• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I feel dumb :facepalm:

Oh that >_> Let's forget it ever happened. And I need to read the books in English (for the record I have the whole Harry Potter series in French AND in English. I read them when I was young and didn't understand English very well, but 2 years ago, I decided to read them in their original language xp. I also need to read the English version of Artemis Fowl)

Yes, it never happened.

And you should definitely read Artemis in english. Actually, I feel like re-reading the series again myself now, since I forgot to keep reading the Atlantis Complex and its been awhile.

So Silver might be redeemed a bit today. I might cut the name thing into... One month from now, since she helped me with such a great task

Yay! And was it that much of a help?

Edited by Silver Lightning

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-115851584

>Victini with Fire Punch and Thunder Punch. Methinks this guy hasn't heard of Blue Flare, V-create, or Bolt Strike...
>Thunder Wave/ Thunder/Discharge Galvantula
VS.
>Gravity Magnezone without any inaccurate move or Ground move on the team
>Shell Bell Honchkrow.
>Shell Bell ever,

So Silver might be redeemed a bit today. I might cut the name thing into... One month from now, since she helped me with such a great task

You are such a magnanimous sensei

Yes, it never happened.

And you should definitely read Artemis in english. Actually, I feel like re-reading the series again myself now, since I forgot to keep reading the Atlantis Complex and its been awhile.

Yay! And was it that much of a help?

Funny thing is. I read everything up to the time paradox in French, but bought the most recent books in English (because they're cheaper, because they come out earlier and because they're often of higher quality. I bought Mockingjay in English because I was impatient, despite having the 2 previous books in French. And now I've bought the 2 first in English as well and I found them superior to the translation. Though I must say that the French translation of the Artemis Fowl books is some of the best I've seen).

Also, have you read other Eoin Colfer books? (I read the Supernaturalist and my brother owns Airman, but I haven't read it)

You are such a magnanimous sensei

Funny thing is. I read everything up to the time paradox in French, but bought the most recent books in English (because they're cheaper, because they come out earlier and because they're often of higher quality. I bought Mockingjay in English because I was impatient, despite having the 2 previous books in French. And now I've bought the 2 first in English as well and I found them superior to the translation. Though I must say that the French translation of the Artemis Fowl books is some of the best I've seen).

Also, have you read other Eoin Colfer books? (I read the Supernaturalist and my brother owns Airman, but I haven't read it)

Artemis Fowl would be great in most any language, I'd imagine; I love the humour and wit.

And I think the only other book of his that I've read is the Wishlist, and that was a long time ago.

woo shiny carbink from wonder trade!

i really get lucky in wonder trade lol

Hiya Ice

speaking of Carbink, I remember seeing a replay with this moron who got 6-0'd by one.

Artemis Fowl would be great in most any language, I'd imagine; I love the humour and wit.

And I think the only other book of his that I've read is the Wishlist, and that was a long time ago.

The problem with humour and with is that it can be hard to translate in other language. The fact that they managed to keep the wit in the translation is what makes it amazing.

Hiya Ice

speaking of Carbink, I remember seeing a replay with this moron who got 6-0'd by one.

yo Levant

haha that's amazing

also people are really generous in gts. giving away shiny rayquazas for eevee and stuff :o

manage to get 2

The problem with humour and with is that it can be hard to translate in other language. The fact that they managed to keep the wit in the translation is what makes it amazing.

That is true; I suppose I'll take your word for it then. :)

Maybe I should try finding a Spanish translation and see how that compares.

That is true; I suppose I'll take your word for it then. :)

Maybe I should try finding a Spanish translation and see how that compares.

You should learn French and read 'La quète d'Ewilan'. It's one of the most imaginative fantasy series I read. (Maybe there's a fan-translation out there, but to my knowledge, there's not official translation which is a shame. If I ever get around to write a story, this is why I would write it in English)

yo Levant

haha that's amazing

also people are really generous in gts. giving away shiny rayquazas for eevee and stuff :o

manage to get 2

Here's the replay in question:

http://replay.pokemo...om/ou-103402021

You'll find other stupid stuff here, too.

Edited by Levant Caprice

"the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach"

"literally"

sweet dreams, Ice

Edited by Kinumi