• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Hell: Where ALL Demonic Spiders belong.

I haven't played anything after 9, but I think 8's Malboros are the nastiest in any Final Fantasy game by far

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I haven't played anything after 9, but I think 8's Malboros are the nastiest in any Final Fantasy game by far

Did they ambush you in 8? I don't really remember.

If not, then 10, they were horrible. Though they can be somewhat circumvented with First Strike.

Edited by Soledai

Real pain Malboros, huh...

Then again, been so long since I played X. I only really remember well IV's Malboros.

I didn't actually think they were terribly bad in FFIV

In FFIV, I hated Ice Dragons like nobody's business.

EDIT: Ahh, the Sylph Cave... pardon me, but fuck that place.

Were there vanilla Malboros in 10? I only seem to recall tougher variants and Ochu.

I think there were, but I don't think the vanillas were really bad like Great Malboro

Also, Ochu can burn too.

Edited by Soledai

I think there were, but I don't think the vanillas were really bad like Great Malboro

Also, Ochu can burn too.

Yeah I remember the Great Malboros and some other thing that I think you only fight in the Monster Arena.

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure Ochu are weak against fire.

Wait, you NEVER played 10? Pour quoi?

Yeah, I haven't. I need to get the HD remaster...

If not, then 10, they were horrible. Though they can be somewhat circumvented with First Strike.

It's not that they ambush you in 8, but it's the part where they tend to get the first move even if they don't, said first move tends to be Bad Breath, and Bad Breath hits the whole party, meaning you're royally fucked if you're not immune to Berserk and Confuse AT LEAST.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

It's not that they ambush you in 8, but it's the part where they tend to get the first move even if they don't, said first move tends to be Bad Breath, and Bad Breath hits the whole party.

Yeah, it's the same in 10, but in 10, the Greats always ambush and the first move is always Bad Breath.

Were there vanilla Malboros in 10? I only seem to recall tougher variants and Ochu.

There are. In the northwest section of the Calm Lands, where the encounter rate isn't that high to begin with if I remember right. So not likely stuff you'd fight often.

i started going to school and i come home as if all life has been sucked out and replaced with tiredness

thats school alright

as far as i can tell?

no not really

thank god too