Inception Mafia

Paperblade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because you can look better when shinori flips and you said he was town when he flips town?

am i the only one who's bothered by the implication that shinori will definetely flip town? he barely talks about shinori at all on day 1, and what he does say isn't exactly flattering towards shinori. then out of nowhere on day 2 he says he has no interest in lynching shinori, which makes no sense considering his past activity. like i can see a townie being like "yeah I don't know about shinori but refa is obvious scum" or something but that's just ridiculous. coupled with the implication that shinori is definetely going to flip town is bothering me.

i guess i shouldn't really mind because i've been scumreading both of them but this is really bothering me.

One is yeah I know this is horrible self-meta but I'm quitting mafia after this game so I'm very apathetic towards people telling me how I should play since I won't be playing anymore when this is over. Like I can keep it in consideration but I can't do anything with it.

I thought we were talking about Shinori...

Also fair enough on your explanation. I guess you're complaining more about easy votes than meta reads persay? I dunno, I agree with your reasoning, but I don't agree that it applies to Shinori. Easy votes are people like Objection, bearclaw, Rapier. Heck, I can even see you qualifying (although again I'll have to read up on your scum games, I am really in the dark there), but I really don't get Shinori. And this is coming from someone who's been called scum in like every game except like Unnamed and MCM.

refa have you played with shinori tho.

also you said something like "maybe if you tried to play less like scum it'd make the game more enjoyable for you" in your post and my first part was referring to that, and also what j00 said earlier ("well maybe you should play differently then")

I'm just going with my gut read on this one. The last last minute counterwagon didn't turn out good while the Shinori one has had a lot more analysis and I just feel more confident with it.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

No, he should be hammered from my vote alone.

refa have you played with shinori tho.

also you said something like "maybe if you tried to play less like scum it'd make the game more enjoyable for you" in your post and my first part was referring to that, and also what j00 said earlier ("well maybe you should play differently then")

Sorry, I should've clarified that I wasn't referring to you specifically. Like, I'm not reading you as scum so yeah.

Votals

(3) Refa: Grass, Manix, Shinori

(7) Shinori: Rein, Kay, Boron, j00, Furet, Euklyd, Refa

(1) Rein: Strege

(4) Kay: SB, kirsche, Poly, Strege, Levity

Levity wept, filling up her wall of "I am always right" as Shinori got his shoes fitted.

Shinori was Viktor, Mafia Hijacker.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 ends in 24 hours on Saturday, Jan 25th at 10AM PST (GMT-8).

Edited by Paperblade

Sorry about the delays guys

Once again you wake up to find two dead.

The first body is Manix, who is Igor, Mafia Tailor.

The second body is Parrhesia/Furet, who is Olga, Mafia Jailer.

It is now Day 3. Day 3 ends in about 79 hours at 10PM PST (GMT-8) on Wednesday, January 29th.

woops ;/

I don't really like Kay's Shinori vote from last phase. It is placed in post 512 and at that point I think it's okay, but she hardly pushed it afterwards. I don't like the absent follow-up on Refa either (and I think Kay's initial comments on him needed a follow-up -- what did you think of Refa's waffling? Did your read of his tone sharpen over time?). Could you be a little more explicit about the relative intensities of your reads?

I do agree with Kay's post 609 about Rein's last post (605) being really fence-sitting-y. The rest of his D2 content is attacking votes on him and then the voters (see post 479 for two consecutive examples) and he did that a lot D1 too. I think his reads on Objection and Eurykins were echoey and with Shinori dead I don't know who he thinks is scum at all.

##Vote: Rein

Quote, I'm concerned that you never really elaborated on Refa or Grass. What is your opinion now on the scorri/Boron slot? I'm also a little confused as to why you never voted j00 given the apparent intensity and consistency of your scumread on her.

Sorry can't really explain anything rn I will be able to later. I don't really know though bc everyone left is either a null or scumread for me.

[spoiler="Rein]

Already talked about the Manix vote. The justification behind it looks ok from a reread but I still dislike the park. The defense:

yes I still thought Manix is scummiest at the time and that's why i was voting him. shinori's vote is like this too because apparently i HAVE to have found someone scummier than manix at the time??

Sitting on someone for that long is bad yes because it means you aren't actively scumhunting. You voted Manix for making a claim and having a bad idea, which isn't even scummy, and then sat on that vote for almost half the day not adding anything new to your case or really discussing other people aside from attacking people who attacked you for attacking you. That last point is actually Furet's that the above is in response to, but I don't think you really addressed it.

Your actual Furet case was decent and I read #310 as frustrated town which is why I felt better of you despite the votepark.

I'd like to see what he has to say on that. his voteswitch is also questionable because effort =/= autotown

Apologies for not seeing this when I went through stuff addressed at me. I should have been more specific, putting in effort to scumhunt is townie behaviour. Scum put less time and effort doing that than someone aligned with the town would.

I'm working on a few more ISOs and some rereading

You're very guilty of promising rereads and not delivering them. Also, now that Shinori is lynched, who else do you think is scum? You didn't make it very clear yesterday who you thought was scum, in fact you seemed to be on the fence when it came to Refa and Kay. The latter you stated as scummy but you wouldn't gun for her lynch and then the former you didn't find super scummy just 'odd'. If you think the arguments against Refa were wrong why didn't you defend him? Agree with Strege and Kay that you should explain this, and I would like to know who you think is scum today, and I want more than just the primary scumread if possible.

tl;dr who is scum and why. Would lynch.

[spoiler=Quote]

I don't really know how to play differently. You don't have to drop your read on me because of meta reasons or anything but it's like Prims said, if I were playing like I do as scum my wagon would have gotten way more momentum than it did probably.

I don't see why people not being as distrusting of you means that you're town, it could just mean that the cases on other people are stronger.

I'm sick of this "refa is doing more than shinori so he must be town" bullshit because that's really awful holy shit

I don't even know who said this? Can you address the actual arguments made for why Refa is actually town if you still suspect him.

Just because the only ones left are scum/null reads doesn't stop you from pushing them, so it would be nice if you could elaborate on your reads more when you can. Especially Kay because you said you were fine with a Kay lynch but you never really explained what was wrong with her except for her being unmemorable.

tl;dr want to see more because the cases on you don't have me convinced and the stuff I see isn't really indicative of alignment.

##Vote:Kay

Kay > Rein > Scorri/Boron

I think that's the last ISO I'm going to do because it's tiring and feeling like I had to do that is what put me off posting after my first one. Also I missed something:

woops ;/

I'm guessing one of these kills is yours then. Which one?