FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The engine was developed primarily for the creator to make his own FE fangame, FE7x: Immortal Sword. I believe his primary focus is development of the game itself and he expands the engine as needed to facilitate that process. That said, a public beta is planned to be released eventually, but don't expect things to move super fast when the game itself has a higher priority than the maker. There's a good chance there will be something out sometime this year... but that could be closer to the end for all we know (or not this year at all, nothing is for sure).

This also isn't a professional product, so it's not exactly yeti's job to develop it. That's another reason the project naturally moves slower than one might expect.

For those who are less patient, do some looking into yeti's old FEXP project that was a set of scripts for RPG Maker XP to try and make a FE game out of it. This project was dropped upon finding XNA to be easier to work with than trying to turn RMXP into something it was never meant to do but still has some of the core foundations in place. It's a good testing ground for balancing units, placement, stats, and map design. You can also practice eventing and making conversation scenes. A lot of these skills will be transferable to FEXNA as stuff like the text format for dialog will be the same.

You shouldn't master a language, you should master programming concepts, then learning languages will be an exercise in getting used to the syntax and compilation process. You should at least be familiar with a few different languages because some are better than others for certain tasks so instead of trying to "learn a language", you should instead try to learn about CS in general; then you can employ and manifest that understanding into programming.

truth

Are there plans to institute a screenshot button?

F12

Oh? I didn't realize that you guys were still working on FE7x. I was looking forward to that so much. I liked all of the crazy young versions of the characters. Wallace with hair was too much. I'm glad it's still a thing.

Oh? I didn't realize that you guys were still working on FE7x. I was looking forward to that so much. I liked all of the crazy young versions of the characters. Wallace with hair was too much. I'm glad it's still a thing.

It's going along slowly but surely. Kind of like how Cave Story's development went, now that I think of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Proof that Intelligent Systems copies Yeti.

Yeti, April 1st, 2014.

7R5Q2.png-7R5NC.png

Intelligent Systems, more than a year later.

1295b89bc8f437030cd89559d96b8efb.png

If this isn't proof that the Illuminati has decided to spare Yeti from the C&D gods, I don't know what is.

Edited by Klokinator

I don't know about the coincidence, but both of Intelligent System's UI of the "Select Diffuculty" still somehow resembles to each other.

Question: Is FEXNA programmed in C#?

Edited by Anecki