Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

No, Steam destroyed all my progress in the game.

/pats

The town after Onett.

Lol.

well thats progress

I guess

sorry to disappoint it was literally 3 a.m.

that stops you? Edited by Trisitei

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I quit Earthbound.

Then I went back and tried to play it again. Got bored of it before I even finished Onett.

Then I played it again after that, got to the town after Onett, the game started bugging on me, it was already becoming a chore so I quit forever.

Lol.

its gonna be ok

I quit Earthbound.

Then I went back and tried to play it again. Got bored of it before I even finished Onett.

Then I played it again after that, got to the town after Onett, the game started bugging on me, it was already becoming a chore so I quit forever.

Lol.

The start of Earthbound is probably the weakest part of the game, since you only have Ness. Once you get your second character it starts to pick it up a bit

I quit Earthbound.

Lol.

Play eXceed, it's like touhou, except not like touhou

Actually, I'm gonna play eXceed 2nd, supposedly it's like a mix of touhou and ikaruga, since it has polarity

Edited by Soledai

I swear at I remember hearing of that polarity thing before

It's in Ikaruga, and probably mentioned in one of my not-"rants" about said game.

It lets you absorb bullets of the same color, so it acts kind of like a shield in that regard

No it's not, Earthbound is so bleh it's not even funny, and I'm sick of playing it out of obligation, lol.

also tbf, most games start a bit slow

How fast it takes to get to anything exciting depends on the game

At least it doesn't have an hour or two hour long intro that's something akin to a visual novel

I wanted an rpg, not a VN gdi

>:(

A cult classic that everyone loves the shit out of except me, lol.

Also I hated never knowing where to go in the game. That's a major detractor for me when I consider quitting the game.

I mean, I could keep using the walkthrough, but really.

I'm neutral about it. Good, but not fantastic.

Then remind me to never suggest a SaGa game to you, once you get past a character's intro, you're pretty much on your own.

The amount of exaggerating in this post: 0

Edited by Soledai

Also I hated never knowing where to go in the game. That's a major detractor for me when I consider quitting the game.

must be more on classic RPGs

Just need to explore, man

But with an open space like that, it is possible to get lost >~>

Also that reminds me of this old earthbound parody thing i listened to with the characters always needing to consult the walkthrough b/c shit got confusing

You don't talk to NPC's or check the map?

Actually I'm going to finish a videogame.

Happens rarely enough.

It's Tales of the Abyss.

To be fair I've beaten the main story before yet. But this time I want to do the optional bosses as well.

Will fight the final boss today and then grinding, grinding, grinding for one of the hardest bosses in videogames.

No it's not, Earthbound is so bleh it's not even funny, and I'm sick of playing it out of obligation, lol.

Yeah, I figured, but still, how much better could the game get really.

So don't play it? A mid 90's JRPG doesn't sound like something you'd enjoy

I'm not a fan of Earthbound either; the writing didn't do much for me (not saying it's bad, mind. I guess I didn't get most of it), and the inventory system annoyed me a bit since I'm a hoarder. I think the gameplay of the game is great (enemies on the overworld, automatically beating weaker enemies without the need of fighting, the HP system), but it falls flat in everything else, in my opinion

What? I never got lost in Earthbound; the game's pretty linear in its approach. I think Threed was the only place that took me a while, and even then in hindsight it was just me being silly. You certainly can't get lost in Earthbound

EDIT: Except for the swamp. Fuck the swamp

Edited by DodgeDusk