Well.. I got a laptop. But

Jedi

Its keyboard needs fixing and its wireless card needs replacing. It runs off XP

But I got it from a guy in dorm for 20$. Fixing it up will still be cheaper then getting a laptop from the store. And I won't be able to use much internet on it anyways.. but if I could get the fe modules on it and maybe eventually the wireless card and a hotspot.. I could make due on my promise of having one during job corps.

whats wrong with the keypad and the wifi card?

also as an alternative to taking it in to a shop

-usb wifi devices those generally run for 10 dollars or so (i think thats less than the repair)

I've have this one, haven't tried it yet though everything I've gotten from the site has worked well

https://www.adafruit.com/products/814

-a usb keypad (roughly 10 dollars for a really cheap one most are 20 dollars or so) though this is somewhat counter productive to portability

Edited by Wintersmith

Dunno how much a replacement keyboard costs, but if you're handy with a screwdriver/patient/not working with certain Lenovo things, you might be able to do that. Wireless might be a bit more complicated.

Dunno how much a replacement keyboard costs, but if you're handy with a screwdriver/patient/not working with certain Lenovo things, you might be able to do that. Wireless might be a bit more complicated.

Its looking to be around like 5$ for a keyboard deal and the WiFi card should be around 30$ for a decent one.

Do you mind me asking what kind of laptop you have?

A dell Latitude | D510

The processor is an Intel® Celeron® M

150 GHz and 504 MB of Ram

Aka a piece of junk I have to upgrade massively

Ikr

OK I wised up. Sold it back now checking craigslist and amazon for decent laptops for low prices

Lol back where I started because that was a dumb thing to get