FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the smallest default map size is 20x12. But you'll be able to change the size of the map border, or remove it entirely, or have the size change on a per-map basis, or change partway through a chapter with events /FE9 ch20whatever

It's also possible to change the size of the game window, but then you'd have to edit a lot of the menus and screens to work with a smaller/larger resolution (I imagine it's the kind of thing someone would put together scripts for)

Yeah, the smallest default map size is 20x12. But you'll be able to change the size of the map border, or remove it entirely, or have the size change on a per-map basis, or change partway through a chapter with events /FE9 ch20whatever

It's also possible to change the size of the game window, but then you'd have to edit a lot of the menus and screens to work with a smaller/larger resolution (I imagine it's the kind of thing someone would put together scripts for)

Never played FE9 but it sounds like we're finally going to get a lot more creative control here rather than in hacks.

Going to be awesome to finally see a lot of good ideas be brought forward now that we've got more freedom.

Now, I'm not sure if I've asked this yet or not, but I was wondering about whether there was any implementation or option to add something in the vein of a pre-title opening? Like how FE7 has the little opening story about the Scouring.

Never played FE9 but it sounds like we're finally going to get a lot more creative control here rather than in hacks.

Going to be awesome to finally see a lot of good ideas be brought forward now that we've got more freedom.

Now, I'm not sure if I've asked this yet or not, but I was wondering about whether there was any implementation or option to add something in the vein of a pre-title opening? Like how FE7 has the little opening story about the Scouring.

Yeti already has splash screens implemented for his game. Toss in some sfx, fancy graphics, bam there you go.

Yeti already has splash screens implemented for his game. Toss in some sfx, fancy graphics, bam there you go.

Cool on the splash screens, but are there things we can do like add overlays and stuff? So instead of a single splash screen it'd be multiple layers of images? What about effects like moving images, transparency(also fading in and out), or wave effects like in FE7?

I suppose if need be to get a somewhat wave effect we could do a transparent wave shaped overlay and then scroll it up, idk. I just want to hear about options plz.

You *should* be able to do all of that, if what my limited research on C# (and my general programming knowledge) seems to be turning up. Like most things in FEXNA, it should come down to you just needing to implement it manually. (And, considering that FE7 was probably developed in something similar to or based on C++, it should be doable, I would think...)

You *should* be able to do all of that, if what my limited research on C# (and my general programming knowledge) seems to be turning up. Like most things in FEXNA, it should come down to you just needing to implement it manually. (And, considering that FE7 was probably developed in something similar to or based on C++, it should be doable, I would think...)

Aw man, another thing I'm going to inevitably suck at.

Cheers for the response, glad to know it's doable, hopefully it's not too hard. :c

C# is one of the most popular coding languages currently used in 2014 for indie games. If Yeti doesn't include something, I'm 100% sure another C# coder can.

Edit: Also Nickt, https://www.google.com/search?q=wave+overlay+image+effects+C%23&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

Edited by Klokinator

• 5 weeks later...

I hope it does not take too long before open beta. I really want to enter Ragefest 4

EDIT: Sorry about the pseudo-necro post. I just really want to get into FE hacking

Edited by Mastergabe2000

Just so I can get an idea of how easy/hard this is to use, how long did it take, sice the beginning to v.1.0, to make chaos mode and how long would it take to make an entirelly new hack in FEXNA?

That's a good question. After I calculate the exact amount of time it would take me to port my hack to FEXNA (Because, see, it's not made in FEXNA, it's a romhack) I'll let you know. As for how long it took me to make my hack, 7 months not counting the years of preliminary mental planning.

There will never be an open beta. When we release it, it'll be a full release. There may (In fact likely will be) updates/additions and bugfixes, but for the most part it will be complete.

Again, no ETA on that but as before, we're close.

Close!? Better download and fire up Visual Boy Advance M soon... (Along with an emulation of Rekka No Ken and Sacred Stones)

I don't see what roms have to do with this topic. FEXNA isn't a romhack, a rom, a tool for viewing roms, an emulator, or anything along that sort. It's a custom game engine that allows you to make your own standalone games.

I meant for making a Ragefest entry and more hacks! And I did not know, sorry...

I forget all the time to ask but here I will ask now.

What are parameters for this engine. i.e system requirements.

Plus the files that will be needed to download for using this engine.

I know you could say that Win XP users can't use it but there is prof that we can.

So this can be really valuable info.

Ah and can you list the Videos that shows something about this project?

And way to support your team. Not funding! I don't have money myself but other ways.

NO! I don't want to be beta tester.

Possible release day?

Plus the files that will be needed to download for using this engine.

I know you could say that Win XP users can't use it but there is prof that we can.

So this can be really valuable info.

http://forums.bwdyeti.com/index.php?showtopic=2

Ah and can you list the Videos that shows something about this project?

Just check FEE3 or something.

NO! I don't want to be beta tester.

Possible release day?

There will never be an open beta. When we release it, it'll be a full release. There may (In fact likely will be) updates/additions and bugfixes, but for the most part it will be complete.

Again, no ETA on that but as before, we're close.

Ah~! C# huh? I learned a small bit after I learned Visual Basic. I never learned enough C# to do anything useful, but it's amazing to see a game engine being built on it. But being a Linux man, I think I'll pursue Java instead. Anyway, really excited for this! It looks like it'll simplify making an FE game aside from ROM hacks.

If you're looking for a more exact number for system requirements, let's say the minimum recommended is 2Ghz core 2 duo, 2GB ram (ie. what my old laptop has and everything works well enough when I test on that)

These are too big numbers.

That's it I am going to Work only on FEXP.

2 GB of RAM is something you could upgrade to on a kid's pocket change. I got 8GB of RAM with my computer for just $35, and it's damn well worth it. That was 2 years ago, and the price is only getting lower and lower. Research your computer's motherboard and see if it's possible to do a RAM upgrade, and how much it'd cost.

Look at it this way; for an engine that'll have all the features to play and create with that you've seen Yeti promise thus far, would YOU find it worth the investment? I know I would, were I in your shoes.

Edited by Kysafen