Your unit affinity

Hibari

Radiant Dawn did have a good set of Warriors. Nolan was the Dawn Brigade's best (main, besides Black Knight, Nailah, and such) member by far and Boyd was pretty nice as well.

I challenge that statement. Nolan = highly overrated.

sages, druids and aerial units.

for me, they turn out to be better than any other unit.

the worst for me are the swordmasters. For some reason, they want to get hit and don't want to do criticals when i'm around.

the only sage that hates me is Soren. I hate him as well ^_^

Nolan just never had anywhere near enough strength than boyd. That's what I depend on Reaver's having the most

BUT Nolan had a bit more defense. It didn't matter much, I admit, but the difference in strength was negligible.

Edit: And, without Bonus Experience, Nolan will cap 5 stats on average compared to Boyd's 3.

Edited by ChaosNinji

BUT Nolan had a bit more defense. It didn't matter much, I admit, but the difference in strength was negligible.

Edit: And, without Bonus Experience, Nolan will cap 5 stats on average compared to Boyd's 3.

yeah good point, plus with his Tarvos it helps with his defense

I challenge that statement. Nolan = highly overrated.

Do elaborate. Is it the average, but not super crazy strength? Is it the fact Micaiah characters don't get much action. I do mention Nolan's usefulness based on his performance on the chapters he's in , not purely his stats. I do believe he's one of the few Micaiah characters that is part 4 worthy, though. Really, the below most axe user standards strength isn't that big a deal, especially since he has Earth affinity. If it's a matter of "I don't get good Nolans by my experience", that's not a good argument, since I always get good Nolans. Arguing based on personal experience will turn into a bunch of Uh-huhs and Uh-uhs. Point is, Nolan is no where close to overrated. Go talk to, say, Oujay or Wendy for that.

Anyway, everyone else, feel free to go back to topic.

Do elaborate. Is it the average, but not super crazy strength? Is it the fact Micaiah characters don't get much action. I do mention Nolan's usefulness based on his performance on the chapters he's in , not purely his stats. I do believe he's one of the few Micaiah characters that is part 4 worthy, though. Really, the below most axe user standards strength isn't that big a deal, especially since he has Earth affinity. If it's a matter of "I don't get good Nolans by my experience", that's not a good argument, since I always get good Nolans. Arguing based on personal experience will turn into a bunch of Uh-huhs and Uh-uhs. Point is, Nolan is no where close to overrated. Go talk to, say, Oujay or Wendy for that.

Anyway, everyone else, feel free to go back to topic.

There are plenty better candidates. He's one of those who comes at a high level, so is automatically seen as good, but by the time part 3 comes around, most of the rest of the Dawn Brigade are better choices, including Edward, Aran, Zihark, and possibly Laura, Meg, and Jill. He may have more stamina than someone like Edward, but he dodges less and carries heavy weapons to boot, so his lackluster strength really does hurt him. I'm not saying he's a bad unit, since he isn't, but all the "god" talk about him just makes him highly overrated. Overrated not meaning bad, just less good.

Edited by Fox

Enemy Myrmidons/Swordsmasters are considered crap since they can barely dent your units. That's why some people consider Swordmasters a bad class. Think about it, the reason why Swordsmasters pwn is because we get some really good Swordmaster characters. If we had to use a generic enemy Swordmaster, he'd probably be benched.

Enemy Myrmidons/Swordsmasters are considered crap since they can barely dent your units. That's why some people consider Swordmasters a bad class. Think about it, the reason why Swordsmasters pwn is because we get some really good Swordmaster characters. If we had to use a generic enemy Swordmaster, he'd probably be benched.

If we had to use any generic enemy, he or she would be benched. Think about it.

Well, what I meant was out of a team of generic units, Swordsmasters would be probably be benched. Though I don't dislike Swordsmasters, it's just the enemy ones are so crappy and unthreatening. The only thing to be aware of is criticals, but since they don't do much damage anyway, it hardly matters.

SMs generally turn out good for me, exept for Guy (FE7, 17 str. at Lv.20=FAIL)

The only characters I tend to get epically screwed with are RD Mist and... (can't think of any more)

If we had to use any generic enemy, he or she would be benched. Think about it.

You kinda do get to use generic enemys in FEDS (the faceless substitutes)

There are plenty better candidates. He's one of those who comes at a high level, so is automatically seen as good, but by the time part 3 comes around, most of the rest of the Dawn Brigade are better choices, including Edward, Aran, Zihark, and possibly Laura, Meg, and Jill. He may have more stamina than someone like Edward, but he dodges less and carries heavy weapons to boot, so his lackluster strength really does hurt him. I'm not saying he's a bad unit, since he isn't, but all the "god" talk about him just makes him highly overrated. Overrated not meaning bad, just less good.

Well, no one but God can be compared to God. He created the universe. Laura and Meg are definately not better than Nolan, though. Meg only beats out folks like Gareth and Lyre. Laura is frail, and has trouble with her low speed caps. I can't see how either of them are vaguely better than Nolan. Nolan's strength is not that bad, especially as too axes being a problems.

http://www.feplanet.net/index.php?fep=game...erages&id=4 Once he gets to level 5 promoted on average, axes won't weigh him down at all, judging if you use Poleaxes by then. I know you said overrated =/= bad, but when you say Meg, perhaps the worst Beorc unit in the game, is better than him, that's just wrong.

Well, no one but God can be compared to God. He created the universe. Laura and Meg are definately not better than Nolan, though. Meg only beats out folks like Gareth and Lyre. Laura is frail, and has trouble with her low speed caps. I can't see how either of them are vaguely better than Nolan. Nolan's strength is not that bad, especially as too axes being a problems.

http://www.feplanet.net/index.php?fep=game...erages&id=4 Once he gets to level 5 promoted on average, axes won't weigh him down at all, judging if you use Poleaxes by then. I know you said overrated =/= bad, but when you say Meg, perhaps the worst Beorc unit in the game, is better than him, that's just wrong.

I said possibly. Laura has great growths that don't fit her caps, and is definitely more useful for her healing and fighting ability than Nolan. Meg is underrated, though not great. I would put her on the same level as Nolan, or maybe Nolan a bit higher.

And if it takes him until level 5 promoted to no longer be weighed down (Plus, that's if you're rather lucky), that's a while to fix what could be a somewhat big problem.

I know this is just "personal experience," but one time Nolan didn't get a single strength up until level 20. That's just what I remember. He's failed me many times other than that.

Read my sig Seriously Nolan is probably your best axe user in FE10 and I think that he is better then almost all of your units in the Dawn Brigade.