Smirks' Sprites

Lt.Smirks

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't think he's being lowered far enough, especially since he bends his knee completely to the ground. He'd be lowered considerably. It's also because the other leg doesn't move much at all.

2fc3647c74.jpg There's no way he could bend his right leg that much while his left left still stands pretty much straight.

Edited by Lord of Gabriel Knight

I still don't think he's being lowered far enough, especially since he bends his knee completely to the ground. He'd be lowered considerably. It's also because the other leg doesn't move much at all.

2fc3647c74.jpg There's no way he could bend his right leg that much while his left left still stands pretty much straight.

Agreed, his stance needs to go deeper - It'd be much less bracing otherwise.

The animation for the archer is actually pretty nifty. I would suggest to fix the leg anatomy, as said above, to spruce it up. Another thing might be to give him a quiver to pull an arrow from after shooting? As it is, the arrow just...appears when he resets. At least, that is what it looks like.

vljCYlE.gif

Now with 25% more kneel!

@alpha- Yeah I'm not quite sure what to do with the "getting a new arrow thing".

I don't want a quiver because I like for this particular sprite to be very inept and unprepared, hence carrying an arrow in his hand; he didn't have the foresight to bring a quiver.

@deranger- yes. As I mentioned before, the dodge will be completely redone.

I still think magically pulling it out of his pouch/bad would work... Or just pull it out from behind his back much like the Warrior.

Kneel looks much better! Great job!

Edit: ooooh... Crazy idea, but what if he only has one arrow? ...and he has to go take it back/pull it out of the enemy? :D

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

New archer dodge.

Qe0AWcV.gif

@Errant- Retrieving the arrow would be awesome but I don't think you could make it work with a ranged attack. A close attack would be easy. So unless I confined his range to one tile...

@Singularity- I know I don't have to have played the game but I wouldn't have any idea what to sprite, what style to sprite it in or even where to start. :/

Here's all my "neophyte" animations so far. (no, I don't like the name either)

vljCYlE.gif

Hc6BCwG.gif

Qe0AWcV.gif

vyi3Yyz.gif

And an animation for my battle sprite comp. entry.

still missing 4 frames.

Edited by Lt.Smirks

• 3 weeks later...