Hello, Hi, Hey: I'm $$$ richh

Alright I will admit that was sort of a dick move with the rods.

However, plenty of people have beaten it the "correct" way on lunatic, and it's honestly not anything worse than the bullshit 25 and 26 throw at you.

I do agree that seeing for myself and realizing that there was only 1 Hexing Rod (I thought for sure each of the 3 Grand Masters had one, knowing the BS this game can throw at you) as well as that there isn't more paired units than they were in Hard, it's probably manageable with the right strategy.

• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Putting a turn limit at the final stage... I mean, I get it. Taking too long to beat the final boss out of gameplay should mean it's almost all for naught, specially if there is something that makes the clock tick... but adding it to the gameplay itself is kinda... yeeeeeeeah...

FE has yet to use that, right? Or am I forgetting something...?

Conquest and Birthright don't have time limits per say, but the more you prolong the fight, the harder the map becomes. Conquest has endless spawning units that self-destruct when they're below half HP and Birthright slowly turns all the tiles in the maps in damaging tiles that restore the boss' HP at the same time.

Conquest and Birthright don't have time limits per say, but the more you prolong the fight, the harder the map becomes. Conquest has endless spawning units that self-destruct when they're below half HP and Birthright slowly turns all the tiles in the maps in damaging tiles that restore the boss' HP at the same time.

Well, no Game Over... but I suppose close enough.

Ah!

"Better" idea, pull a Lightning Returns and put a time limit on the entire game.

Haaa, that's bound to be a completionist's nightmare.

Though in general I wouldn't agree with the practice. A game is meant to be enjoyed at a desireable pace. Not being given one that you have to follow if you want to beat the game. Leave that sort of stuff only for obtaining optional stuff... like the Excalibur II in FFIX... or Shin Getter Robo in Compact... and stuff.

*Muscles*

Of course. I didn't think you'd choose them!

I actually grew really attached to them on my Z2 playthrough. It was a coinflip whether I would just fall back on them again because familiarity, or if I was going to try to push myself to explore new mechs.

The PMU is probably the best of both worlds in that regards.

Dragon Quarter for limited dragon for usage

BoF, right?

If so, that's the only one I never got the chance to play

a cave is okay too

danmaku in general, but I prefer everything else

What caves?

Also I agree, I like my caves, but not my preference.

I noticed that we have two Sols now...

... or rather a second Nobody.

Prophecy?

Oh, I remember a good one. Compact 2's true final stage. Unlocked by clearing the game in 777 turns. Sounds like a lot, but this is the game with about 95 stages. That's pretty much about 8 turns per stage on average.

Thankfully Impact switched to the numbers of Battle Masteries obtained.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I actually grew really attached to them on my Z2 playthrough. It was a coinflip whether I would just fall back on them again because familiarity, or if I was going to try to push myself to explore new mechs.

The PMU is probably the best of both worlds in that regards.

Excellent. If only that game had The-O though, I would have most definitely chosen it. But for now, Kamiyuu and Char are more than enough.

What caves?

Also I agree, I like my caves, but not my preference.

DonPachi and DoDonPachi for the most part. Give or take a Dangun Feveron. I'd like to try Mushihimesama because bugs are cool.

I thought Dodonpachi was okay, couldn't really get into it. Mushihimesama was pretty okay too.

But, really, I think the better Cave games are the lesser known ones, like the aforementioned Espgaluda, Deathsmiles, and I think Ibara was Cave as well.

Nevermind the fact that I want to play Daifukkatsu and Saidaioujou

Edited by Soledai

ibara is really good IMO. raizing style game with cave like movement is near perfect for me. Ketsui and espgaluda 2 are really fun as well. Not a fan of the rest of CAVE though.

Like, no kidding, I was just about to play Ketsui

But yeah, I really liked Ibara, I just gotta few things I need to get used to though.

Edited by Soledai

yep ibara was developed by shinobu yagawa who made raizing games while most of cave's catalouge is by tsuneki ikeda. very different design philosophies so the ibara is very different from most cave games.

Today's crap was Espgaluda's final boss:

[23:17:57] Soledai: I'll spare you the story and just get to the highlight
[23:18:21] Soledai: This piece of garbage quite literally fills the screen with bullets, see?
[23:18:47] Soledai: You have an ability that can shield you from bullets, right?
[23:18:53] Soledai: Here's the catch:
[23:19:47] Soledai: If you raise your shield, which eventually fires a beam, this lol final boss absorbs the energy from your shield and restores its health.
[23:20:03] Soledai: You can't defend yourself, or you'll heal the boss

did Atlus make that game or something?