's a price to pay.

I really am sorry if this post offended anyone. That's not my intention.

First, Dragons lost the Scouring. If they won, Fae would be human and everybody else would be dragon.

And Jahn states in SoS that the Ending Winter twisted nature, causing them to begin taking Dragon Form.

If Nowi dresses that way because she's not used to humans, then why does Ninian dress the way she does when she is used to dragons?

They are genetically close enough to produce fertile offspring, so that must mean something about how they evolved.

re diet: FE12 actually gives us something in that respect. in his supports with the Avatar, Bantu talks about how he devised a way of pickling vegetables to try and get Tiki to like eating them. to me this implies that manaketes do at least eat vegetables as humans do, and that Tiki is just doing the whole "little kid hates vegetables" standard thing. nothing else is really mentioned in terms of food

Btw, I would like to make the case that the dragons from Akaneia and Elibe aren't compatible with each other.

The dragons in Elibe have to stay human because of the high energy consumption of their dragon form.

The Akaneia dragons have technically no problem staying in dragon from. But they would turn into wild beast, if they stay like that.

So I propose that they should be looked at separately.

.... (De)Evolution? Maybe the manaketes lost their ability to remain into their dragon forms for too long after a long time using dragon stones to suppress it, and being more used to a human form.

I think the Manakete children are (sometimes) handed a dragon stone to be able to unleash their powers, but that's my headcannon.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess that would make sense seeing as they don't stay transformed forever in battles and whatnot (they lasted longer in transformed states in FE3, but even then it eventually ran out). Though that's debatable due to FE13 I suppose with Nowi and Nah...hmmm.

(Also didn't realize that Jugdral and Akaneia are essentially in the same world from what I gather from word of god. Quite interesting I must say...and I only knew this from Holsety/Forseti himself even though it's never explicitly stated in-game.)

I had another question but I forgot it...maybe I'll post again if I remember it. >_<

.... (De)Evolution? Maybe the manaketes lost their ability to remain into their dragon forms for too long after a long time using dragon stones to suppress it, and being more used to a human form.

I think the Manakete children are (sometimes) handed a dragon stone to be able to unleash their powers, but that's my headcannon.

That post missed the fact that the latter is also the characteristic of Akaneia Dragons

For eff sake, thats like the main characteristics that essentially drives the main storyline of FE1