Pokebank!!!

Meepo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait! For the first time since Soul Silver, I'm gonna complete my National Pokedex! And after I get that Shiny charm, I hope I'll be running into a lot of them with this gen's increased shiny rate.

And if anyone needs any pokemon, I'll be willing to get whatever you need.

...damn, this thread made me think it was out XD

(I knew it was soon, but not sure of the exact date...)

It's already out in Japan. I've battled some japanese guys with Latios, Latias, Cresselia, etc.

I'm thinking we should scrap the current tournament and make a Pokébank OU singles or doubles tournament. As long as people are hyped for Pokébank, that is.

It's sad to say so, but so far we haven't been lucky. Getting 4 people online at once with different timezones IS a difficult task, after all.

I'm thinking we should scrap the current tournament and make a Pokébank OU singles or doubles tournament. As long as people are hyped for Pokébank, that is.

It's sad to say so, but so far we haven't been lucky. Getting 4 people online at once with different timezones IS a difficult task, after all.

That sounds like a lot of fun; if it happens, I wanna participate!

apparently Serebii's poking around with the Transporter so far has turned up this:

"You need to move Pokémon into Box 1 in the Gen V game to be traded. There's no changing it as far as I can tell. It just booted me out because Box 1 was empty"

i literally cannot understand this what the fuck. this is the stupidest, most arbitrary thing i have ever heard. how the hell could anyone at Game Freak have taken a look at the possiblity and thought "yep this is totally a good idea and obviously won't inconvenience people in the slightest let's do it". somehow i doubt technological constraints are the cause here; after all, if the app can read one gen5 box with no problems, why the hell wouldn't it read all the others? this seems to be nothing but an extremely, extremely poor design choice

on a similar note, i'm a bit puzzled as to why Transporter is a separate application entirely from the Bank itself. i'd have thought the obvious thing to do would be to have the Transporter as part of the actual Bank program, which would have one obvious advantage: people would need to download just one thing from Nintendo's already shaky eShop servers as opposed to two, creating less server strain and fewer irritated customers

apparently Serebii's poking around with the Transporter so far has turned up this:

"You need to move Pokémon into Box 1 in the Gen V game to be traded. There's no changing it as far as I can tell. It just booted me out because Box 1 was empty"

i literally cannot understand this what the fuck. this is the stupidest, most arbitrary thing i have ever heard. how the hell could anyone at Game Freak have taken a look at the possiblity and thought "yep this is totally a good idea and obviously won't inconvenience people in the slightest let's do it". somehow i doubt technological constraints are the cause here; after all, if the app can read one gen5 box with no problems, why the hell wouldn't it read all the others? this seems to be nothing but an extremely, extremely poor design choice

on a similar note, i'm a bit puzzled as to why Transporter is a separate application entirely from the Bank itself. i'd have thought the obvious thing to do would be to have the Transporter as part of the actual Bank program, which would have one obvious advantage: people would need to download just one thing from Nintendo's already shaky eShop servers as opposed to two, creating less server strain and fewer irritated customers

I think they set it up that way because they wanted to make it so someone didn't get rid of all their pokemon at once

I think they set it up that way because they wanted to make it so someone didn't get rid of all their pokemon at once

It still seems stupid though. I don't see why they can't let you choose which box you want (they could notify you if all of your Pokemon are in that one box), rather than having to move everything you want to move into box 1. That's just pointless and tedious.

there are plenty of checks against that already which don't require deliberately handicapping the program's functionality. you always need to have a single Pokémon in your party, which can't be traded away or deposited, and certainly have never been able to be transferred in prior inter-generation transfer tools. that, or simply preventing transfer out of the party a la Pal Park migration, is all that's needed to prevent that scenario

alternatively if they did it to deliberately encumber players and thus prevent server overload, the answer is obvious: flood prevention. only allow one transfer batch every fifteen minutes or something. a much nicer solution than, again, deliberately crippling the software's ability to function and/or the user's patience

I can't wait! For the first time since Soul Silver, I'm gonna complete my National Pokedex! And after I get that Shiny charm, I hope I'll be running into a lot of them with this gen's increased shiny rate.

And if anyone needs any pokemon, I'll be willing to get whatever you need.

That would be awesome if I could get borrow some Pokemon just for Pokedex purposes...Never completed it before, so...

Edited by Interest

Yes, I'm so excited to be disadvantaged because I haven't shelled out money for BW2.

Knock off and Stealth Rock on everything... hmm.

Edit: In all seriousousness, I do worry that my enjoyment of battling may be effected somewhat by this development.

Edited by Shuuda

interesting news: that much-vaunted blocking of hacked Pokémon that Transporter was supposed to have? it's turned out to be a bad joke. while i'd argue that these are very mild examples of illegal Pokémon that rely on combinations of traits which i suspect nobody would really care to keep track of, it does still raise a few questions. namely, i find myself wondering about how TPC kinda made a big deal out of catching 1000+ cheaters in the last gen5 tournament, how effective that detection actually was, or even if they were just pulling the statistics out of their ass

(oh geez i've linked serebii and kotaku all in one day... what has happened to me)

What I will say is this; more legendaries to kick the shit out of is fun.

What's that, Darkrai? You want to use Dark Void? Sorry, but my good buddies, Hariyama and Reuniclus, have something to say to that.

...aaand pokebank has been possibly delayed in International regions and removed from the japanese eshop due to server load. Not surprised~

(Do I need to bother linking to Serebii?)

Are we to assume that's the "offical" reason, or the only reason?

AHAHAHAH.

Good excuse.

Now work on that thing a little more and fix the hacking issue without people noticing, Nintendo.

Smart one.

Knowing Nintendo, it could very well be only that they were not prepared for the amount of people using the service.

But let's hope that's why they did it.