What's Your Favorite Superhero/ine?

MacLovin

Okay, I just got a real taste of Deadpool for the first time in one of the Spiderman cartoons. And let's just say he's...really out there. And definitely an anti-hero like I had said, not a hero-hero. I like that he's comedic like Spidey and Iron Man, but unlike them, you can pretty much never take this guy seriously. :/

He's funny, but lacks the true badass factor. And he looks threatening, but he hardly sounds like it. Literally, that voice does NOT fit him. Sorry folks. I don't dislike him, but I don't really like him either. :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM THOR. GOD OF THUNDER AND LORD OF THE STORM. I MOST COMMEND M'LADY SIF.

Ahh...The bellowing of Thor. Yes, it warms the dark recesses of my blackened, withered soul. Despite everything, Thor really is my favorite superhero, but hes also a god so thats a double plus. Thor is gr9 in every way.

I also have a weird soft spot for Captain America. Hes got that iron clad sense of honor thats pretty damn cool.

Superheroines? Ive always been fond of Storm from the X-Men. Shes just rad.

Its also rather obvious who my favorite super villain is.

Okay, I just got a real taste of Deadpool for the first time in one of the Spiderman cartoons. And let's just say he's...really out there. And definitely an anti-hero like I had said, not a hero-hero. I like that he's comedic like Spidey and Iron Man, but unlike them, you can pretty much never take this guy seriously. :/

He's funny, but lacks the true badass factor. And he looks threatening, but he hardly sounds like it. Literally, that voice does NOT fit him. Sorry folks. I don't dislike him, but I don't really like him either. :P

1. Deadpool does look really cool, but I find everyone likes him because he's never serious.

2. Deadpool killed every character in the marvel universe. Himself. That easily puts him in top-tier badassery. Not to mention he has survived getting incinerated, having his heart ripped out and just put his head back on multiple times after it was cut off. He's near unkillable, and the main way people have to kill him, removing his cancer, would not actually be harmful given real world biology.

3. Watch the stuff with Nolan North doing the voice. I personally don't mind Freddie, but North does the better job.

4. Just wanted to throw out that I got a Deadpool comic collection for Christmas. Boast boast boast boast boast.

So yeah, I like Deadpool, favorite Marvel Character, followed by SpiderMan for the same reasons of humor. Of course, SpiderMan also has a cool costume, interesting powers and a great cast of villains. DC I don't know anyone who like's a hero better than Batman. I mean come on...he's Batman! So it comes down to those three for favorite hero. I will say Deadpool overral though.

Captain America...

I don't know why, but when I was introduced to this dude in my childhood; it was... well... I just don't know how to express this. Okay, I'm just too shy to express my fanboyish admiration towards him.

Other superheroes I ended up liking? Human Torch (Damn, he may be a jerk at times; but he's freakin' funny) and Cyclops (Blame the 90's animation), As for super-heroines, it's a multi-way tie between Invisible Woman, Storm, Jubilee and Rogue; also add Lady Sif to the mix.

He may be an obvious choice, but the Amazing Spider-Man is my favourite. I've only read a few of his comics because I only actually got into comic-reading in the past few months, but I loved the 90s cartoon which, as far as I can tell, was very close to the comics in story and characterisation.

As of now, I've still only read a few Amazing Spider-Man issues, but I'm buying the collected volumes of Superior Spider-Man as they're released, and I'm enjoying the story, but I'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable return of Peter Parker.

I also like Robin/Nightwing and Beast Boy, but I don't really know much about them other than what I saw on Teen Titans as a kid, which I know is very different from the comics, and what I've read out of curiosity on the DC wiki.

Oh, almost forgot (don't know how), Wolverine is freakin' awesome, even if he is another obvious choice. Speaking of the X-Men, I remember liking Shadowcat, Rogue and especially Nightcrawler in the old cartoons and X-Men films.

More recently, the MCU introduced me to Iron Man who is awesome, but it's Robert Downey Jr who makes him for me.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

1. Deadpool does look really cool, but I find everyone likes him because he's never serious.

2. Deadpool killed every character in the marvel universe. Himself. That easily puts him in top-tier badassery. Not to mention he has survived getting incinerated, having his heart ripped out and just put his head back on multiple times after it was cut off. He's near unkillable, and the main way people have to kill him, removing his cancer, would not actually be harmful given real world biology.

3. Watch the stuff with Nolan North doing the voice. I personally don't mind Freddie, but North does the better job.

4. Just wanted to throw out that I got a Deadpool comic collection for Christmas. Boast boast boast boast boast.

So yeah, I like Deadpool, favorite Marvel Character, followed by SpiderMan for the same reasons of humor. Of course, SpiderMan also has a cool costume, interesting powers and a great cast of villains. DC I don't know anyone who like's a hero better than Batman. I mean come on...he's Batman! So it comes down to those three for favorite hero. I will say Deadpool overral though.

...Wow. That actually DOES sound kinda badass. But Deadpool still doesn't seem like a hero to me, just a mercenary like Spiderman described him. Only the kind that will do whatever to get money as long as he gets paid, whether the task is a good deed or a bad one.

On another topic, the Justice League just got really interesting. Well, I'm watching the Unlimited series. Turns out that something I suspected would happen did in fact happen and more. o.o

It's revealed that Green Lantern and Hawkgirl get back together and even have a child. Who's the kid? War Hawk from Batman Beyond. I knew that guy had some connection to Hawkgirl, it just seemed the only logical thing. lol (I previously watched Batman Beyond). I just never expected Green Lantern to be somewhere in there! Poor GL though, he's all like "this complicates things" after that time travel stuff. He and Batman are the only ones who remember anything about the mission. And speaking of Batman, I'm not surprised his thing with Wonder Woman never went anywhere. I'm sure he wanted it to, but well, he's Batman.

Anyway, War Hawk is definitely GL and Hawkgirl's son. He has Hawkgirl's eyes and skin color, but the rest of him is GL all over. I probably would have figured this out, but War Hawk is never seen without his mask except in the second part of time travel episodes. At least I think...

...Wow. That actually DOES sound kinda badass. But Deadpool still doesn't seem like a hero to me, just a mercenary like Spiderman described him. Only the kind that will do whatever to get money as long as he gets paid, whether the task is a good deed or a bad one.

On another topic, the Justice League just got really interesting. Well, I'm watching the Unlimited series. Turns out that something I suspected would happen did in fact happen and more. o.o

It's revealed that Green Lantern and Hawkgirl get back together and even have a child. Who's the kid? War Hawk from Batman Beyond. I knew that guy had some connection to Hawkgirl, it just seemed the only logical thing. lol (I previously watched Batman Beyond). I just never expected Green Lantern to be somewhere in there! Poor GL though, he's all like "this complicates things" after that time travel stuff. He and Batman are the only ones who remember anything about the mission. And speaking of Batman, I'm not surprised his thing with Wonder Woman never went anywhere. I'm sure he wanted it to, but well, he's Batman.

Anyway, War Hawk is definitely GL and Hawkgirl's son. He has Hawkgirl's eyes and skin color, but the rest of him is GL all over. I probably would have figured this out, but War Hawk is never seen without his mask except in the second part of time travel episodes. At least I think...

Shouldn't have clicked that. I think I know who War Hawk is.

And I haven't even finished season one...yet McGinnis is my favorite batman...

Shouldn't have clicked that. I think I know who War Hawk is.

And I haven't even finished season one...yet McGinnis is my favorite batman...

Oh... Huh. But I have to agree that Terry is pretty freaking cool. But I don't know if he's better than good ol' Bruce. They're both badass. lol

Terry's a nice contrast to Bruce. I especially liked their dynamics in Batman Beyond, since there's a lot of clash of ideals and character early on.

And guys, how about Wally West, aka the Flash? This guy doesn't get enough credit imo. He seems a bit immature, but he's funny as hell and he winds up saving the entire Justice League. Twice. :D (once in the episode about the ancient snake people spirits and a second time when the gang was captured by parallel versions of themselves)

Also, he's one of the few male characters, imo, that looks good with red hair. :3

Flash is definitely my favorite member of the group along with Hawkgirl though!

I also like Green Arrow from Justice League Unlimited. He's a lot like the Marvel guy Hawkeye, only with more of a Robin Hood style. And I like both of these dudes. :D

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.

Wally West WAS a the embodiment of the DC universe's "Speed Force" for awhile. The new 52 reboot has this government sponsored Justice League that was created to counter the regular JLA in case they went rogue.

They went so far as to get one guy who has the power to counter the Flash.

THe Flash Family was so powerful, that during various events, the "big bad" took special countermeasures to deal with them.

Oh, and Green Arrow's had a good run over the years. Take a look for "Longbow HUnters".

Edited by Popeye

I kind of meant that Flash is a better hero than his teammates make him out to be. Flash even says at some point in the show that he's tired of being treated like a sidekick even though he's one of the original seven. And he hasn't gotten his own movie or anything.

I'm just saying he's cooler than his role tends to imply. And would probably get a good movie if a team really tried. I'd personally title it The Fastest Man.

But I will agree that he is one of the most powerful DC heroes. He could even give Superman a run for his money and he was the only one that was able to defeat Brainiac. Single-handedly.

And going back to Green Arrow, oh my GAWD are he and Black Canary an adorable couple! My favorite in DC, no contest. :D

"If only she could love me the way she loves fighting villainy"

"If only he could love me the way he loves fighting villainy"

Dawww. ^^ (that's from an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold)

Actually, there is a Flash movie set to be released in 2016, though I'm pretty sure Barry Allen is going to be the main character and not Wally West. I'm kind of hoping Jay Garrick (my personal favorite of the Scarlet Speedsters) will have an important supporting role, but probably not.

It's hard to say who is more iconic between Barry Allen and Wally West. Wally is probably more recognizable to younger people because he was featured on the Justice League cartoon. It is, however, important to note that DC's animated series are far removed from their comics. Barry Allen was the Flash from 1956 up until his "death" in 1985, where he was later succeeded by his sidekick, Wally West. It's also interesting to note that the DCAU version of Wally West actually has more in common with the comic book version of Barry Allen than he does with the comic version of Wally West.

Ugh, Netflix didn't complete Batman: The Brave and the Bold! It stopped at the first part of the Starro invasion but didn't add part 2! That really sucks. >_>

I've always liked Batman, but I wish Robin had made more appearances in this show. I mean, he's ROBIN for heaven's sake, Batman's main partner, and he was freaking badass in this one. But I do like how his final appearance had him become Nightwing. But how did Batman know his name would be Nightwing?! That's what baffles me! Because Robin didn't even know, he just says "Huh? Actually...that's good too!" after Batman takes a "guess" at Robin's new name. xP

EDIT: Oh, and I realize Batman did take a few trips through time in this series, but in not one of them was there any indication that he ran into a future version of Robin in the Nightwing suit. I guess it's still possible that he did so off screen, but yeah. :P

Edited by Anacybele