Did you know?

They usually don't name them here. (Canada)

Maybe some Weather forecast channels would, unofficially.

Environment Canada doesn't name snow storms.

Edited by Naughx

Are you sure you're not thinking of tropical storms?

Ah, no wonder nobody has never heard of it. Naming winter storms is just some silly quirk of the weather channel. The National Weather Service does not recognize them.

Edited by Lanselot

I thought they just named storms that are past a certain magnitude?

Whatever. I live in San Diego, an idyllic Heaven on Earth. It's where Frodo sailed to at the end of LotR, fun fact. It's kinda cold right now, 50 degrees outside, brrr. Better turn up the thermostat and heat up some cocoa.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Whatever. I live in San Diego, an idyllic Heaven on Earth. It's where Frodo sailed to at the end of LotR, fun fact. It's kinda cold right now, 50 degrees outside, brrr. Better turn up the thermostat and heat up some cocoa.

This post reminded me that we may or may not have cocoa left in the house and i should go locate some

Wait, what's that about Frodo? Do you mean the Gray Heavens were filmed in SD...?

Wait, what's that about Frodo? Do you mean the Gray Heavens were filmed in SD...?

I mean that the Undying Lands is San Diego. Because of the median temperature and generally enjoyable climate. That is the joke. Laugh plz. -___-

I mean that the Undying Lands is San Diego. Because of the median temperature and generally enjoyable climate. That is the joke. Laugh plz. -___-

Oooooh, I see...

This post reminded me that we may or may not have cocoa left in the house and i should go locate some

There is some in my cupboard. Also some cider mix.

Come, brother, let us have some hot drinks...

And cuddle near the fire..

here's my typical name for winterstorms

fucking freezing rain

son of a bitch snow storm

this is going to be a bitch to plow

why me

fuck this climate

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

not another shitty snow day

can winter end now

i need vacations

and of course i hate everything

lol they named them?

School was canceled 'cause the roads completely freezed over and the snow is hard as fuck. My mailbox was frozen shut too and I couldn't open it. Texas weather is so dumb though, just a few days ago it was like 76 degrees...

Being British, I have little experience with storms, but I don't know why you'd want to name one. That fuckers going to ruin your day! D'you think he cares what your name is?