Something that has always bugged me...

Wake

As always, if this exists somewhere else, please tell me and i'll cease and desist at once. No need for smiting. **looks nervously at the Mods**

But anyway, I really enjoy playing Fire Emblem 7. It's definitely my favorite game in the series, by far. But something has always bugged me about it.

And that, my friends and other people, is the lack of personality in the Tactician. I mean, seriously, he's the #1 main character of the story , he's you, and he has no dialogue, no personality, no development, NOTHING!

And I downright despise dislike that. He or she is destined to be forever alone, possibly fought over like some sort of toy that two children want(depending on their tactical prowness), but either way, we don't know his/her feelings.

(Agenda pushing time!)

I really would sell my soul to my little brother (who wants to murder me with a Nerf gun. War crimes /rolls eyes) for a remake of FE7 with an Awakening style Tactician. Thoughts on this?

I really would sell my soul to my little brother (who wants to murder me with a Nerf gun. War crimes /rolls eyes) for a remake of FE7 with an Awakening style Tactician. Thoughts on this?

No.

Remake FE7 with a playable tactician with a personality like FE13 did, and we'll get FE13 the second and the return of the waifu wars. There are way too many dudes who want their tactician to hook up with Lyn already, when FE7's tactician is already some faceless, non-speaking character. I don't want to imagine what will happen when the game actually allows them to hook up with Lyn. So no, I do NOT want FE7 remade with the tactician like that of FE13's.

As a tactician, I wouldn't expect you to encounter significant amounts of combat.

Soren acts as the tactician for the Greil Merceneries, yet you can have him fight alongside everybody else. So, I don't see what's wrong by making the "self-insert" tactician play a part in the fighting.

"There are way too many dudes who want their tactician to hook up with Lyn already..."

Not going to say it. Not going to say it!

**sigh** Going to say it...

I totally want Lyn as my waifu...

Edited by Mason

Remake FE7 with a playable tactician with a personality like FE13 did, and we'll get FE13 the second and the return of the waifu wars. There are way too many dudes who want their tactician to hook up with Lyn already, when FE7's tactician is already some faceless, non-speaking character. I don't want to imagine what will happen when the game actually allows them to hook up with Lyn. So no, I do NOT want FE7 remade with the tactician like that of FE13's.

I don't really like the tactician in FE7 either, but I'd actually go the other way with it. The game's story works perfectly fine without the tactician (with the minor exception of the very beginning of Lyn's journey) and I always kind of find myself just wishing he (I?) wasn't there. I actually kind of like silent protagonists, but they work better in games with smaller casts, where there isn't so much telling the story through dialogue. I do like the avatar in Awakening, but that story is made with him/her in mind. Introducing a similar character to FE7 would mean either messing with the story to accommodate them, or just making their minor role in the story all the more glaring.

Although...

Not going to say it. Not going to say it!

**sigh** Going to say it...

I totally want Lyn as my waifu...

Yeah, not even going to try to deny this. Lyn is awesome.

On a side note, I actually think the idea for the player character in Dream of Five is kind of genius, where the player is the person telling the story.

This. Especially when we get horribly written versions of FE7's Tacticians.

I'd rather fe7's tactian stays the way they are

It worked fine imo, while I will admit I wanted a custom fe character for the longest time, I never realized how broken it would be. Easily one of the best units in Fe12 although that game even on stuff lower then lunatic retains teamwork.

In fe13 if you want to solo the game by yourself quite literally you can.

I'd rather all tacticians except Soren not exist. Because of, ya know, bad Mary Sue fanfics. And no tactician means no Lyn/Tactician, Eliwood/Tactician, etc. I much prefer the characters being set in stone and not Self inserts.

That being said...

As always, if this exists somewhere else, please tell me and i'll cease and desist at once. No need for smiting. **looks nervously at the Mods**

But anyway, I really enjoy playing Fire Emblem 7. It's definitely my favorite game in the series, by far. But something has always bugged me about it.

And that, my friends and other people, is the lack of personality in the Tactician. I mean, seriously, he's the #1 main character of the story , he's you, and he has no dialogue, no personality, no development, NOTHING!

And I downright despise dislike that. He or she is destined to be forever alone, possibly fought over like some sort of toy that two children want(depending on their tactical prowness), but either way, we don't know his/her feelings.

(Agenda pushing time!)

Eliwood would like a word with you. He is the true hero of FE7, not Lyn, not Hector, and certainly not the Tactician. The tactician has no importance at all after Lyn's story is complete.

Eliwood would like a word with you. He is the true hero of FE7, not Lyn, not Hector, and certainly not the Tactician. The tactician has no importance at all after Lyn's story is complete.

Considering the tactician is you, the player, after Lyn's story is complete the story would literally not progress were it not for the tactician.

Considering the tactician is you, the player, after Lyn's story is complete the story would literally not progress were it not for the tactician.

You can play Hector/Eliwood's story with no tactician present. It's not recommended since you miss out on Lyn's tale levels, but it is possible.

My point was that the Tactician is not the main hero of the game. Eliwood is.