Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Ah, decide already Klamp which way you're moving... at least it means he's not attacking...

So someone came up with the pretty entertaining theory that Jar Jar is actually a Sith overlord.

Oh yeah, had read that. Hilarious.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Ah yes, I posted that earlier

It's a bit scary how good that theory is

It really is. Especially when you consider that the voice actor for Jar Jar was once asked if the Jar Jar hate had caused some changes to his character in the later movies and he answered that the character didn't change, but there were huge changes to the stories (also, he's apparently Lucas' favorite character)

is that the same theory david showed the other day?

Apparently it is.

To be honest I think the idea of Jar Jar originally being revealed as a villain but Lucas scrapping the idea has quite a bit of merit. In fact at some early point in making the script, there was a mercenary character who joins Qui Gon, but later betrays him. This early idea eventually turned into the comic relief character of Jar Jar, but the idea of the supposed friend turned foe was there early on.

One of my favorite bits of speculation is Jimmni's comment on the page about Jar Jar's introduction in the movie.

I like this theory. It always fits with a part of TPM that always felt odd to me. When Jar Jar arrives in the underwater kingdom thing, they take him seriously. They point spears at him, and don't act like he's just a bumbling idiot. They seem more worried about him than the two Jedi he's with. Contrast this with the absolute conviction of the federation dudes that the Jedi are a huge potential threat. It is clear soon after that they recognise them as Jedi, so they're not acting from ignorance.

Not long after, when they're on the way to the planet's core, Qui-gon asks Jar Jar why he was banished, and Jar Jar acts very shiftily, saying it was because he was "clumsy" and yes, "you could say that". He does, though, acknowledge this was "a small part of it", while being extremely evasive. The Jedi seem skeptical, but presumably don't think too much more about it. Jar Jar then describes causing great damage.

They are then attacked by a big fish, who is then eaten by another, bigger fish. Qui-gon comments that "There's always a bigger fish."

This "introduction to Jar Jar" struck me as very strange. It never occurred to me that he might be the big villain of your theory, but damn, it really fits. We're introduced to Jar Jar as feared, dishonest, and with reference to a "bigger fish".

It also seems strange that they have this guardian angel of a giant fish.

One of my favorite bits of speculation is Jimmni's comment on the page about Jar Jar's introduction in the movie.

Never really thought about it like that. Huh.

Also because I like advertising my own damn channel

Part 8