Guinness World Records Book (with Fire Emblem reference in Pg.148 in 2012 Gamer's Edition)

King Marth 64

I did kinda found an another Fire Emblem reference that I found from a book that I got from the library that was called (Guinness World Records 2012 Gamer's Edition) and I did found that they have one page that they showed the Fire Emblem series in Page 148 and I did saw they showed that Box Artwork of Path of Radiance and they did have a Record of that series as "Longest-Running Strategy RPG series game" in their book and it did showed that they saw 12 games including Fire Emblem 12 (since it showed on that page as "The latest Fire Emblem game was the DS game from July 10th, 2010" , but its kinda strange that they didn't include Awakening since that game was released in April 19th, 2012 in Japan and that game was announced outside of Japan around Late 2012 before they announced they announced that game was going to be in February 4th that I asked the librarian about that the book, she saids that it was released around Late December 2012?

I was kinda post this in General Fire Emblem section, but I wasn't to sure about that and I did added to the Fire Emblem cameos section in the wiki section and I am going to scan that page and uploaded to the SerenesForest.net later to help out.

Edited by King Marth 64

Maybe its based on their time span?

I mean, SRW has like 40 games compared to FE's 13

By time span you mean since the release of the first game? The NA's games would still beat FE, since it's first game got released in 1983 to FE's 1990.

I just realized, the amount of games would be irrelevant here since it's the longest series, not the largest, where surely SRW would win that one... far as I know.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

but its kinda strange that they didn't include Awakening since that game was released in April 19th, 2012 in Japan and that game was announced outside of Japan around Late 2012 before they announced they announced that game was going to be in February 4th that I asked the librarian about that the book, she saids that it was released around Late December 2012?

Guinness World Records Books are released the year before the one it says on the cover, so 2012 released in late 2011 or very early 2012 (similar to Sports game series like FIFA and Madden). That explains why Awakening isn't included.

Huh, I'm pretty sure there are series that are longer than FE. Nobunaga's Ambition comes to mind...

But when was the last entry? Anyways, I've found that the Guiness Book of World Records is riddled with errors in certain sections, I remember seeing a laughable section on dinosaurs in an older edition.

But when was the last entry? Anyways, I've found that the Guiness Book of World Records is riddled with errors in certain sections, I remember seeing a laughable section on dinosaurs in an older edition.

The last? The series is still much alive, with a new game out next week in fact.

By time span you mean since the release of the first game? The NA's games would still beat FE, since it's first game got released in 1983 to FE's 1990.

How international is NA? It might have to do with the fact that Guinness is not Japanese.

How international is NA? It might have to do with the fact that Guinness is not Japanese.

It's true that NA is mostly Japan-only, but... what does it matter? It is about World Records. By that reasoning, FE wouldn't count either since it has only been out of Japan since the 7th game...

following this logic FE shouldn't be there either... It was released in the west for the first time in 2003 with FE7, while FFT, for example, was released in the west much earlier.

following this logic FE shouldn't be there either... It was released in the west for the first time in 2003 with FE7, while FFT, for example, was released in the west much earlier.

Fire Emblem is a known series in the west, Nobunaga's Ambition at the time was not. Seeing as Marth and Roy were in Melee, it seems easy enough for them to figure out that there was more to it than FE7+, but NA still flew under their radar. That's the hypothesis.

Fire Emblem is a known series in the west, Nobunaga's Ambition at the time was not. Seeing as Marth and Roy were in Melee, it seems easy enough for them to figure out that there was more to it than FE7+, but NA still flew under their radar. That's the hypothesis.

Well, that may be true, but when doing something like wanting to chronicle records, you're suppose to do a full investigation. Then again...

I'm pretty sure Guinness doesn't give enough of a damn to actually do research on video games.

...this could be a reason why it may not happen.

Huh, I'm pretty sure there are series that are longer than FE. Nobunaga's Ambition comes to mind...

It's tile based and it's strategy, but the first Nobunaga's Ambition game is like...not an RPG at all.

Cool, Fire Emblem is a record-breaker.

I'm more curious if Awakening broken a million copies sold; it almost definitely has, but official confirmation would be nice.

I kinda wondered what they might show it along with Awakening in the next edition for 2013.

Guinness World Records Books are released the year before the one it says on the cover, so 2012 released in late 2011 or very early 2012 (similar to Sports game series like FIFA and Madden). That explains why Awakening isn't included.

Are you sure about that, I kinda heard that the 2012 Edition was released on Late December 2012?

Speaking of which, did anyone have the other might find any Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition that they can might find any Fire Emblem reference in the other editions besides 2012? I'm getting the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition for 2009, 2011, and 2013 that the Librarian found to place to order and might obtained it in a couple of weeks when they arrive. I kinda wanted to have that added to the Fire Emblem cameo page soon.

Edited by King Marth 64