The we don't like Ike club

Magical Glace

How much do you hate Ike?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Ike?

• Why does this thread exist? Ike is great!
    • I like him, but I can see why people don't like him.
    • He's meh. I don't like him, but I don't really dislike him either.
    • I don't like him, but I can see why people like him
    • I thoroughly despise him.
  2. 2. Should I die a horrible and painful death for this?

• Absolutely.
    • No, this is a fantastic idea!
    • I don't like this, but I also don't want you to die.

Well... That changed quickly. I have to sacrifice the iPad to my sister for a little while (during which I played PoR and mourned over Ike's RNG screwing, while worshipping a defense blessed Rolf...), and then, when I return... WOOOOW.

If you like Ike fine. If you don't, fine. My sister is a fan girl of Ike, and I don't thoroughly loathe her for it. I don't like Ike, but I'm not saying everybody should hate him. This is just to vent that hate if you do.

And I still can't make the poll public. Maybe because I'm on an iPad, I'll check if I can fix it when I'm on the computer so I can upload chapter 2 of the Roy and support partners only play log.

And where did the idea of changing the thread to a thread where people worship Integrity come from? Just wondering.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that venting petty hatred is toxic and we don't need any more places encouraging people to hate on anything silly as fictional characters. That is all.

Edited by Sangyul

If that's your opinion, so be it. You can ignore the thread. As I said in the Original post, I don't mean anybody any offense. If this does offend you, I apologize. Ike is popular, there's very few who don't like him that I've met. Actually, a FFN friend of mine says I'm the only one she's met who complains about him.

And sometimes, having a place to complain (civilly) is a good thing. Building aggressive/hateful emotions and not expressing them is not a good mental health practice, IMO.

I am not offended that you don't like. As I said, people don't like the same things. What I do NOT like is that you created an entire thread dedicated to hating Ike only. If you really think having a place to complain civilly about things is a good idea, then why not make this a thread for people to complain about every character and not just Ike? Why not just go with that? More so than that, I am sick of hate. I am sick of petty hate.

I would love to ignore this thread and pretend it doesn't exist. Too bad it's hard to do when both it and the FE4 THREAD are on the front page of FFtF, and this is still on the "most recently posted" topic section on the first page! Guess it's not so easy to ignore in that case!

As a major Ike fan-girl I take personal offense! I'm forming my own "The we don't like the we don't like Ike fanclub" fanclub! There we will discuss the concept of how the hate of Ike's popularity boom disgusts us! Go back one step, it stills sounds just as silly!

And where did the idea of changing the thread to a thread where people worship Integrity come from? Just wondering.

It's far more amusing and far less divisive; ergo, it wins.

2amdJ1C.png

Lolwut. I can't change it. Weird.

I'm editing the thread title to remove the 'booming popularity' part. I'm not sure why but that's recieving a lot of hate despite the fact that specific part of the title was a joke.

For the sake of saying something on topic Ike has been RNG screwed in my current run of PoR. He's just lost his last Ray of Hope in my eyes.

Lolwut. I can't change it. Weird.

I'm editing the thread title to remove the 'booming popularity' part. I'm not sure why but that's recieving a lot of hate despite the fact that specific part of the title was a joke.

For the sake of saying something on topic Ike has been RNG screwed in my current run of PoR. He's just lost his last Ray of Hope in my eyes.

hahaha "on topic"

anyway you can't change it because people have voted; if you delete the poll, save the post with no poll, and then edit it to open a new poll you'll be able to make that one public

hahaha "on topic"

anyway you can't change it because people have voted; if you delete the poll, save the post with no poll, and then edit it to open a new poll you'll be able to make that one public

So that's how you do it...

Hmm...

Nope, not a good idea.