Pokebank!!!

Meepo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we to assume that's the "offical" reason, or the only reason?

That's what Serebiis says, and considering I couldn't get on the eshop at all yesterday and nintendos other services were having technical difficulties, I really do think it was an issue with the amount of people getting on. (I couldn't log in to miiverse, neither the wii or 3DS eshop, and could not download the x y patch)

Remember the launch of the Dream world? They took it down for a week or two after japanese release because of traffic.

Edited by L95

why people care about hacked pokemon? Now breeding is so easy, it's not like the hacked pokemon have any advantage anyway. (Of course, I'm talking about legal hacks. I don't believe illegal hacks can pass the pokebank, can they?)

Eh just saw it allows illegal pokemon. Yet, what's the difference in an infernape being italion or english or a torterra being shiny or not? I couldn't care less about hacked pokemon, as long as they don't have higher stats or illegal moves.

Edited by Nobody

why people care about hacked pokemon? Now breeding is so easy, it's not like the hacked pokemon have any advantage anyway. (Of course, I'm talking about legal hacks. I don't believe illegal hacks can pass the pokebank, can they?)

Eh just saw it allows illegal pokemon. Yet, what's the difference in an infernape being italion or english or a torterra being shiny or not? I couldn't care less about hacked pokemon, as long as they have higher stats or illegal moves.

Two reasons. Firstly, hacked Pokémon can always have the perfect Hidden Power, which while not terrible, is annoying for legit players who have to toil for it. Also, hacked legendaries with perfect IVs, which again, is out of the reach of most legit players.

why people care about hacked pokemon? Now breeding is so easy, it's not like the hacked pokemon have any advantage anyway.

Personally, I think it's disrespectful to use an illegal program to produce perfect pokémon in one second when there are people who spend tons of hours to get those same pokémon legitimately. I personally don't care about stats and stuff, honestly. Legal or illegal pokémon are the same to me, since they are not obtained the way they're supposed to be obtained. If people want to have "perfect" pokémon, then they should just play Showdown- it's fair there, since everybody gets the same tools to fight with.

But using hacked pokémon in the main games saying "competitive battling isn't about spending tons of hours into hatching some eggs" as an excuse is just desgusting. Not everyone has access to hacking tools, you know. If those are called "cheats", there is a reason.

honestly the only thing it does is speed up the process of breeding and training(which honestly is a hassle most of the time). As long as they don't have over 510 EVs and illegal movesets and illegal abilities+natures, I couldn't care less :/

This is coming from a person who bred in gen4, bred and pokegen'd in gen 5, and currently breeds in gen6

so

yeah

I completely agree with kitty of time. It's not like hacking will affect the outcome of the battles. I don't hack, but I can totally understand why people do, and don't have any problem with it.

I'd much rather battle a hacker than someone spamming spore or double team, to be honest.

Not everyone has access to hacking tools, but anyone can RNG, which also gives perfect pokemon.

Edited by Nobody

I'd much rather battle a hacker than someone spamming spore or double team, to be honest.

What? You think someone who does the easiest thing to get their perfect Pokémon won't abuse those kind of strategies?

Edited by Shuuda

What? You think someone who does the easiest thing to get their perfect Pokémon won't abuse those kind of strategies?

Not necessarily. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Many people who hack follow smogon rules. Smogon doesn't allow that kind of stuff.

Edited by Nobody

They could also continue to require Pokemon that were hatched or caught in Kalos for ranked battles and official tournaments, so that even if you did hack yourself a perfect team in an earlier generation, you can't use it for much more than showing off.

Edited by Alg

They could also continue to make official tournaments/ranked battles require Pokemon that were hatched or caught in Kalos, so that even if you did hack yourself a perfect team in an earlier generation, you can't use it for much more than showing off.

Or breeding. With two perfect pokemon, you can breed another perfect pokemon really quickly. Like, less than 10 minutes. Wouldn't really make any difference.

No I don't really think they will.

I've done many battles in gen5 and I've never run into something like a Simple Slaking with Spore, Extreme Speed, Double Team, and Earthquake.

The only people who do things like that are little kids or trolls. People who battle competitively don't do stuff like that, sorry.

Neal is a hacker indeed

But yeah, I suppose I'm an idealist bitch when it comes to these things.

I respect those who hack because they don't have time to breed, but I also see lots of brats who pretend to have everything with minimum effort.

Honestly I don't see what's bad in starting all with the same tools and make the difference with your own efforts. No, seriously, what's bad in that?

If cheats can't be stopped, though, so be it.

Gameplay-wise, I really don't care. I've battled people with perfect IVs for a while anyway.

They could also continue to require Pokemon that were hatched or caught in Kalos for ranked battles and official tournaments, so that even if you did hack yourself a perfect team in an earlier generation, you can't use it for much more than showing off.

It's also pointless because it would disallow any legendary outside of the birds, mewtwo, celebi, and the XY legends, as well as any other pokemon non-obtainable in XY normally(if you implement a breeding rule as well).

It's also pointless because it would disallow any legendary outside of the birds, mewtwo, celebi, and the XY legends, as well as any other pokemon non-obtainable in XY normally(if you implement a breeding rule as well).

Aren't Mewtwo, Celebi, and the XY Legendaries disallowed anyway?

honestly the only thing it does is speed up the process of breeding and training(which honestly is a hassle most of the time). As long as they don't have over 510 EVs and illegal movesets and illegal abilities+natures, I couldn't care less :/

This is coming from a person who bred in gen4, bred and pokegen'd in gen 5, and currently breeds in gen6

so

yeah

Same here. As long as they're legal, regardless of how acquired, I wouldn't mind fighting them. Honestly, after all the training and breeding time it takes, I don't blame them, so long as its not illegal.

Personally, I think it's disrespectful to use an illegal program to produce perfect pokémon in one second when there are people who spend tons of hours to get those same pokémon legitimately. I personally don't care about stats and stuff, honestly. Legal or illegal pokémon are the same to me, since they are not obtained the way they're supposed to be obtained. If people want to have "perfect" pokémon, then they should just play Showdown- it's fair there, since everybody gets the same tools to fight with.

But using hacked pokémon in the main games saying "competitive battling isn't about spending tons of hours into hatching some eggs" as an excuse is just desgusting. Not everyone has access to hacking tools, you know. If those are called "cheats", there is a reason.

Is it more respectful to have a noticeable stat advantage over people who do not have the time or patience to sit through hours of tedious grinding just to enjoy a few games? The one thing legal hacking does is make everybody even (assuming everybody's hacking that is).

Gen6?

What other one would I be referring to?

Well, Celebi, Mewtwo, and the XY Legendaries are already banned from WiFi rated battles, if I'm not mistaken. Smogon also banned Mewtwo, Yvetal, and Xerneas to uber, but allow Zyarde and Celebi.

If the restrictions that Alg mentioned are only applied to rated battles, then all those Pokémon could still be used in free battles.

Edited by Shuuda

Until there is a day one can modify their own IVs, most of the hackers will remain.

As long as the resulting Pokémon seems legit, sure why not. Saves time.

Also Pokémon like Celebi, Mew and such may be banned in official Nintendo tournaments. Excadrill and Sand Veil Garchomp are fine, so are evasive moves (I think). Just a different ruleset.

Edited by Woodshooter