FE9 <2 hours 10 min

Chiki

I experimented with Titania > Oscar in Ch5 and it works. I'll have to note that down.

Chapter 6 and 7 done. I'm pretty proud of how Chapter 7 turned out because this is easily the longest and worst chapter in the game, with the possible exception of 25. 6 is uploading now.

Edited by Chiki

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chapter 6: is it not possible to PP kill emil instead of EP kill? the myrmidon might possibly block the tile above emil, but if that doesn't happen, then a PP kill lets titania avoid combat against the soldiers that flank emil.

chapter 7: lol @ the fire drop. i wonder if it's possible at all to avoid combat against the fighter and soldier that ike had to face on turn 1 EP so that you don't waste time with unproductive rounds of combat. it looks like they can't reach mia on turn 1 EP, either. on turn 2, since mia 2HKOs the fighter with an iron sword anyway, here you should use the slim sword to try to fish for a crit to save time. you also might be able to position titania differently on turn 2 so that she kills the soldier reinforcement immediately instead of on the subsequent turn; you will have to sacrifice 2 points of movement, but it looks like you can still reach the boss in time.

chapter 6: is it not possible to PP kill emil instead of EP kill?

The only way to do that would be to bring Oscar, which is risky and it'd take longer anyway.

i wonder if it's possible at all to avoid combat against the fighter and soldier

Nah, moving Oscar at that magic spot triggers the reinforcements.

you also might be able to position titania differently on turn 2 so that she kills the soldier reinforcement immediately instead of on the subsequent turn

I tried. One enemy always gets left out no matter what.

And yeah, the Fire drop was embarrassing. Oh well.

fair enough on the chapter 7 scenarios.

The only way to do that would be to bring Oscar, which is risky and it'd take longer anyway.

could you explain what would happen if you didn't end the second-to-last turn with titania adjacent to emil? i figured that since she had nothing to do on the final turn when ike arrived, she could have killed him on the final turn PP.

could you explain what would happen if you didn't end the second-to-last turn with titania adjacent to emil? i figured that since she had nothing to do on the final turn when ike arrived, she could have killed him on the final turn PP.

Oh, I thought you meant second to last turn PP. It might make sense to keep Titania away from enemy range and have her kill Emil at the end of the final turn. I'll give it a try later.

Oh, I thought you meant second to last turn PP. It might make sense to keep Titania away from enemy range and have her kill Emil at the end of the final turn. I'll give it a try later.

You should be able to have her avoid combat with the mage and myrmidon, as well.

No, I'm playing the real thing. I'm not sure why that is but I'm doing everything according to SDA guidelines.

I'm reuploading a Ch6 strategy where I cut 15 seconds.

I made a mistake here when I leveled up Ike to 18. I'm supposed to level him up to 17 instead so I can have enough bexp to promote Marcia.

Also, something keeps going wrong with the sound here.. I'm gonna investigate and see if I can fix it.

Edited by Chiki

Second attempt at Chapter 6.

Do you guys think the Master Seal will be needed? If so, I need to kill Mackoya. I kinda doubt it because Mist or Rhys won't be able to reach B staves without wasting a lot of time.

for chapter 8, one thing that you might want to consider (especially if marcia doesn't need to promote ASAP) is to max out ike's level at 20 as early as possible to save time with the EXP bar popping up. i almost want to suggest if a 3-man choke is more efficient in this map since the enemies don't move as much, but the problem with that is that the cavaliers at the bottom of the map will keep on cantoing and attacking the guy choking the bottom unless you kill them on turn 1. you also don't have a third durable unit, though oscar can work in a pinch.

chapter 9: you were probably like "fuck it" on that archer when you attacked him at 2-range with the javelin. do you have to kill that wind mage near the end? also, after killing kotaff, sending the steel axe back to the convoy so that you have a javelin equipped for that javelin soldier might save you a few seconds (you'll have to withdraw the steel axe later though).

in general, when moving, try to move in straight lines as much as possible. also, you should remove counter from titania when you get the chance.

Edited by dondon151

Do you guys think the Master Seal will be needed? If so, I need to kill Mackoya. I kinda doubt it because Mist or Rhys won't be able to reach B staves without wasting a lot of time.

Probably not. Even if you're planning to promote someone, the amount of time it would take to get one of the Master Seals is probably more than it would save from an early promotion. But it all depends, of course. If someone needs the early promotion, go for it.

For the purpose of spamming turns (beginning of chapter 10), there should be a button to bring up the menu even when the cursor is over a unit so you won't need to move it the unit first. Not sure what it is, though.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

for chapter 8, one thing that you might want to consider (especially if marcia doesn't need to promote ASAP) is to max out ike's level at 20 as early as possible to save time with the EXP bar popping up. i almost want to suggest if a 3-man choke is more efficient in this map since the enemies don't move as much, but the problem with that is that the cavaliers at the bottom of the map will keep on cantoing and attacking the guy choking the bottom unless you kill them on turn 1. you also don't have a third durable unit, though oscar can work in a pinch.

chapter 9: you were probably like "fuck it" on that archer when you attacked him at 2-range with the javelin. do you have to kill that wind mage near the end? also, after killing kotaff, sending the steel axe back to the convoy so that you have a javelin equipped for that javelin soldier might save you a few seconds (you'll have to withdraw the steel axe later though).

in general, when moving, try to move in straight lines as much as possible. also, you should remove counter from titania when you get the chance.

I'd have to change the whole speedrun to get Ike to at least level 8 and that'd cost a few minutes. I don't lose much time anyway--apparently it's around 30 seconds compared to a level 20 Ike. I only have enough bexp to get him to 18 anyway, and I need to save some for Marcia, who needs to be promoted (video for 11-12 coming soon).

Oscar gets 2HKOed by knights, and I tried out an alternate strat with Titania killing the cavaliers and retreating to a spot while Ike did the same as usual and it cost me 2 minutes.

I was supposed to just hit A repeatedly with Titania to kill that archer. I don't know why my execution there was so bad. I need the Javelin equipped to kill the other archer who goes in front of Kotaff.

Yeah, I'll make sure to remove Counter and not kill the wind mage next time.

Should I bexp Marcia to level 20 as soon as I have enough bexp? It'd probably save some time with level ups and gaining exp during chapters.

Apparently I need 22 strength Marcia in order to 2 turn Muarim's chapter, so an aggressive Chapter 13 strategy is a must for that Energy Drop. I hate that chapter.

Edited by Chiki

Oscar gets 2HKOed by knights, and I tried out an alternate strat with Titania killing the cavaliers and retreating to a spot while Ike did the same as usual and it cost me 2 minutes.

i was talking more about killing the cavaliers on turn 1 with titania and then having her and ike choke the left and right openings, while some dude like oscar fills in the bottom starting turn 2. i highly doubt the strategy would save time or even be effective, but it could be worth a try.

I was supposed to just hit A repeatedly with Titania to kill that archer. I don't know why my execution there was so bad. I need the Javelin equipped to kill the other archer who goes in front of Kotaff.

oh yeah, obviously though you could have just killed the archer from an adjacent space with the javelin, but you were probably trying to cancel your movement and messed up.

Should I bexp Marcia to level 20 as soon as I have enough bexp? It'd probably save some time with level ups and gaining exp during chapters.

if you're talking about unpromoted marcia, it shouldn't really matter, but if you're talking about promoted marcia, it depends on when you get enough BEXP. if it's relatively early, max her out.

if you're talking about unpromoted marcia, it shouldn't really matter, but if you're talking about promoted marcia, it depends on when you get enough BEXP. if it's relatively early, max her out.

I meant promoted Marcia.

I also noticed I made a big mistake when I dropped Titania's Chest Key in Ch7. It's needed for a faster clear of Ch13.

if you have the money, i think you should forge +9 crit on all of your forges to fish for the time-saving crits.

another thought: would it be preferable at all to try to influence marcia's BEXP level ups with her equipped items? boyd's fighter band and a steel weapon will yield a higher str growth but a lower spd and def growth.

if you have the money, i think you should forge +9 crit on all of your forges to fish for the time-saving crits.

another thought: would it be preferable at all to try to influence marcia's BEXP level ups with her equipped items? boyd's fighter band and a steel weapon will yield a higher str growth but a lower spd and def growth.

I don't think I have the money, at least right now. Forges are pretty expensive.

I tried it out. The Steel weapon didn't influence her growths at all. The Knight Band and Steel Lance did together, but since this is going on the SDA I won't be using Bands. It also saves time anyway since I won't need to drop them or deal with them at all.

I'm around 58 minutes single-segment by the end of Chapter 15. With optimal play (I just woke up so I probably wasn't at my best) I guess I could bring it down to sub 57 by the end of Chapter 15. That's around 12 minutes ahead of RushinAssassin's single-segment playthrough and around 9 minutes ahead of SMK's run. I'm gonna need some pretty amazing lategame strategies to get to sub 2 hours.

It sure seems impossible right now. I'm 100% sure my strategies are very close to optimal, and my execution can't be that horrible. Chapter 17 is just too long, and so are some other lategame chapters (16, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, Endgame).

I also wonder if I need the Full Guard for 23. I probably do since this is single-segment, but I might be able to use some strategies involving the Seraph Robe and the Elixir to reliably deal with the ballistae.

Edited by Chiki

keep in mind that in a single segment playthrough, you're going to end up having small execution mistakes, because realistically you won't be playing perfectly throughout the entire game.

i think once we figure out how much total money you'll have remaining by the end of the game, then we can distribute it to certain forges for +9 crit.

consider forging a javelin for titania in the previous chapter, since i'm assuming that you'll want more later on. with a forged javelin, i think you might be able to change the turn 1 positioning such that oscar doesn't get attacked. there was also another enemy later on that titania didn't counter with the steel axe equipped, and you might be able to ORKO that guy with a forged javelin.

if it doesn't pose a benefit to you at all, don't bother undeploying units.

one more cursor movement trick: in the GBA games, if you L-switch when the cursor isn't on a player unit, then the cursor will move to the lord. so an easy way to L-switch (X-switch?) to titania from marcia would be to move the cursor off marcia and L-switch twice, assuming that it works the same way in this game.

There's more than enough money to forge +crit for every weapon other than Titania's Steel Axe, it seems... good tip. At the start of Chapter 17 Marcia has 3 forged weapons with max crit and Ike has a forged Steel with max crit and I still have a very generous amount (30k) left over.

It also costs time to forge an extra Javelin, and trade it to Marcia later, which is probably equal to the amount of time Oscar gets attacked. I could just unequip him to save a few seconds.

Chapter 16 video coming shortly. I put your cursor trick to good use there.

Edited by Chiki