The Last Straw

Tabblo

This is it, i'm at the very end of my wits, so much i've joined this forum especially in the hopes of being able to get to the bottom of this.

I've been loving everything about this game so so far, so much so it's risen to the top tier of favourite 3DS games. However i've been stuck for weeks now, i've sunk so many hours into nothingness i'm at the point of giving up. I can't even work out if this is a glitch or not?

I'm at Paralogue 16 (Daughter to Dragons) and it's just unbeatable. The level is tough enough as it is, but all of a sudden in this chapter (hasn't happened prior) my units in this stage are attacking themselves and each-other. I just cannot keep up with the fighting and constant healing of everyone. In some extreme cases a unit will attack and kill themselves in a single hit; and seeing as i'm playing with perma-death without having lost a single unit yet - this is crushing.

It happens at the start of my turn, someone will either attack themselves or a nearby unit. It happens with varying characters and to varying degrees of severity. At first I thought this was just a strange side-effect of the Gloomy Manor and part of the toughness of the level; perhaps a delirium which effects my team. However after trying to find out about this online I can find nothing about it. I've scoured and can find nothing about this mentioned anywhere and have watched guides on youtube and it doesn't seem to be happening there. This is a great pain to me as I never ever read guides for games. My next conclusion was that it was a bug? Again I searched online and can find nothing about this.

Am I going loopy or is this part of that level? If not why are my units destroying themselves like this and why isn't is mentioned anywhere?

I'm at the end of my wits.. what's going on?

Thanks

I have never, ever, heard of this happening.

Am I right in reading this as your units are engaging in combat with other units you control (as though they were inflicted with Berserk, if you've played previous FEs)?

Can you provide screenshots or anything? I don't think they'll help anyone (at least not me) help you solve the problem, but I am very curious to see this.

Just want to make sure I've got everything in order first.

That's the one with Nah? It's all Risen? Are you sure it's unit damage and not terrain damage?(Think chapter 18)

Digital or Physical?

Edited by Randa

I'm not sure as to what exactly is going on, but you're not using auto-battle, are you? Also, you might want to look at enemy Warriors and see if they have 030.png, which sends damage taken back to the attacker if they're adjacent (if the hit kills them, you don't have to worry about that).

Edited by Levant Fortner

I never heard or seen anything like that.

The only chapter where your units are fighting themselves is Paralogue 22.

Could you post your difficulty level and maybe a screenshot of the phenomenon happening?

I'm not sure as to what exactly is going on, but you're not using auto-battle, are you? Also, you might want to look at enemy Warriors and see if they have 030.png, which sends damage taken back to the attacker if they're adjacent (if the hit kills them, you don't have to worry about that).

You know that's probably it.

Facechecking Counter hurts, and the Warriors on Hard/Lunatic on that Chapter have a fairly good chance at having it.

Edited by Airship Canon

I was wondering if it was Counter, but assumed it wasn't since he (assuming OP is male, correct me if I'm wrong) said "each-other".

Also this:

It happens at the start of my turn, someone will either attack themselves or a nearby unit.

makes it sound like it's not a Counter thing.

Actually more information in general would be nice.

Difficulty I guess, etc, screenshots, but mostly video, even if the quality is crappy.

It sound like its either a glitch, an issue action replay codes(which aren't available yet maybe never will be), or a bootleg copy(not very likely). Those are the only possibilities I can think of with the information.

Unless there's an unused Berserk status in the game's coding, I don't think it's very likely that this is a glitch. This sounds more like Counter mishap.

TC, what difficulty were you playing on, and what chapter in the main story are you on?

If you don't abuse Mire, Nah's paralogue is actually one of the hardest child paralogues. There are a ton of promoted enemies that the game likes to drop on you without warning, protecting healers is difficult due to the map design, and it's hard to kill things on player phase because the shifting walls make it hard to set up an ambush. There are also plenty of Warriors that can spawn with Counter.

Looking back, I guess my best recommendation IS to Mire abuse and try to get out of the paralogue asap? You can buy Mire tomes from Gharnef's spotpass team, at least.

Edited by Kat

Sounds like berserk hates not being in awakening.

Any way you could provide a video? (If this isn't counter, because that is the only remote possibility I can think of)

What difficulty? Units are literally attacking each other(as in blue vs blue) and themselves at the start of the turn? Is it in map animation? Does it happen to units with no weapons?

Literally never heard of this, and I don't see how it would be possible unless there is some sort of weird terrain damage issue going on. I'd really like a video of this.

But anyway, just don't bother with the chapter until later, then bring in a bunch of dark mages and spam mire. Nahs paralogue is pretty hard on its own, I can't imagine it if your own units were suicidal XD.

Edited by L95

At least in normal mode the warriors don't have counter, go for range check for mire, and you should be just fine. It's not that hard if you have a pairup with the lead getting a total of 40+ def (plus being able to dish a nice amount of damage)

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the responses, even the tetchy ones ;)

After reading everything here it looks like this Mire might be the culprit. I just had a test game and i'm pretty sure that's causing it. Had never heard of it before this and didn't know this was the effect of it. Looks like there's no cool new glitch on the block, sorry to disappoint. On the bright side my sanity is restored even if I do feel like a bit of a pilchard.

Thanks again.