• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

I should get around to playing FE5, so I can join the Fates hype someday (after it's long over).

I procrastinate on playing video games, something is wrong with me.

its ok

By the time you get to it, you, me, Mei, and everone in Europe and Australia can have our own hype group

A couple of gameplay questions about FE14:

What types of mission objectives do exist and how is the chapter design?

I mean hearing about defend missions and no more ambush spawing relieved me a bit.

Very diverse. There's seize (that's actually escape), Seize before X turns, Escape with Corrin (actually Seize lol), Escape with all units, Kill Boss, Kill all bosses before X turns, Defend, Route. All the objectives are here. The Map design is awesome. They're not open fields like awekening, they actually require thought on how to beat. They're also full of special tiles and secondary objectives, and many of them have very unique and interesting gimicks that you have to learn to use in your favor. There's also a new feature called Dragon Vein, which with smart use can help you, but if you do it dumbly, can completely screw you. Some chapters also have Balliestaes and Magic Orbs, which are like Ballistaes for magic users. I'd say the map design is among the best in the series. Oh, and with enemies that can debuff you, you have to be extra careful with positioning. Even if you have a units with High Speed and High Defense, if a enemy drops their def and speed by 6, you will get trouble.

And yeah, ambush reinforcements are gone.

This is all about Conquest. Birthright is probably more like Awakening, though I hear the map design is also pretty good, despite the lack of mission objectives.

Edited by Nobody

This is all about Conquest. Birthright is probably more like Awakening, though I hear the map design is also pretty good, despite the lack of mission objectives.

Basically its Awakening done better, there is some objective differences (Its pretty basic though) and theres alot of focusing on the debuff abillities you get via ninja's and stuff, while its overall more simple I still think its really really fun. Dragon Vein stuff is always a blast

also I don't consider Awakening worthy of constant resetting

y'all gotta be more flexible

TBF, I've played awakening so many times i never get people dying even without using Pair Up. I probably know every reinforcement spot and the turn they appear lol

Basically its Awakening done better, there is some objective differences (Its pretty basic though) and theres alot of focusing on the debuff abillities you get via ninja's and stuff, while its overall more simple I still think its really really fun. Dragon Vein stuff is always a blast

I see. I'm definitely playing it after replaying Conquest on lunatic.

Which difficulty are you playing it on?

I'll probably play it straight on lunatic

Edited by Nobody

I see. I'm definitely playing it after replaying Conquest on lunatic.

Which difficulty are you playing it on?

I'll probably play it straight on lunatic

I'm doing it on Hard/Classic for my first run, and i've had to reset acouple times, haha, sometimes my fault other times stupid crits :P:

I really like the Hoshido cast.

It is a crying shame :P:

Thats her "Magic mode" outfit in Risky's Revenge.

Yes, I checked some pics on the internet and noticed as much...

Although I must admit the dress was also nice for the other three girls as well