The perfect Swordmaster

Armsthrift? *Facepalm* You're better off leaving that skill slot to almost ANYTHING else. Aggressor should only be used in a situation where you don't already have a -faire skill equipped. The only real "choice" that you have when choosing procs are Luna, Ignis, and Vengeance. Vengeance isn't as useful unless it's in V/V, which only Tome-Wielding classes can take advantage of, leaving that slot for Luna or Ignis.

AT makes things incredibly convenient, because you don't have to go buy and forge everything, and you can also have a wider variety of weapons with you. And Aggressor + Faire is good. Really good. Especially on a SM where they really need the strength. Partner that with Luna, and they can do tons of damage.

AT makes things incredibly convenient, because you don't have to go buy and forge everything, and you can also have a wider variety of weapons with you. And Aggressor + Faire is good. Really good. Especially on a SM where they really need the strength. Partner that with Luna, and they can do tons of damage.

AT is still useless. It doesn't provide any actual advantage in battle besides saving you some gold. Thing is, the only swords worth using are braves. And they're already infinite. I'm assuming that he also has a silver card, giving you access to a brave sword for about 1000 gold. That's a single Bullion(s). Aggressor+Faire may be good, but you're using a skill slot that can be used on MANY better skills. You could leave it to Ignis, for example, and get yourself about an 80% chance of a proc (w/ Luna). Aggressor also only works on your turn, and most of the fight is during the enemy turn. MaMU can't get Galeforce to get +10 twice a turn either.

AT is still useless. It doesn't provide any actual advantage in battle besides saving you some gold. Thing is, the only swords worth using are braves. And they're already infinite. I'm assuming that he also has a silver card, giving you access to a brave sword for about 1000 gold. That's a single Bullion(s). Aggressor+Faire may be good, but you're using a skill slot that can be used on MANY better skills. You could leave it to Ignis, for example, and get yourself about an 80% chance of a proc (w/ Luna). Aggressor also only works on your turn, and most of the fight is during the enemy turn. MaMU can't get Galeforce to get +10 twice a turn either.

MaMU + Galeforce Wife = Yeah he does. [And at least one of those is Support, so it's +10*8 on that attack. That's a kill on anything where base Attack is breaking Even and no Dragonskin. That's 40 on anything with Dragonskin.]

Characters do not exist in vacuum.

MaMU doesn't have anything in his way of Double Procs, Agg, Faire, Limit

AT would be, but that's part of why AT is not good.

MaMU + Galeforce Wife = Yeah he does. [And at least one of those is Support, so it's +10*8 on that attack. That's a kill on anything where base Attack is breaking Even and no Dragonskin. That's 40 on anything with Dragonskin.]

Characters do not exist in vacuum.

MaMU doesn't have anything in his way of Double Procs, Agg, Faire, Limit

AT would be, but that's part of why AT is not good.

I realize the Galeforce spouse thing, but I'm talking about MU as a unit by himself.

I strongly advise the use of Armsthrift on a Swordmaster, because good 1-2 range does not come cheap (and Ragnell is fantastic for sword users so make sure you keep it around). Sure you can farm Ragnell in Infinite Regalia, but that depends on how much you value your own time. I personally don't play FE to grind for powerful weapons, so I love that Armsthrift saves me so much time.

I would also say that Luna and Limit Breaker are staples to maximize your offensive output. Having ~56% chance to activate Luna means that your low strength isn't significant most of the time. Alternately, you can try Vantage + Vengeance, but that depends a lot on how much avoid your swordmaster has. If he never gets hit, both skills are fairly worthless on their own. I like Luna more because it is more reliable and takes up less skill space. Aggressor would also be a really cool idea for some strong player phase action. But really, once you have Armsthrift, Luna and Limit Breaker, you pretty much have free range (just don't go putting anything like Bowfaire on the unit, obviously). Swordfaire could help round out the skillset.

AT is still useless. It doesn't provide any actual advantage in battle besides saving you some gold. Thing is, the only swords worth using are braves. And they're already infinite. I'm assuming that he also has a silver card, giving you access to a brave sword for about 1000 gold. That's a single Bullion(s).

Assuming characters exist in a vacuum, which you seem to be insisting on, and assuming most combat happens on EP, which you're also insisting on, I want my Avatar to kill as much stuff as possible on EP, and Brave Swords simply can't touch ranged opponents. You need range to fight effectively on EP, and that means Ragnell. Can you buy them for 1000G? No. You can't buy them at all, you have to get them from a random treasure chest at the back of a decently sized map with tons of enemies.

Lance breaker(The weapon triangle mean nothing now)

Limit Break(Extra 10+ to all caps)

SwordFaire(Extra 5 + attack)

Sol(With the high skill you'll recover alot of health)

Astra(2.5 damage, why not?)

LB, Lancebreaker, Tomebreaker, Quick Burn/Bowbreaker, Lucky 7. Hold a Superior Edge.

If you're going to go dodgetank, why not go all the way?