Today's Nintendo Direct...

Fruity Insanity

How come people thought Rosalina's Smash Bros. reveal was a Kirby x Mario Kart thing at first? Iwata had clearly stated that it was about something we're all familiar with, and a Kirby x Mario Kart game wasn't ever previously announced. I knew it was Smash Bros. all along, though the whole Kirby and Mario Kart stuff did have me a little confused for a second. lol

How come people thought Rosalina's Smash Bros. reveal was a Kirby x Mario Kart thing at first? Iwata had clearly stated that it was about something we're all familiar with, and a Kirby x Mario Kart game wasn't ever previously announced. I knew it was Smash Bros. all along, though the whole Kirby and Mario Kart stuff did have me a little confused for a second. lol

Um, because it had Kirby on a star (a la Kirby Air Ride) then Mario Karts?

Anyway, no. I don't agree with this. She is a minor character in the series. She should not be becoming such a main series character.

Anyway, no. I don't agree with this. She is a minor character in the series. She should not be becoming such a main series character

Even Luigi started off as a minor character in the series.

Why is she different?

So many games, so little money. ;_;

Smash Bros Smash Bros Smash Bros Smash Bros Smash Bros Smash Bros

oh, and Mario Kart.

People expecting Nintendo to finally announce a Mario Kart for Wii U for a while, announce Rosalina for sbb in the same day and everyone will forget about it

Man, I wanted Kirby Air Ride x Mario Kart to be a thing. ;_;

I am so disappointed that this wasn't the announcement. A Kirby Air Ride Wii U would be absolutely incredible in its own right... a crossover would have been astonishing.

Apart from SSB and Mario Kart, there wasn't a ton of stuff that appealed to me. Bravely default looks pretty cool, so I'll definitely try out the demo. As far as the derivative games go, I think I'll pass on most of them. I'd rather go back and replay the Yoshi's Island, Kirby, and Donkey Kong Country games that I already own than spend money on the new ones.

How is Rosalina a minor character? She had a large role in her debut game (Super Mario Galaxy), had a big appearance in the ending of Super Mario Galaxy 2, and is playable in Super Mario 3D World. I think she's a main character. :/

Zomg omgomgomg ROSALINA YES YES YES

She'll be my main automatically in Ssb4. I'm really excited due to it and Mario Kart 8. Also, hyrule warriors looks amazing, and celebi, yes!

ROSALINAAAAA <3

Edit: also, I find her fighting style pretty similar to Ice Climbers.

Edited by Quintessence

I am pleased that I'm going to own Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on my Nintendo 3DS next February just for setting up a NNID.

How come people thought Rosalina's Smash Bros. reveal was a Kirby x Mario Kart thing at first?

I expected for a moment that Mario Kart 8 was gonna have a big reveal that it was gonna have characters from other Nintendo series.

People have been clamouring for a Nintendo Kart for so long.

Nintendo Direct 12/18/13 Highlights Review:

Hyrule Warriors: A Zelda/Dynasty Warriors crossover spinoff? Interesting.

Kirby Triple Deluxe: Kirby has 4 new copy abilities: Beetle, Bell, Circus, and Bow. And you can finally fight your friends in a Kirby battle! YES! :D:

Chibi-Robo! Photo Finder: I'm not interested in photography, but I might try the demo to see if there is any "normal" gameplay, because Chibi-Robo was great on the Gamecube.

Bravely Default: Looks good, and now you can pay money to win! Not that any sane person would.

DKCTF: Cranky Kong is playable, with Scrooge McDuck's pogo stick cane. And to make the reference even clearer, his special attack turns enemies into money.

Sonic Lost World: Nintendo themed DLC levels. Now, imagine Sonic as a DLC character in Super Mario 3D World.

Super Smash Bros: Yay, Kirby Airride 2! Finally! - Wait, that's Rainbow Road. Ooh, I know, he's gonna be playable in Mario Kart 8! ...With a Luma! Wait, no...now Rosalina is a playable Smash Bros character!? That's so awesome, and yet... this trailer keeps messing around with my expectations! Upon rewatching, I suddenly realized that there are now SIX Mario Kart characters in Smash Bros. I always thought there was a disproportionately high number of Mario characters, but at this rate they may as well call it Super Mario Kart Bros.

Actually, there are seven now. Diddy is in Mario Kart too. :P

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, DK, Diddy. Seven. lol

I also forgot Wario and Yoshi. I honestly do wonder sometimes why they don't just make a "Nintendo Kart".