about Virion's character...

ClassyWolf

I just wonder if it's just me thinking about how to describe Virions character.

I mean, he is supposed to be flirtatious, a bit of a coward and speaks in a french accent.

I just think he is supposed to be a french stereotype and wonder how i haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, I mean I have seen people describe Tharja as a yandere and Severa as a tsundere, but I have yet to stumble upon anyone trying to describe Virion in such a way.

Virion is a mix of chivalrous pervert with some comically serious moments, whereas he acts silly or serious about his silliness.

You could probably find a few more tropes that he's associated with by going here

Edited by Rapier

Rosanne is probably the France of FE:A considering Cherche is a French name (actually it's a French verb), and with the accent and all... though then I wonder why Cherche has no accent.

Rosanne is probably the France of FE:A considering Cherche is a French name (actually it's a French verb), and with the accent and all... though then I wonder why Cherche has no accent.

while that is probably true, it's one of the things in awakening that makes me scrach my head, they have their version of France close to what you could call Japan of that world, and yet they have apparently very little in common what we know of (clothing, style of fighting etc.), and Chon'sin has been isolated enough to have a culture independent of the rest of the continent, yet open enough to not belive in Mila and Doma.

Off topic I know, but something that i think is a bit strange.

Good point about Cherche btw

while that is probably true, it's one of the things in awakening that makes me scrach my head, they have their version of France close to what you could call Japan of that world, and yet they have apparently very little in common what we know of (clothing, style of fighting etc.), and Chon'sin has been isolated enough to have a culture independent of the rest of the continent, yet open enough to not belive in Mila and Doma.

Off topic I know, but something that i think is a bit strange.

Good point about Cherche btw

I'm pretty disappointed you never get to see them, at least label them on the map.

That and no mention of that Desert nation that Kamui and Jesse made

I'm pretty disappointed you never get to see them, at least label them on the map.

That and no mention of that Desert nation that Kamui and Jesse made

That anoyed me to.

And I wonder where Khadein dissapered, you know, the place where they make and teach magic.

... And if Merric and Ellice did have kids, because they should tecnicaly be able to wield the falchion so i thought that would have been a bit interresting

Virion can't be described in one word because he's not a one-note character like the rest. He's one of the few well written ones.

I have no inteligent way of saying what I wan't to so that it makes sense.

He is a character who uses his initial expression in awakening as a base for his character to be built on, so I think he is more like the characters in 7-9 than a lot of the cast in this game.

I have no idea if that made any sense but I hope undertand what I mean?

Virion can't be described in one word because he's not a one-note character like the rest. He's one of the few well written ones.

Agree he's more than just a playboy charmer, he's actually quite a intelligent man and a sweetie.

Very underated.

Ahh Virion. The Man Who Got Jipped Because They Wasted A Perfectly Good Plot.

:(:

Hes a ladies man and tries to flirt with just about any female who looks good. However, this is not his true character. Virion has a way with strategy, however, due to his more pragmatic methods, he feels himself unfit to command an army. He knows that rushing men to their deaths is a bad move. In his supports with Avatar, they are playing a game that strongly resembles cyvasse. lol and Virion exhausts his forces but keeps winning the game. Avatar loses but is preserving his/her forces. Its Virion who points this out. That kinda tells you a lot about Virion. His running from Rosanne was a decision based on the survival of his people. His supports with Panne and Cherche cover this. Panne initially calls him out on being a coward, but Virion does eventually say "yeah, it was a craven move, but had i forced my hand, my people would be dead." Cherche understands cuz she was there when this event happened. In fact, its the reason why she continued to follow him. Virion tells her that she no longer needs be a vassal to him due to him losing his lands. "You owe me no service" is more or less his words. She explains why she continues to side with him. (Plus he really gives a shit about her. The only person who believed in him after the mess. Awww.)

What really gets my Gungnir in a twist? The game doesnt go into further detail about Walhart's taking of Rosanne and doesnt explore the consequences directly. It would have been amazing to have a chapter about that. Virion could have had a pretty strong subplot if the writers actually freaking gave a snot! *shakes fist*

Especially if they had tied in Rosanne to the whole Wyvern hunting business with Gregor and Gerome. That would have worked well. Such a shame that Valm is a military-only zone.

Hey....YEAH! Hell, just putting Rosanne on the map would have been nice. D:

What really gets my Gungnir in a twist? The game doesnt go into further detail about Walhart's taking of Rosanne and doesnt explore the consequences directly. It would have been amazing to have a chapter about that. Virion could have had a pretty strong subplot if the writers actually freaking gave a snot! *shakes fist*

Yeah I kinda wished that they expanded more on some of the characters' backstories, but they'd rather waste Paralogue space with Tiki and the dead characters, so the only way some characters get more development is in the children's paralogues, and even then it's only the females. :(

I can dream about an Awakening anime series where they explain some of the loose ends, I can dream...

Yeah I kinda wished that they expanded more on some of the characters' backstories, but they'd rather waste Paralogue space with Tiki and the dead characters, so the only way some characters get more development is in the children's paralogues, and even then it's only the females. :(

I can dream about an Awakening anime series where they explain some of the loose ends, I can dream...

And stupid Anna Versus Bandit bullshit. I loathe those Paralogues so much cuz they just suck.

Or you can help yourself to this: http://serenesforest.net/gallery/fe13comic.html

Anna loves to die to those bandits in my game. I HATE THOSE LEVELS SO MUCH.

I'm not fond of those levels either, but mostly because Anna either kills some bandits and steals my exp or dies before I get into position (the AI changes once Anna dies or the village is smashed/visited). Now, the villager level... I beat it. With none of the villagers dieing. When I unlocked it. On Lunatic. It was fun. I almost feel like writing a guide on how to do it, it was so stupid. Why couldn't we have a defend map where the helpless dudes run, you know, away from the bad guys?

I'm not fond of those levels either, but mostly because Anna either kills some bandits and steals my exp or dies before I get into position (the AI changes once Anna dies or the village is smashed/visited). Now, the villager level... I beat it. With none of the villagers dieing. When I unlocked it. On Lunatic. It was fun. I almost feel like writing a guide on how to do it, it was so stupid. Why couldn't we have a defend map where the helpless dudes run, you know, away from the bad guys?

The villagers are too much into the Risen's territory. I just spam Rescue.

About the Anna recruitment level, it really is frustrating when an axe guy has 15% chance to hit and his attack connects, bringing Anna to low HP. Then the archers finish her. Ugh.

Edited by Malebolganone

Or you can help yourself to this: http://serenesforest.net/gallery/fe13comic.html

Minerva is a better story teller than the game. And...Dat Henry Tale. *sniff* Its much less humorous than the game's telling..

Those Paralogues arent that hard cuz i usually dont do them until mid-to-late game. I just think they are pointless.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I put off the Paralogue until my team can just smash through the enemy.

The best time to do those if after chapter 9. Emmeryn's just commited suicide Chrom and co are on the run. But let's stop and feed some kills to a village boy. Or rescue some idiot villagers from suiciding on Pegasus Knights.

That doesn't break the flow of the story at all. Nope.

I put off the Paralogue until my team can just smash through the enemy.

The best time to do those if after chapter 9. Emmeryn's just commited suicide Chrom and co are on the run. But let's stop and feed some kills to a village boy. Or rescue some idiot villagers from suiciding on Pegasus Knights.

That doesn't break the flow of the story at all. Nope.

You are free to proceed to Chapter 10 if you want and leave the paralogues for later. They won't run from you. Problem solved.

You are free to proceed to Chapter 10 if you want and leave the paralogues for later. They won't run from you. Problem solved.

You don't get it. What breaks the story flow is that you're free to fuck around (quite literally, if characters get S supports in between) in what is supposed to be a critical moment.

The last FE game to have a World Map still forced you to go straight to the next chapter in some instances where it would break the story flow to allow you do anything else.