If you hate fanservice...say it here

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends. If it's equal opportunity fanservice, no problem. If it makes sense for the character to wear sexually provocative clothing as a part of their character, go ahead. When it's shit like snapping spines and outfits that don't make a bit of sense, then no.

Never understood the appeal of bnb, especially in comics. Not only does it look painful as fuck, but in media like comic books you have at least 20 pages per issue to work with why the fuck do you need to fit both into a single frame

Edited by Thor Odinson

I don't mind nostalgic fanservice. Sometimes it can even be great (see pokemon remakes or the presence of gen I starters in X/Y)

Edit: this post was written before anon specified which kind of fanservice he was talking about

I honestly didn't know there was another kind of fanservice. When people talk about fanservice, it has always been about sexual things about the characters, from what I've seen.

Boobs = Good

Butts = Good

Boobs + Butts = 2Good

You should try to like good things

I do like good things.

That's the one thing I will readily say I despise about the game. FE has always had a sense of dignity aside from one slightly less decently dressed character

So to speak, which is understandable in a game with often 50+ important characters. If I hadn't gotten into FE with FE7 and 8, I likely would have skipped awakening because of this garbage.

:):

Some people seem to have an extremely narrow view of fanservice.

In their defense, it's a lot easier to do fanservice poorly than it is to do it well.

I honestly didn't know there was another kind of fanservice. When people talk about fanservice, it has always been about sexual things about the characters, from what I've seen.

Really? I knew of nostalgic fanservice for a while, although it mostly applies to video games, such as

• The New Super Mario Bros. games
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • Megaman 9 and 10 (more specifically, the styles used)
  • FE Awakening DLC
  • Those "remastered" versions of old games (not to mention games that got remakes despite not really needing them)

etc.

Not to mention crossovers.

Edited by BLS

Really? I knew of nostalgic fanservice for a while, although it mostly applies to video games, such as

• The New Super Mario Bros. games
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • Megaman 9 and 10 (more specifically, the styles used)
  • FE Awakening DLC
  • Those "remastered" versions of old games (not to mention games that got remakes despite not really needing them)

etc.

Not to mention crossovers.

Oh...those are great. I liked what they did in FE13, aknowledging others over the older games and throwing in weapons and items from other games.

I adore nostalgia fanservice and actually don't mind sexual fanservice so long as it's done occasionally (well, depends on the genre - in comedies and romance-based works I'm more lenient) and it's equal opportunity.

I hate it when developers waste time on anything that doesn't add to my enjoyment; including, but not limited to: gratuitous copy-paste transformation sequences, slideshow scenes, repeat jokes, and intrusive fanservice.

Edited by Makaze

Depends. If it's equal opportunity fanservice, no problem. If it makes sense for the character to wear sexually provocative clothing as a part of their character, go ahead. When it's shit like snapping spines and outfits that don't make a bit of sense, then no.

Never understood the appeal of bnb, especially in comics. Not only does it look painful as fuck, but in media like comic books you have at least 20 pages per issue to work with why the fuck do you need to fit both into a single frame

Hello, brother. Dost thou wish to engage in some...gratuitous fanservice?

Boobs and butt poses are not that bad in small doses. But if every female poses that way and it makes absolutely no sense, yeah its dumb and shouldnt happen. Comic artists tend to get a little...carried away.

That doesn't make the least bit of sense.

You're saying you hate fanservice because it's crass and pandering. Newsflash: So is the series this forum is based on and the majority of all entertainment goods everyone consumes.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

You're saying you hate fanservice because it's crass and pandering. Newsflash: So is the series this forum is based on and the majority of all entertainment goods everyone consumes.

Ah yes, because obviously you know what I like and why.

Nothing against small amounts of it, done with taste. I mean, Mass Effect 3s extended cut was essentially fan service, but it let me tell that little ghostly AI kid to get the fuck off my planet. (YES!!!) There are times when it's too much, and it's a shame, but it hardly ruins my day.

ME's Citadel DLC is fan service done right.

90% of Fairy Tail is fan-service done completely wrong.

SAY HELLO TO JAPAN AND IT'S PERVERTEDNESS

for myself it annoy only when its exagerated and for when it shows way TOO much close or when It Obviously want to be showed.

i would do a example but i don't think it would be right so yeah.

Theres the Fanservices animes too like Supersonico but those you don't need to get mad at it since it's all about that.

and High school of the Dead? way too much everytime.

Thread:

imdone.gif

If quality is lost on fan service (of any variety) for a game/show/etc, then I end up despising it. If it accentuates the product it accompanies, then it's fine with me. It's important to note that this is subjective and varies between products.

Ah yes, because obviously you know what I like and why.

I don't need to know your opinion on Italian food to guess at whether you're a fan of eating literal shit. I can guarantee without a doubt that every single one of us here enjoys some form of media that is heavily catered to by a variety of people. I can also guarantee there are people out there who would deride you for enjoying them.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

As I've stated in another thread:

"The only time I don't dislike fanservice is when I'm the only one getting the fanservice."

Now in the context of "Nostalgia fanservice", moderation is key.

Edited by shadowofchaos

My response in a nutshell. Cuz that makes absolutely no sense.

At all.

It is the mindset of everyone who said they dislike fanservice in this thread.