Should the next Fire Emblem be associated with Awakening?

Zukonima

Do you think that the story in the next core Fire Emblem should be related to the story and characters of Awakening? Or should they introduce an entirely new story and cast of characters? I would be happy if either happened, they may stick to Awakening characters to make it more recognizable and familiar to people who only played Awakening, but they also might create a new cast of characters to keep the series fresh.

Edited by Zukonima

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nononononono.

No.

Hell no.

NO.

*NO*.

It's a fanservice game, meant to take items from all the different FE games. The execution was good enough, seeing as it isn't one of the best when it comes to story... but it exploded in popularity everywhere.

In the perspective of story, I would definitely rather have something completely new.

I want a new world with new characters. Awakening was fun and great, but I can't see them continuing the story in a way that would be doable with the story or pleasing to the majority of the fanbase; the only thing I think could work is if they did a prequel with the First Exalt or a sidequel focusing on the children's doomed timeline (which was sorta done with Future Past DLC), and even then I kinda want to explore a new land that has no ties to Archanea or Valencia (unless we're talking Magvel here; I'd also be totally on board for a prequel or sequel or something having to do with poor, neglected Magvel).

I love the game but its story has come full circle. I can't see how they could expand on it. Considering there are even people who found Radiant Dawn to be unnecessary, a sequel to Awakening would be even less so.

I think what they could do is add Chrom and Lucina to the next SSB. Makes much more sense than Marth, in a way. Ok, Marth is the first lord and the face of the series, but Awakening had a broader exposition and bigger success worldwide, so Chrom is more recognizable to the Western audiences. Of course, the game is Japanese so Marth over Chrom makes more sense, but IMO Chrom and Lucina would boost the sales of the game, considering how popular the characters are to everyone outside of... And this is where I end before saying too much. ;)

Edited by Malebolganone

I want something completely new. Awakening is a great game, but I'm tired of stuff relating to Marth's world. We need an ENTIRELY new title. New world, new continent, new everything.

Edited by Anacybele

So far it has been the case with most Fire Emblems that they stick in the same continent for 2 games, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I'm fine with a sequel/prequel to awakening as long as they find a story that works.

I would prefer a new game of course, but I don't think there would be anything wrong or weird about staying in the awakening world for a game longer.

Except this continent has had FIVE games now, including the Marth remakes. Six if you count FE2 because Alm's continent is in the same world. Ylisse is the future version of Altea/Archanea/whichever, remember?

Edited by Anacybele

I'd rather have them develop an existing world rather than create a new world.

All things considered, I'd like to see a game based in Valentia in the immediate (or not so immediate) aftermath of Alm and Celica's tale. Definitely nothing related to Walhart or Chon'sin though. Good god no.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

I'd rather have them develop an existing world rather than create a new world.

All things considered, I'd like to see a game based in Valentia in the immediate (or not so immediate) aftermath of Alm and Celica's tale. Definitely nothing related to Walhart or Chon'sin though. Good god no.

Actually, considering how very, very little we know about Chon'sin, I wouldn't mind SOME backstory. Not an entire game, mind you, but at least something.

I love the game but its story has come full circle. I can't see how they could expand on it. Considering there are even people who found Radiant Dawn to be unnecessary, a sequel to Awakening would be even less so.

I think what they could do is add Chrom and Lucina to the next SSB. Makes much more sense than Marth, in a way. Ok, Marth is the first lord and the face of the series, but Awakening had a broader exposition and bigger success worldwide, so Chrom is more recognizable to the Western audiences. Of course, the game is Japanese so Marth over Chrom makes more sense, but IMO Chrom and Lucina would boost the sales of the game, considering how popular the characters are to everyone outside of... And this is where I end before saying too much. ;)

SSB says otherwise, by many millions of copies.

Ideally, no, but I could see it happening to appeal to the new fans. It scares me how many Miiverse users are asking for a sequel to Awakening's "epic story" >_>

Just because a lot of people ask for something doesn't mean it will actually happen. Remember how many people requested Geno for Brawl? Yeah, that never happened.

Let's expand on Fe2 or Fe8. Or make something new

My personal bias wants to see more Jugdral, Elibe or Tellius so go with my first thought

FE8 has more room for expansion than 2 due to a large war in the backstory that's largely unknown and has a lot of potential, and an impending calamity that could be a good source of a new conflict. A FE2 sidestory would require some sort of localisation of FE2, and if a JP only game is going to be remade I'd rather it be FE4+5.

I want an Elibe game about the Scouring. Elibe is by far my favourite world in the series, and I want to know more about the scouring.

The 8 Legends would be interesting, but 8 lords... I suppose Roland would be the lord and the 7 would be important lf koed can't die deals. Also I wonder if they would reference "The song of Roland" even more. The names of most of the 8 heroes are in that poem

FE8 has more room for expansion than 2 due to a large war in the backstory that's largely unknown and has a lot of potential, and an impending calamity that could be a good source of a new conflict. A FE2 sidestory would require some sort of localisation of FE2, and if a JP only game is going to be remade I'd rather it be FE4+5.

True true. Although if they remake fe4 and 5. They will have to be very careful how they go about them lest they mess up what made them so unique

I reckon the most likely one to be remade is FE6, due to FE7 getting an overseas release

I wouldn't mind seeing a game connected to The Sacred Stones or a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War. But I would be fine with something entirely new as well. I don't think Awakening has enough plot to deserve a new game connected it it though.

I reckon the most likely one to be remade is FE6, due to FE7 getting an overseas release

Roy did help us get FE after all alongside Marth. I also reckon SF with its more renewed interest in fe6 wouldn't be against it either.

Although many of us would like to see something like Fe5 again

It'd could make some sense since Awakening is more recognizable than previous entries. It isn't like they couldn't tell a completely different story and in a involving the same continents for example using Valm/Valencia as the main portion of the game rather than Akaneia, they'd have a greater opportunity to expand upon the Akaneia/Valencia universe in a way.

Or they(IS) could risk it all and try something absolutely different like their Fire Emblem on mars idea.