What's Your Favorite Superhero/ine?

MacLovin

the first 2 flashes were treated with immense respect back in the day.

I mean shit, Jay Garrick one of the only golden age heroes that's not magic based to still be active.

Gotta love that speed force.

It's kind of interesting that Jay's powers are now magic-based in the New 52.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shame.

I don't like alot of the new 52 though, it seems to fanfictiony with the Wonder WomanXSuperman stuff.

I especially hate meaningless retcons to characters with decades of history. [We can't have Supes/Bats/Wondy be a founding member of the JSA now, since he has to be young and hip! Ditto with the Green Arrow and the 7 soldiers.]

And then they take silver age guys like Qwysp [The aquaman imp guy] and make them villain while they fuck around with characters. [Heeelllooooo Superboy-Prime]

I think the one thing I sort of enjoy about the new 52 is that Tim Hunter gets more exposure. It's nice to see him around.[unlike that other young male wizard who wears glasses and has a small scar on his forehead.]

Also, go read the Blackest Night saga if you want a little macabre fun.

You know who's underrated?

Plastic Man.

-Among the Golden Age's top non dc/timely heroes.

-Creator was also famour for creating the playboy bunny. [iirc]

-had his own tv show show.

-Fucking survives getting his heart ripped out, being possessed by the devil, and 300 million years as crumbs in the bottom of the ocean.

-Not only is he a reformed criminal, he's also got a few other character traits. [single dad, like Roy Harper. Unlike Roy, he retired from active duty]

-Fights fire giants.

-I don't even have to go into detail about shapeshifting, immortality, resistance to magic/psychic power, density control, superhuman strength/agility/dexterity.

Why didn't he get a spot in the old DCAU. :/ I know he had a tv pilot pitched to CN tho.

Edited by Popeye

Hmm. It's a tie between the Martian Manhunter and Thor.

I really just like the concept of Martian Manhunter's powers and abilities and I'm a sucker for mythological gods being superheroes in modern depictions.

• 2 weeks later...
You know who's underrated?

Plastic Man.

-Among the Golden Age's top non dc/timely heroes.

-Creator was also famour for creating the playboy bunny. [iirc]

-had his own tv show show.

-Fucking survives getting his heart ripped out, being possessed by the devil, and 300 million years as crumbs in the bottom of the ocean.

-Not only is he a reformed criminal, he's also got a few other character traits. [single dad, like Roy Harper. Unlike Roy, he retired from active duty]

-Fights fire giants.

-I don't even have to go into detail about shapeshifting, immortality, resistance to magic/psychic power, density control, superhuman strength/agility/dexterity.

Why didn't he get a spot in the old DCAU. :/ I know he had a tv pilot pitched to CN tho.

I have to admit, this guy is priceless in Batman: The Brave and the Bold. He cracks me up a lot. lol

Plastic Man is indeed underrated.

I'm watching more of Iron Man: Armored Adventures since I only saw a little bit of it. I'm really digging seeing teenage counterparts to the awesome guys from the movies. And Rhody is still WAR MACHINE TOO! :D (though not Iron Patriot as far as I can tell, though according to the third movie, Rhody changed the name, so it's still the same guy)

And the whole adventure about the Makluan Rings is totally fascinating too! It reminds me a lot of the Jackie Chan Adventures show because of all the Chinese stuff and that show is one of my favorites. :3

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, that reminds me of a joke in LEGO Marvel! You see, Iron Man and War Machine are having a dance party at Stark Tower, and then the Iron Patriot shows up.

War Machine: So is that suit remote controlled?

Iron Man: No, Rhody's inside it.

War Machine: Wait, I'M Rhody!