Jill & Zihark

The CRKs also have only 3 chapters to level up in before they join the GMs and they don't get a lot of exp in those chapters. Their availability screws them. At least it's not as bad as Tormod's group. IS should've thought more about character availability.

It went something like this...

IS: So? How do you like our new FE game?

FE fan: It's pretty damn good, but what happened to Tormod's group?

IS: Oh shit! We'll uh... put them in... we just forgot, haha *goes to edit RD*

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It went something like this...

IS: So? How do you like our new FE game?

FE fan: It's pretty damn good, but what happened to Tormod's group?

IS: Oh shit! We'll uh... put them in... we just forgot, haha *goes to edit RD*

I think IS hates Tormod. He got screwed in both FEs.

I think IS hates Tormod. He got screwed in both FEs.

I don't really think so. He was a bit of a Nino in PoR, since he seemed to be the only mage who could double attack, survive a hit and move well at the same time.

If anybody sucks it's Muarim... availability AND usefulness...

Muarim was good in PoR though. If anyone got screwed over in availability, it's Lucia.

Yeah pretty much this. She gets like, what... 4 chapters before endgame?

The Dawn Brigade is seriously underrated. If any team's the worst in the game, it's the Crimean Royal Knights.

That is most certainly true. At least Eddie and Nolan can turn out all right when they're trained well.

That is most certainly true. At least Eddie and Nolan can turn out all right when they're trained well.

While Edward and Nolan are both awesome, I think Aran is even better than Nolan. He is usually stronger than Neph at the endgame (at least for me), and he has some defense, unlike Nolan. And if Jill counts as DB, then she's another great unit for them.

The Dawn Brigade isn't bad, it is just underleveled in Part 3 compared to the enemies. And I have to agree that the Crimean Army is the worst. It's got Kieran and Nephenee who are awesome, and Elincia, Brom, Haar, Marcia, and Geoffrey who are ok, and that's it. And you get Nephenee, Brom, and Haar in the Greil Mercs., so some don't even consider them Crimean Army members.

Too true. Add to that list Zihark, Jill, Sothe, and Aran. Zihark is the best Swordmaster in the game and the others are great characters as well, even if Nephenee > Aran and Haar > Jill.

Too true. Add to that list Zihark, Jill, Sothe, and Aran. Zihark is the best Swordmaster in the game and the others are great characters as well, even if Nephenee > Aran and Haar > Jill.
Actually Edward is way more proficient in Strength and Defence than Zihark when he OH DEAR GOD NO NOT ANOTHER TRUEBLADE DEBATE DX

I honestly prefer the Dawn Brigade over the mercenaries. The mercenaries have an easy ride, to the extent that their levels are too high for their opponents for most of them to get good experience from. I'm not sure if everyone actually abuses the Jeigans in their second run after knowing how few levels the Dawn Brigade have to catch up, or if they do give them an honest level up and then compare them to the other teams in the game.

Though going through their missions again, I find that they're actually a lot easier than the first time. I'm not just talking experience on how to handle the units as my strategy is unchanged, but in that they are generally much easier and less stressful to handle (which is a bit of a shame, since the stress factor helped make them great IMO). But it's actually easy to overlook the massive amount of experience the Dawn Brigade can get in their chapters; never mind the ones with paragon, everyone (besides Micaiah, who in my experience cruises through part 4 before the endgame) can gain a good few easy levels in them; if you're only training a select few, then it's even easier to get them to catch up to the mercenaries. At least, in my experience.

Eh.

I believe it's more like Zihark = Edward = Mia. They all have things in their favors that makes it hard to pick a clear winner.

I also believe that Nephenee = Aran. One's a tank, the other's a glass cannon. Personal preference, really. Haar > Jill, though. :P

Eh.

I believe it's more like Zihark = Edward = Mia. They all have things in their favors that makes it hard to pick a clear winner.

I also believe that Nephenee = Aran. One's a tank, the other's a glass cannon. Personal preference, really. Haar > Jill, though. :P

I can see that, and I understand why someone would say that. I see it as Zihark > Mia > Edward > Lucia > Stefan. Zihark for starting awesome on a fairly weak team, Mia for being awesome altogether, Edward for turning out awesome, Lucia for having a chapter of usefulness, Stefan for being useless.

I hate Aran's low speed. Yeah, he has awesome defense, but he's doubled so often I find it hardly matters. Haar > Jill, but I value Jill's abilities over Haar's.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

The Dawn Brigade isn't bad, it is just underleveled in Part 3 compared to the enemies. And I have to agree that the Crimean Army is the worst. It's got Kieran and Nephenee who are awesome, and Elincia, Brom, Haar, Marcia, and Geoffrey who are ok, and that's it. And you get Nephenee, Brom, and Haar in the Greil Mercs., so some don't even consider them Crimean Army members.

Where are you coming from with Kieran being great??? He isn't that good.

"Glass cannon" doesn't fit Nephenee. She doesn't hit hard enough to be one. She's more of a fragile speedster. Personally, Lucius (different game, but still) screams glass cannon to me.

I hate Aran's low speed. Yeah, he has awesome defense, but he's doubled so often I find it hardly matters. Haar > Jill, but I value Jill's abilities over Haar's.

And I hate Nephenee's low defense and strength. Sure, she's fast, but she doesn't dodge well enough to make up for her low defense. And while she doubles often, she doesn't really do that much damage other than against mages, but anyone can off them easily. As for Jill, I never could bring myself to give her a chance, except once. And that one time I DID use her was on Easy mode. I ended up not taking her to Endgame that playthrough. Jill's base HP, at a mere 24, is lackluster, especially for her level. Come to think of it, that base HP is closer to what you might expect from a pegasus knight than from a wyvern rider. And there's the fact that she can't hit the side of a barn, which is my reason for not liking most axe users (they tend to lack skill; I'm looking at YOU, Dart).

Where are you coming from with Kieran being great??? He isn't that good.

"Glass cannon" doesn't fit Nephenee. She doesn't hit hard enough to be one. She's more of a fragile speedster. Personally, Lucius (different game, but still) screams glass cannon to me.

And I hate Nephenee's low defense and strength. Sure, she's fast, but she doesn't dodge well enough to make up for her low defense. And while she doubles often, she doesn't really do that much damage other than against mages, but anyone can off them easily. As for Jill, I never could bring myself to give her a chance, except once. And that one time I DID use her was on Easy mode. I ended up not taking her to Endgame that playthrough. Jill's base HP, at a mere 24, is lackluster, especially for her level. Come to think of it, that base HP is closer to what you might expect from a pegasus knight than from a wyvern rider. And there's the fact that she can't hit the side of a barn, which is my reason for not liking most axe users (they tend to lack skill; I'm looking at YOU, Dart).

I agree with the last part hardcore. Jill feels more like a Pegasus knight then dragon knight... perhaps if I treated her more like a Pegasus knight I'd be more satisfied with how she turned out... she'd greatly benefit transfer bonus more anyone around in the dawn brigade chapters anyway.... [sothe and Zihark like it but don't really need it to balance out.]

On the topic of Nephenee she doesn't really become helpful till she gains a good 5-7 levels. Personally Aran and Danved serve their teams better then she does I think.

I find that it's overall more beneficial to recruit Jill and Zihark. They'll be behind the rest of Ike's team for sure, but they'll be on par with the enemies, and if you abuse them for the first chapter or so, they should catch up fairly quickly. Plus you get all that extra BEXP once the Crimean Knights join. So there's no lack for the two of them there.

As for the DB, it gives other units a chance to shine, and get more exp that would have been taken by Jill and Zihark. Sure it's a little tougher, but the DB levels are fairly simple anyway.

I find that it's overall more beneficial to recruit Jill and Zihark. They'll be behind the rest of Ike's team for sure, but they'll be on par with the enemies, and if you abuse them for the first chapter or so, they should catch up fairly quickly. Plus you get all that extra BEXP once the Crimean Knights join. So there's no lack for the two of them there.

As for the DB, it gives other units a chance to shine, and get more exp that would have been taken by Jill and Zihark. Sure it's a little tougher, but the DB levels are fairly simple anyway.

Not really. The DB chapters are quite a bit harder than the GM chapters. Also, the DB chapters are experience wells. They just spout experience due to lolaguz. It'd probably be more beneficial to everyone if they stayed put.

Not really. The DB chapters are quite a bit harder than the GM chapters. Also, the DB chapters are experience wells. They just spout experience due to lolaguz. It'd probably be more beneficial to everyone if they stayed put.

The first chapter with the DB in part 3, Jill and Zihark will be there either way.

And the chapters are harder, but there's not much thought needed to be put into it. The best strategies are pretty obvious. Block enemies off with tougher units, have ranged units behind to finish people, and have Micaiah/Laura heal.

So they're a little tougher, but pretty straight forward.

And Jill and Zihark will be at a higher level then the rest of the DB if you recruit them into Ike's team, even with the excessive EXP gained from killing a laguz. It's better if you just let the rest of the DB kill them for EXP.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Once again, Jill and Zihark will be underleveled if they join the Greil Mercenaries, they're going to have more and better competition than if they'd stayed wihy Daein, and if they joined the mercenaries, I'd have to kick out two (more likely good than not) units to field them. So what we have here is a situation where all three parties involved lose more than they gain (The Dawn Brigade loses two of their best units, the Greil Mercenaries lose two units of their own just to field an underleveled Jill and Zihark, and Jill and Zihark themselves lose whatever supports they had before defecting [unless they were supporting each other, that is], in addition to a guaranteed spot on the DB maps. Where is the benefit here? Long story short: There isn't any, or at least there isn't enough to counteract the sacrifices each party has to make.).

Edited by Fayt Raybrandt