why do people like Katarina?

Katarina isn't that popular, but the popularity she has is well-deserved. She's a good character and unlike most Fire Emblem characters, has quite a bit of time to develop who she is, what she's feeling and her relation to Gharnef/Eremiya. People are complaining that she's not competent as an assassin, but it's not like we know what Eremiya was doing to train them, other than it was harsh on them.

She just really existed to appeal to the moe crowd and reignite Nino's popularity. She was meaningless in the prologue, her nickname of "Eine" is a living plothole, and it was way too obvious that she'd turn evil.

I disagree, Katarina and Nino are nothing alike in my opinion. Whilst I'm sure they're both considered 'cute' by their fans, they have nothing in terns if design or character. You can find a resemblance in their back story, sure, but that's the limits of their similarities.

People are complaining that she's not competent as an assassin

Personally, i have no issues, because is is obvious that she sort of wants to fail and is probably subconsciously sabotaging her own efforts.

I disagree, Katarina and Nino are nothing alike in my opinion. Whilst I'm sure they're both considered 'cute' by their fans, they have nothing in terns if design or character. You can find a resemblance in their back story, sure, but that's the limits of their similarities.

I'll grant you that apart from backstory, class and cuteness, their personalities are quite different.

Though while Nino is a innocent, naïve child, Katarina is fully aware of what she's doing, but her character is surprisingly nonexistent, mostly taking cues from Rei Ayanami and running with them as far as they can go.

I'll grant you that apart from backstory, class and cuteness, their personalities are quite different.

Though while Nino is a innocent, naïve child, Katarina is fully aware of what she's doing, but her character is surprisingly nonexistent, mostly taking cues from Rei Ayanami and running with them as far as they can go.

i don't know, i think Rei had more of a character. or atleast a wider range of emotions.

I'm more perplexed by the people who hate her. She's one of the few characters in the series who gets significant character and plot development, that alone puts her leagues ahead of most of the characters already outside of battle. As a battle character though, she's rather subpar. However, female sages are the most powerful unit in the game if used right, almost brokenly so, and Linde is your only other option if I remember correctly.

Also, she's the male MC's bitch, I'm sure that won over a lot of people.

Edited by KaazaLite

I don't hate her as much as I don't see why she was added in the first place. But maybe that's just the games fault, and not the character.

she felt like a shoved romance for MU

What's with the whole "Assasins plot took over the game" thing? As far as I'm concerned, Assasins is a subplot, with only 6 gaiden chapters directly dedicated to it. While Hardin is still the main plot. So...???

To be fair the game could've been done completely without it like the original FE3. I don't think it enhanced the story that much.

But then the complaints would be that it is the exact same as FE3. Which happens a lot with SD. I personally like the Assasins subplot a lot.

But then the complaints would be that it is the exact same as FE3. Which happens a lot with SD. I personally like the Assasins subplot a lot.

SD added gaidens but added them really badly.

There probably could've been a better idea to add certain characters. What about trying to convince Barts to leave piracy with the help of Bord, Cord and/or Oguma? That's simple enough and could be inserted right after chapter 4 which happens to be the only chapter with actual pirates. Tomas, Michelan and Tomth could've had their own gaiden close to the endgame and refer them as border patrol.

Considering Gharnef likely had control over the Assassins for quite some time thanks to his corrupting influence, why did the subplot happen in this game rather than the prequel. Roro and Kleine are certainly in their adulthood at this point.

Considering Gharnef likely had control over the Assassins for quite some time thanks to his corrupting influence, why did the subplot happen in this game rather than the prequel. Roro and Kleine are certainly in their adulthood at this point.

Well, Gharnef didnt really view Marth as a threat back in SD. He says he's not nearly imposing enough in Chapter 15 and constantly underestimates him. He probably didnt care enough about him to send his Assasins to get him back then. In new mystery, he has reason to send them to get his head. He views him as more of a threat to his plans now.

Edited by PKL