• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Whoa, 3 years is pretty good. How much did it cost for you anyway?

I wouldn't know. It was when I was 8-10 years old, so I never thought of asking.

And it may have been 3 years, but overall I never actually learn much. Only time it worked for me was the first year, when it was just learning the Hiragana and Katakana. lulz

After that it turned very hard for me.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

wait huh where would I make such a thread at? >____> I'd be guessing FftF or maybe General...?

Good luck. Tried and Tried to learn japanese but it's just not fun for me.

Well, I guess it also depends how determined one is to learn the language. But thanks anyway.

I wouldn't know. It was when I was 8-10 years old, so I never thought of asking.

And it may have been 3 years, but overall I never actually learn much. Only time it worked for me was the first year, when it was just learning the Hiragana and Katakana. lulz

After that it turned very hard for me.

Oh, well then, of course you wouldn't really know.

But I see... Was it the kanji or what? Or other circumstances?

Edited by Kaguya

maybe in general, yeah

I might try later today or tomorrow, depending on how I feel and what I'll start doing.

Well, trying is always good anyway.

Maybe. Or trying to spread. >3

Cool

yeah it is .u.

or recruiting >:o

Oh, well then, of course you wouldn't really know.

But I see... Was it the kanji or what? Or other circumstances?

I no longer remember well, but yeah, partly it was learning Kanji, and the other was learning stuff like sentence structure, and the like. I could never got it to become easier for me.

In the end, beyond that, most of what I know of Japanese I've learned from here and there. Like SRW.

It's weird because when i started mandarin I actually found it fun. i probably have less of a motivation to learn Mandarin over Japanese but I like how simplified the grammar is at least in Mandarin. i'll admit i haven't really gotten past the first part of Japanese (some hiragana and katakan) but from what I've heard i don't think i'd enjoy it. Multiple readings for a character+the fact that there are no spaces in japanese makes reading japanese sound like a pain >_> and then there is learning the pronouncations for all the kanji. I could probably just learn vocabulary instead of learning the kanji individually I guess but IDK.

For Japanese, you would have to focus in speaking, reading (focus on grammar and kanji) and listening (this being the easiest one). The way I learned it is by connecting with Japanese people who want to learn in English. It helps a lot since you're helping yourself being immersed in the language and it actually helps you pick it up faster. iirc a lot of kanji is similar to Chinese writing, it's a bit easier to translate if you know Chinese well enough I think

For Japanese, you would have to focus in speaking, reading (focus on grammar and kanji) and listening (this being the easiest one). The way I learned it is by connecting with Japanese people who want to learn in English. It helps a lot since you're helping yourself being immersed in the language and it actually helps you pick it up faster. iirc a lot of kanji is similar to Chinese writing, it's a bit easier to translate if you know Chinese well enough I think

can confirm that learning the language by connecting to people works

it's mostly how my father learned to speak english after speaking a non english language most of his life

Unfortunately I know literally no japanese people XD. I do see a few Japanese streams pop up occasionally though so might use that if i ever decide to try japanese again and when i know at least a few hundred kanji.

maybe in general, yeah

Cool

yeah it is .u.

or recruiting >:o

Yeah, that seems like the better bet.

Starting, recruiting, same thing, more to follow the omnipotent sukusuku.

I no longer remember well, but yeah, partly it was learning Kanji, and the other was learning stuff like sentence structure, and the like. I could never got it to become easier for me.

In the end, beyond that, most of what I know of Japanese I've learned from here and there. Like SRW.

Well, you were young and stuff, but I see... Yeah,t hat's true, it can be quite complicated.

Games and anime and stuff like that can help one learn Japanese too... in some way or form.

Oh yeah! That...is also a very important part of learning Japanese or any language really. Well... another step for me to learn Japanese is to meet more Japanese people around. Frankly, it shouldn't be too hard in LA... maybe. And yeah, a lot of the kanji are similar to Chinese characters but at least for me, I know/recognize like under 10 Chinese characters.